• Last Updated:
  • Dec 23rd, 2016 8:15 pm
[OP]
Nov 10, 2016
7 posts
29 upvotes

[Telus] UPDATED : TELUS - 2X$10 Starbucks gift cards for trial participation

Updated Jan 20,2017

Originally found this deal on IT World Canada, and saw it posted again on TELUS' twitter feed last year. However, just got an updated tweet today, that this has been extended to 500 participants, up from the original 250.

Applies only to existing TELUS customers. Participation in the trial gets you a $10 Starbucks card and then filling out a survey on trial completion gets you another $10 Starbucks card. Several participants received the first $10 gift card within a few days for registration. See original deal thread here:

telus-20-starbucks-card-trial-participation-2054586/
Last edited by n1ghtcrawl3r on Dec 22nd, 2016 11:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
17 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2004
1162 posts
964 upvotes
Vancouver
Just did the process successfully, now to wait and see if I get anything.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2006
1357 posts
749 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Mine doesn't work, it keep saying awaiting authentication requests

On the website it still thinks I'm a new user and keep prompting me to download the app
Last edited by Feb30th on Dec 22nd, 2016 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 12, 2016
18 posts
1 upvote
I did this the last time using my phone number and it worked fine...so just signed up from my wife's phone as well, can't say no to free Starbucks! The app works well and it actually makes it easier for me to pay my telus bill because I can log in to my account easier
Nov 12, 2016
18 posts
1 upvote
a_dee wrote: Just did the process successfully, now to wait and see if I get anything.
I tried this 3-4 weeks ago and it took me a couple of days to receive the Starbucks card but I did get it
Dec 14, 2016
8 posts
Edmonton
Thanks for the post OP.

I did not receive a survey. Is it just me?
May 4, 2006
522 posts
82 upvotes
Dealistic wrote: I tried this 3-4 weeks ago and it took me a couple of days to receive the Starbucks card but I did get it
did you receive the survey as well??
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1895 posts
1458 upvotes
Do you have to have mobile telus service for this offer or are you eligible as long as you have any service through telus (like home phone)?
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2014
3062 posts
3024 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Takes up your data right ? How much for how long ? As says can't be connected via wifi
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2006
2789 posts
1358 upvotes
Thanks Op. all set up!
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2004
1446 posts
207 upvotes
Montreal
It says only first 250 customers get it...we're probably past that point now?
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2006
2789 posts
1358 upvotes
HoTiCE_ wrote: It says only first 250 customers get it...we're probably past that point now?
From my confirmation email:
As we are still seeking participants, please feel free to share the below link with your friends and family, and offer them the chance to try out this new technology and receive Starbucks gift cards in the process.

Same links as the OP.
Jul 4, 2007
465 posts
401 upvotes
Pickering, Ontario
Only Telus customers?
Will it work with PM customers?
Apr 12, 2005
11 posts
I just received my $10 Starbucks egift card. I setup the mobile authentication a few days ago.

Thanks.
Mar 15, 2011
564 posts
416 upvotes
Waterloo
RuthBlake wrote: Thanks for the post OP.

I did not receive a survey. Is it just me?
FireAngel wrote:
did you receive the survey as well??
You won't be able to fill out the survey till sometime in Febuary.
From the Mobile Connect email:
We realized that no one likes to wait that long, and we do appreciate you registering. We would like to offer you a $10 Starbucks gift card now, and another $10 Starbucks gift card when you complete the short survey at the end of the pilot in February 2017.
adilh53 wrote: Do you have to have mobile telus service for this offer or are you eligible as long as you have any service through telus (like home phone)?
You are correct, as long as you have a Telus account, you can be eligible for this promo.
From http://www.itworldcanada.com/sponsored/ ... d-problems :
The pilot allows anyone with a TELUS My Account to log in to the TELUS site to view their account information using Mobile Connect.
mrfrugal83 wrote: Takes up your data right ? How much for how long ? As says can't be connected via wifi
It only needs data for the initial registration to verify your phone number. Afterwords you can switch back to wifi. Shouldn't take more than 3-5MBs (about 30 to 50 cents, I would think for most people, though make sure to check with your provider to be sure)
logikol wrote: Only Telus customers?
Will it work with PM customers?
From http://about.telus.com/serviceprovider/ ... tions.html :
This pilot product is currently supported on mobile phones registered on the following carrier networks: TELUS, Koodo, Bell, Virgin, Rogers and Fido. This list is subject to change upon completion of the pilot.
Dec 14, 2016
8 posts
Edmonton
Freebie101 wrote: You won't be able to fill out the survey till sometime in Febuary.

Understood. Thank you for taking the time to reply.
Dec 24, 2006
553 posts
325 upvotes
Victoria
Signed up yesterday, received my first $10 GC today. Thanks OP. The email they sent with my GC said that they are still looking for people so don't be skeptical and sign up (easy, peasy).
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2013
1402 posts
615 upvotes
EDMONTON
Signed up. Thx OP. WIll see if something comes

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)