Entertainment

Terminator 6 to be produced by James Cameron, will have Linda Hamilton and Arnold Schwarzenegger returning

• Last Updated:
  • May 26th, 2019 5:17 am
[OP]
Penalty Box
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8496 upvotes
GTHA

Terminator 6 to be produced by James Cameron, will have Linda Hamilton and Arnold Schwarzenegger returning

jenviea wrote:
Jan 20th, 2016 5:35 pm
Sequel highly unlikely with Paramount eliminating its release date from its schedule

http://deadline.com/2016/01/terminator- ... 201687034/
tk1000 wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 10:33 pm
Hasta la vista, 'Terminator': No more sequels for Arnold Schwarzenegger franchise, source says

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainmen ... -1.3001440

Arnold Schwarzenegger has confirmed that a new film, produced by series creator James Cameron, is coming, and he’s going to be in it.

Schwarzenegger revealed to Screen Daily that he’d met with Cameron to discuss the project. “It is back,” Schwarzenegger said. “It is moving forward. He [Cameron] has some good ideas of how to continue with the franchise. I will be in the movie.”

Cameron, to whom the rights to the series will revert in 2019, was in talks with “Deadpool” director Tim Miller to do a “reboot and conclusion” of the franchise. The series creator has also said that he believes a new, relevant Terminator film is absolutely possible.

from http://www.cbr.com/arnold-schwarzenegge ... tor-movie/

Haz wrote:
Sep 20th, 2017 2:24 am
With James Cameron producing, Linda Hamilton and Arnold Schwarzenegger will be back!
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v ... se-1040948

Tim Miller of Deadpool be directing.
Last edited by tk1000 on May 21st, 2017 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
78 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2012
2211 posts
304 upvotes
In another world
Are they showing up a senile T100?
If they want to bring Arnold back, they should come up with a story like Rocky Balboa in Creed.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2007
4798 posts
961 upvotes
All garbage after T2.

Kind of like the Aliens franchise ...and Predator
Mark77 wrote:"All aspiring students should go into the financial services - engineering is, and always has been, a poor choice for our brightest minds ... and TodayHello is my Hero ..."
Hydropwnics wrote:"TodayHello is a certified hustler and original gangster."
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2006
3239 posts
339 upvotes
Kingston
TodayHello wrote:
May 22nd, 2017 8:57 pm
All garbage after T2.

Kind of like the Aliens franchise ...and Predator
James Cameron wasn't involved in anything after T2, so ya it was gonna suck. Now that Cameron is behind this, I have high expectations as Cameron is very picky of the projects he does and he puts his heart and soul into it so you know it will be good or should be anyways.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2006
3239 posts
339 upvotes
Kingston
sharpshooter88 wrote:
May 22nd, 2017 9:29 pm
I must the only one that liked Salvation...
Salvation was good, could of been better if Bale wasn't John Connor though.... It just seemed like he tried too hard in some parts of the movie...
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2003
10130 posts
477 upvotes
Moncton, NB
Hopefully this is a reboot and not yet another attempt in the same story line. At this point they've pretty much exhausted every avenue at saving John Connor. As to expectations, as I've said before, I'm in the small minority who felt that 2 was the worst with the emo 'I'm rebelling and don't listen to nobody' kid so this one can only be better- unless they decide for some reason to go with an even younger child and this ends up as Terminator : kindergarten Cop.
KitKat item collector- always looking for swag or branded items.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2007
4798 posts
961 upvotes
Just show us the war already. Go back to the originals where we'd get these flash backs to the terrible, terrible future with killing machines and lasers and humanity living like rats ... really set a pretty harsh tone for 1 and 2.

And you need someone like a Cameron, who envisioned all of this, at the helm so it doesn't turn into an "OMG your iPhone is going to turn into a killing machine!" nonsense.
Mark77 wrote:"All aspiring students should go into the financial services - engineering is, and always has been, a poor choice for our brightest minds ... and TodayHello is my Hero ..."
Hydropwnics wrote:"TodayHello is a certified hustler and original gangster."
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
6385 posts
1200 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
kcorscadden wrote:
May 22nd, 2017 9:21 pm
James Cameron wasn't involved in anything after T2, so ya it was gonna suck. Now that Cameron is behind this, I have high expectations as Cameron is very picky of the projects he does and he puts his heart and soul into it so you know it will be good or should be anyways.
I'm going to have to disagree on this. Cameron is producing, not directing.
I can't see how they would make this work, but T2 is one of my very favourite sci-fi/action films, so I'm still crossing my fingers.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
5171 posts
1426 upvotes
Aurora
T6: Resurrecting the First Pentium

I dunno. The title just popped into my mind. Means nothing.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2006
3239 posts
339 upvotes
Kingston
newt_101 wrote:
May 23rd, 2017 11:36 am
I'm going to have to disagree on this. Cameron is producing, not directing.
I can't see how they would make this work, but T2 is one of my very favourite sci-fi/action films, so I'm still crossing my fingers.
He's still involved though, so be rest assured he will have his voice heard if he's not happy with the end product. He doesn't put his name on stuff that isn't 100% to his liking. If he doesn't like it, he gets it changed.
Deal Expert
Sep 3, 2007
15992 posts
374 upvotes
I don't think all these sequels will ever top Judgment day.
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2010
1249 posts
431 upvotes
I think it should be a musical, La La Land for lovesick Terminators.
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
10802 posts
5625 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
These people are just milking it way too much, it's starting to dry out.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!