Expired Hot Deals

[Telus] Telus Summer Sale (Fiber 150 + Optik TV, 4 Theme + 1 Premium) - $115/month + $200 Bill Credit (AB + BC Only)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 3rd, 2019 3:52 am
[OP]
Jan 22, 2017
53 posts
142 upvotes

[Telus] Telus Summer Sale (Fiber 150 + Optik TV, 4 Theme + 1 Premium) - $115/month + $200 Bill Credit (AB + BC Only)

New customer looking for a new deal and found that Telus just started a summer sale for Fiber 150 + Optik TV (4 Theme Packs + 1 Premium (HBO or Netflix) for $115/month + $200 bill credit for signing up online.

I think its a pretty good deal as it includes netflix so for those who current subscribe its not a bad bundle at all. Ends Aug 15
Last edited by jtcipro on Aug 7th, 2019 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
51 replies
Apr 29, 2016
114 posts
79 upvotes
Thanks OP! Good deal that combined with some RFD skills :p became even better!!!

Just finished the call with PureFibre retentions and got the following (YMMV alert):

-Internet 300(!) + unlimited data
-Pick 4 + Netflix
-Home phone # (didn't need but brought the price down)

$100/month + $200 credit
So that's $83.3 before taxes per month.

Since I was already paying $14 for Netflix, my actual deal price is $69.3 plus taxes per month for a premium package.

I was polite with the rep and I asked nicely till I hit a wall. Mentioned Shaw offers but I got a well deserved "Telus has Fibre speed and stability" answer.

YMMV as I cancelled Telus last month due to relocation to BC, that's why I spoke with retentions.

P.S My confirmation email says $110 per month, called back and verified in writing the correct amount. Attaching a screenshot, not to brag but to help others and be ahead of the "post a photo or it didn't happen" fellow RFDers :)

Good luck everyone and let me know if I can help somehow!!!
Images
  • Screenshot_20190807-181254_Gmail.jpg
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2004
1104 posts
387 upvotes
Victoria
BlackRed wrote: Thanks OP! Good deal that combined with some RFD skills :p became even better!!!
Well that's a bit crazy. Thanks for posting. That image should go a long way with Shaw retentions! A couple questions...
- Why did adding home phone bring the price down?
- It seems like in the image there are actually more than 4 "pick" packages?

Edit: Oh... I see.. some of the channel packages listed are duplicated for 4K.
Dec 14, 2017
411 posts
435 upvotes
I'm already on Telus 300, I wonder if there's any deals on OptikTV...
Apr 29, 2016
114 posts
79 upvotes
MikeyCanuck wrote: - Why did adding home phone bring the price down?
From my understanding, for bundling 3 services instead of 2 :)
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2004
1104 posts
387 upvotes
Victoria
BlackRed wrote: From my understanding, for bundling 3 services instead of 2 :)
OK. Must be related to the discounts related to retention. I added home phone to the Summer Bundle when I was looking to see what it would be, and the price dropped to $22, but not to free + additional discount!
Apr 29, 2016
114 posts
79 upvotes
Forgot to mention, till one hour ago, the online order system was down, but the loyalty rep was able to match the online offer for $200 credit.
[OP]
Jan 22, 2017
53 posts
142 upvotes
BlackRed wrote: Thanks OP! Good deal that combined with some RFD skills :p became even better!!!

Just finished the call with PureFibre retentions and got the following (YMMV alert):

-Pick 4 + Netflix

$100/month + $200 credit

Since I was already paying $14 for Netflix, my actual deal price is $69.3 plus taxes per month for a premium package.

I was polite with the rep and I asked nicely till I hit a wall. Mentioned Shaw offers but I got a well deserved "Telus has Fibre speed and stability" answer.

YMMV as I cancelled Telus last month due to relocation to BC, that's why I spoke with retentions.

P.S My confirmation email says $110 per month, called back and verified in writing the correct amount. Attaching a screenshot, not to brag but to help others and be ahead of the "post a photo or it didn't happen" fellow RFDers :)

Wow now thats a hot deal, thanks for posting! Glad you were able to get that offer!
Jun 6, 2016
208 posts
68 upvotes

-Pick 4 + Netflix

$100/month + $200 credit

Thanks for posting, got almost the same thing switching from Shaw to Telus.

Internet 300
TV + Netflix
Phone + unlimited Canada wide calling
+$200 credit
$115/month
Oct 2, 2016
43 posts
14 upvotes

-Pick 4 + Netflix

$100/month + $200 credit

Is your math off on this or did you get $400 worth of credits. $200/24 is $8.33, Telus reps will not budge for me on pricing.
Jul 15, 2016
1 posts
How do new clients usually get better deals with TELUS than what they're currently offering? I'm moving out and looking to get my first fibre internet (without TV) subscription. I've just called TELUS and asked politely whether there are better prices available than the currently running deals (citing past deals), he said he can't do anything like that, I've thanked him and said I need more time to consider it. Am I supposed to ask the rep to transfer me to higher-ups? Or will they call me back in a few days if they don't hear from me? Thanks :)
Aug 11, 2019
32 posts
56 upvotes
I am just wondering how to contact "thatdealguy" from telus re: the telus 300 + pik TV +300 credit deal for existing customers
Jun 6, 2016
208 posts
68 upvotes
samuelngsh wrote: How do new clients usually get better deals with TELUS than what they're currently offering? I'm moving out and looking to get my first fibre internet (without TV) subscription. I've just called TELUS and asked politely whether there are better prices available than the currently running deals (citing past deals), he said he can't do anything like that, I've thanked him and said I need more time to consider it. Am I supposed to ask the rep to transfer me to higher-ups? Or will they call me back in a few days if they don't hear from me? Thanks :)
Just say you spoke to a coworker who signed up and they got that deal. Then ask to be transferred to the fiber loyalty department.

That's how I got my deal.
Aug 11, 2019
32 posts
56 upvotes
If your home area doesn't quality for fibre and you're still on dinosaur copper are you still eligible for some deals
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7635 posts
5142 upvotes
Canada
mhoudini wrote: If your home area doesn't quality for fibre and you're still on dinosaur copper are you still eligible for some deals
Example
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2004
4947 posts
540 upvotes
Victoria
Any existing customers manage to get anything close to this?
Not a political sig
Aug 17, 2008
301 posts
19 upvotes
Current customer - my contract was up in April. Called into retentions to see if they would match a Shaw Deal (IN300+Medium TV +Movies - $145/month+$250 Credit)

Got offered:
Internet 750
Pick 8 + Movies(HBO/Crave) + 1 additional single channel
$150 bill credit

135/Month +Tax or $128.75/month after credit
Latest RFD Purchases:Too many $ spent :(
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2011
2064 posts
741 upvotes
Edmonton
rharasem wrote: Current customer - my contract was up in April. Called into retentions to see if they would match a Shaw Deal (IN300+Medium TV +Movies - $145/month+$250 Credit)

Got offered:
Internet 750
Pick 8 + Movies(HBO/Crave) + 1 additional single channel
$150 bill credit

135/Month +Tax or $128.75/month after credit
How long did you have to wait on the line? I swear every time I try they just let me sit forever.

But that's almost half of what I'm paying now.