Expired Hot Deals

Telus

Telus Student Internet Deal - WICKED DEAL

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 9th, 2019 7:47 pm
Feb 3, 2019
384 posts
437 upvotes
I dont have PhD so I only have the rogers 500 unlimited for $25... Disappointed Face
Oct 17, 2007
288 posts
480 upvotes
3rd Rock
Murkdx wrote: I dont have PhD so I only have the rogers 500 unlimited for $25... Disappointed Face
Anyone can have PhD.
Isn’t PhD = Pizza Home Delivery ?
Penalty Box
Dec 2, 2004
1409 posts
1558 upvotes
BlackShiraya wrote: If you are moving that much data around, using cloud storage and the internet to upload then going home to download is a huge waste of time and resource. If you are spending $65-75 dollars a month on internet, thats a total of about $780-900 dollars a year.
Estimating from the the amount of data that you say occurs every week, making copies of the files directly from the server using NAS hard drives in raid 6 or 10 in a mini server enclosure would be the fastest and safest way to retrieve your files. Cost of which is between $2000-$3000 dollars, but is a permanent solution that should last you between 3-5 years easily. The files would be instantly copied onto your drives and you just take them home to work on it.
You obviously do not have a PhD ... he's paying telus so he can go home to UPLOAD the large files and then go to university to download them again !!! ....
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
2581 posts
2357 upvotes
Tommy74 wrote: How does this compare to unlimited Rogers Gigabyte for $34/month? Lools like it's more for less, but what do I know without PhD...
The Rogers deal is location based. If you are not in the right location you don't get that offer. Not everyone lives in southern Ontario.
Nov 21, 2014
79 posts
70 upvotes
Toronto
frugal69 wrote: You obviously do not have a PhD ... he's paying telus so he can go home to UPLOAD the large files and then go to university to download them again !!! ....
You clearly need to graduate from elementary school cause the same logic applies. Its a hard drive. If i suggest he take the hard drives home why wouldn't he be able to bring the hard drives back. It is implied, but I guess for people like you, you really got to spell it out. Guess you just enjoy elementary school that much huh, love that spelling.
Jul 14, 2019
619 posts
1045 upvotes
john.canad wrote: I mean there's really no point stating your opinion since you've admitted you have ONLY ever used Shaw. You cannot compare the service you're getting to that of any others since you've only ever known one service provider
I did not say that - those are your words, not mine, and also an incorrect assumption. You do know that individuals or businesses who need down-time redundancy will have both, right? I have also worked for companies that had Telus.

Rather hypocritical of you to say there was no point in me posting when the sole purpose of your post was to put words in my mouth and then jump to false conclusions based on your own words. Why bother?

Also there is very little to compare beyond bandwidth per dollar - up-time and advertised speeds for both providers are not an issue 99% of the time for the average user. They copy each other's prices and promotions. You find the best deal and go for it - in fact lots of people switch between the two every year or so chasing promos.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
4389 posts
1782 upvotes
Ottawa
CanadaCPU wrote:
Rather hypocritical of you to say there was no point in me posting when the sole purpose of your post was to put words in my mouth and then jump to false conclusions based on your own words. Why bother?
To call you out on your pointless one-sided post

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)