Expired Hot Deals

[Tenda Canada] Mossberg MMR Tactical Semi 16??? M-LOK 5.56 NATO/223 Rem rifle W/Vortex Strikefire Combo - $1099.99 w/ FS

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 15th, 2019 1:29 am
[OP]
Apr 26, 2010
281 posts
1215 upvotes
BC

Mossberg MMR Tactical Semi 16??? M-LOK 5.56 NATO/223 Rem rifle W/Vortex Strikefire Combo - $1099.99 w/ FS

Deal Link:
Price:
$1099.99
Retailer:
Tenda Canada
Decent deal with the Vortex Strikefire 2 optic and free shipping to your door.

Restricted rifle so RPAL required.

MOSSBERG MMR TACTICAL SEMI 16″ M-LOK 5.56 NATO/223 REM W/VORTEX STRIKEFIRE COMBO
Looking for the perfect multi-use, modern sporting rifle? Look no further. O.F. Mossberg & Sons has introduced a new MMR Carbine in 5.56mm NATO/223 Rem. Whether you’re in need of a rifle for hunting, competition, or just looking for a great carbine to enjoy on the range, the new Mossberg MMR offers accuracy and rugged reliability that you can depend on when it counts. Built on the AR-15 platform, the MMR Carbine features a free-floated barrel, Mossberg’s new 13-inch hand-guard with a full-length top rail that combines a comfortable, slim profile with the versatile Magpul® M-LOK® system to maximize flexibility in mounting rails, accessories and optics. The gun also features a Magpul MOE+® grip, a Magpul MOE polymer trigger guard and a 6-position adjustable. This rifle has standard features that include:

Direct-impingement gas system for reliable, smooth operation
Free-floating, button-rifled, carbon steel barrel with versatile 1:8 twist rate
Removable rail-mounted, adjustable target sights
Single stage trigger
25-inch barrel and A2-style muzzle brake
Black phosphate/anodized metal finishes for enhanced durability
FEATURES: New JM Pro Drop-In Match Trigger; direct-impingement gas system; free-floating 16” barrel for superior accuracy; 13” slim-profile forend with M-LOK®; removable A2 flash suppressor; Magpul® MOE+® grip/trigger guard; and 6-Position stock with interchangeable FLEX™ pad for length-of-pull flexibility.
Last edited by gw105 on Jan 12th, 2019 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title edit
33 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2008
1593 posts
214 upvotes
Winnipeg
How does this compare to a Smith and Wesson?
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
3539 posts
2202 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
How is the Vortex Strikefire 2 red dot? Thinking of getting one for when my modern Sporter arrives.
Current Fido customer.
Ex Koodo customer.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
28835 posts
14642 upvotes
Ottawa
bryan35 wrote:
Jan 13th, 2019 6:18 pm
How does this compare to a Smith and Wesson?
Seems this one is more versatile and competition ready.
Oct 29, 2011
120 posts
56 upvotes
Nice AR15!

If it’s the Restricted rifle, then it can’t be used for hunting...

//Whether you’re in need of a rifle for hunting, competition, or just looking for a great carbine to enjoy on the range, the new Mossberg MMR offers accuracy and rugged reliability that you can depend on when it counts. //
Jul 25, 2015
863 posts
704 upvotes
alahome wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 12:51 am
Nice AR15!

//Whether you’re in need of a rifle for hunting, competition, or just looking for a great carbine to enjoy on the range, the new Mossberg MMR offers accuracy and rugged reliability that you can depend on when it counts. //
Probably copied from the manufacturer.
[OP]
Apr 26, 2010
281 posts
1215 upvotes
BC
alahome wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 12:51 am
Nice AR15!

Actually if you have an RCMP Authorization to Transport to border crossings, an approved ATF form 5330.3D to import firearms to the US, and the appropriate hunting licenses for the state you're transporting to, this rifle is perfectly legal to hunt with.
Oct 5, 2016
27 posts
21 upvotes
Can someone who's more knowledgeable in AR pricing chime in here? I haven't been watching them but did think about building one once. At this price with a $250 optic and free shipping, it means you're getting the rifle for somewhere around $850. With a free floated barrel, aftermarket trigger, and m-lock hand guard, I don't think you could build one for cheaper. One review said it was priced at $1400 USD MSRP, and people say it goes for around 1200 USD. Cabelas has the optic-less rifle for $1,330 CAD so this looks like a steal. Am I wrong?

Review:

Edit to clarify and add video.
Oct 5, 2016
27 posts
21 upvotes
Tried to update the above post, but it doesn't appear to be working. Here's a video review:
Oct 17, 2010
660 posts
236 upvotes
Edmonton
thequinox wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 10:08 am
Can someone who's more knowledgeable in AR pricing chime in here? I haven't been watching them but did think about building one once. At this price with a $250 optic and free shipping, it means you're getting the rifle for somewhere around $850. With a free floated barrel, aftermarket trigger, and m-lock hand guard, I don't think you could build one for cheaper. One review said it was priced at $1400 USD MSRP without the optic, and people say it goes for around 900 to 1000 USD. Cabelas has the optic-less rifle for $1,330 CAD so this looks like a steal. Am I wrong?
I'd say this is a pretty decent deal given that you get the free float hand guard already installed along with a reasonable optic. I picked up a free float guard for my sport 2 and although I installed it myself I still had to buy the tools to do it.

If you're one who likes to tinker and DIY like I do, I'd opt for the smith or similarly priced option and add your own accs as you pick them up on the cheap. However if you're looking for a turn key rifle for the range, I'd say this is worth a look.
Oct 25, 2018
512 posts
547 upvotes
gw105 wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 1:12 am
Actually if you have an RCMP Authorization to Transport to border crossings, an approved ATF form 5330.3D to import firearms to the US, and the appropriate hunting licenses for the state you're transporting to, this rifle is perfectly legal to hunt with.
CRAZY how simple it is to legally have guns in Canada!

/s

If I had money and didn't want a divorce right away I would be grabbing this.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
28835 posts
14642 upvotes
Ottawa
MikeB84225 wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 11:09 am
CRAZY how simple it is to legally have guns in Canada!

/s

If I had money and didn't want a divorce right away I would be grabbing this.
You mean simple to buy one, once you get a licence?
Oct 25, 2018
512 posts
547 upvotes
vkizzle wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 11:23 am
That is already implied by saying "Legally having guns" since you have the gun legally, you would have a license.

Long rifles are easy to buy with a PAL but I would say restricted are difficult!
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
28835 posts
14642 upvotes
Ottawa
MikeB84225 wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 12:23 pm
That is already implied by saying "Legally having guns" since you have the gun legally, you would have a license.

Long rifles are easy to buy with a PAL but I would say restricted are difficult!
Lol, considering you can take a 3 day RPAL course, buying a restricted firearm isn't difficult either.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
24018 posts
9536 upvotes
vkizzle wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 11:23 am
Not OP, but I think they're meaning more like "Use" because an AR15 is an excellent hunting platform.

But because it's black and scary™️ it's restricted.