Banned
Dec 15, 2017
1847 posts
595 upvotes
Toronto

Temporary Foster Homes Wanted For Pets Of Covid-19 Owners

-
https://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/new ... -covid-19/

Dozens of dogs and cats would love to practise social distancing with families during the COVID-19 pandemic instead of in cages at a shelter in St. Catharines.

Foster families are being sought for the animals at Lincoln County Humane Society.

Executive director Kevin Strooband said cat socialization programs have been suspended during the coronavirus pandemic, which means volunteers aren't coming in to interact with the cats.

"Cats are going to sit in their cages," he said. "I'd rather have them sit in somebody's living room."
2 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
3385 posts
635 upvotes
MusicBox - I did read the link. But your header seems to be about pets owned by people who have contracted the virus and need to self-isolate (this can be done with the pet in place) and according to the article it sounds as if people are abandoning their pets out of unnecessary fear. It is probably a combination of both. I know that some people are abandoning their pets.

We are failed fosters - as the article suggests, these are the types of homes they want. Under no circumstances, barring our joint deaths, are we about to abandon our dog!
Deal Fanatic
May 14, 2009
6421 posts
1217 upvotes
The title of the thread should be updated to reflect title of article:

“Lincoln County Humane Society wants foster homes for pets during COVID-19”