• Oct 5th, 2021 11:55 am
Tags:
[OP]
Jul 18, 2012
12 posts
4 upvotes
BRAMPTON

Tenant Issues

I posted earlier today about difficulties with a tenant.
I was wondering, I currently give him access to my wifi. Our tenancy agreement does not specify wifi service.
I'm thinking of changing the password to the wifi so he can go get his own internet if he so chooses. He is determined to make my life more complicated then necessary and I am not currently in a giving mood.
4 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2008
12727 posts
9374 upvotes
Edmonton
MissPris wrote: I posted earlier today about difficulties with a tenant.
I was wondering, I currently give him access to my wifi. Our tenancy agreement does not specify wifi service.
I'm thinking of changing the password to the wifi so he can go get his own internet if he so chooses. He is determined to make my life more complicated then necessary and I am not currently in a giving mood.
It might be best to keep in one thread, rather than starting a new thread for every question. Just a suggestion.

But my thought is... Even if you're in the right, do you want to cause MORE friction between the two of you, or de-escalate things? The best solution is a tenant who goes away ASAP, it sounds like. And antagonizing him isn't likely to make him more amenable to your requests.

C
[OP]
Jul 18, 2012
12 posts
4 upvotes
BRAMPTON
CNeufeld wrote: It might be best to keep in one thread, rather than starting a new thread for every question. Just a suggestion.

But my thought is... Even if you're in the right, do you want to cause MORE friction between the two of you, or de-escalate things? The best solution is a tenant who goes away ASAP, it sounds like. And antagonizing him isn't likely to make him more amenable to your requests.

C
Oh my bad, I will keep that in mind next time. But you are absolutely right. As tempting as it is, I’ll try to remain calm and not escalate things. Annoying as hell though.
May 29, 2012
553 posts
209 upvotes
Southern Ontario
For me it would depend on how bad things get, if it is already very bad and no way to come back into agreement then go for it.

Just remember you can't out-asshole an asshole.
They can do more petty shit to you than you could do to him and get away with
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
46869 posts
9991 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
CNeufeld wrote: It might be best to keep in one thread, rather than starting a new thread for every question. Just a suggestion.

C
Is there a way to create two wifi network names with customization?
Then slow down their wifi network name to 56k levels.
Then keep the fast one for yourself hehehe.