Careers

Temporary virus jobs for P.Eng?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 18th, 2020 6:54 pm
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2007
15094 posts
2695 upvotes
Making friends on a public forum is another option.
[OP]
Jun 19, 2007
937 posts
969 upvotes
Halifax
eldiablo wrote: Making friends on a public forum is another option.
Probably not here though eh? Generally try to keep my distance from the poors. That's why I avoid public transit. I figure if I breathe the same air as those poor gypsies, it might infect me with whatever malady that makes them unable to assuredly pay rent/mortgage 10 years out.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
37187 posts
5178 upvotes
Winnipeg
^there are no poor people in 1st world country, the so called "poor" is still ahead good portion of the world.
WTB amazon gc @90%
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2010
6430 posts
5834 upvotes
seadog83 wrote: Why would you assume such a cynic's tack? I truly don't get the vitriol here. A semi-retired engineer, with experience in feet-on-the-ground field engineering and logistics wondering if there's a place he can be used to the benefit of society during a crisis, being lambasted because he's looking for short term work motivated more by altruism than finance. "What an ass! You should just stay at home collecting your divi cheques and drink beer". Are retired doctors and nurses who are considering coming out of retirement to help short term with the crisis equally ****?
I don't blame him or others for jumping to that conclusions based solely on the information (or lack of) that you chose to share in your first couple of responses. Had you shared this info upfront, you probably would have received more positive responses. I think you'll need to take responsibility for how you chose to frame/share your story instead of getting upset for how people responded to you particularly when they're so many people out there who are capable of working but chose to mootch off taxpayers.