Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Tesla

Locked: 5000 dollars off existing Model Y and 3 + 10K Supercharging

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 23rd, 2022 9:37 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2013
1817 posts
2055 upvotes

5000 dollars off existing Model Y and 3 + 10K Supercharging

Savings:
Retailer:
Tesla
I’ve been watching these carefully , car prices in general. Let alone it’s interesting to see Tesla car prices where delivery of vehicles would take nearly a year , to up to a few months ago where they started to actually have exsisting inventory

To now where we have hit our first time seeing a discount on their vehicles

Credits go to seeing this on TikTok on my morning Duty. Some dude named Jeremy Judkins

There’s a Tesla mega thread on RFD that’s got lots of cool information , I used it as a source when I was buying my used S, going strong at over 250,000 KM on it

The MY is more so a slightly raised , bigger version of the M3

I would do a thorough inspection for any manufacturing defects , as they’ll fix it for you as long as you point it out during delivery

Teslas aren’t for everyone , electric isn’t either

( I got this coming from a zippy 6 speed manual VT, teslas are loads of fun)

IMO based on the used car market on similar years of this vehicle just buy new , you’ll get a newer car for arguably the same price , screw those guys trying to flip mini SAVs for 100k in the last year

https://www.tesla.com/en_ca/modely/design#overview

https://www.tesla.com/en_ca/model3
Images
  • AC974A3F-82F7-4DD7-8115-7E7ECD82065B.png
59 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2010
5713 posts
2392 upvotes
Abbottabad
Gonna get down voted to oblivion
Nov 8, 2005
226 posts
508 upvotes
Halifax
Seems like you can't even order a base model Model 3. Are they only building the top-end trim models at the moment?
Deal Addict
May 2, 2008
2870 posts
2236 upvotes
Mississauga
Need to cut down a tree big enough to put this under.
Vinh
If you're going to hate, Get off RFD!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2013
1817 posts
2055 upvotes
iamskyhigh wrote: Gonna get down voted to oblivion
Eh oh well , if this saves someone 5k still worth the flame Face With Tears Of Joy
Oct 2, 2019
965 posts
891 upvotes
Nunavut
Op price in title please
Dec 2, 2003
971 posts
136 upvotes
Toronto
iamskyhigh wrote: Gonna get down voted to oblivion
Is it not a good deal? $5K ans $10k seems pretty significant??
Deal Fanatic
Aug 17, 2008
8990 posts
10143 upvotes
The discount is to move some vehicles in inventory. That'll be the only way to get delivery before Dec 31. Similar promo in other countries. Better in the U.S. https://forums.redflagdeals.com/so-glad ... #p37047443
Jan 26, 2015
82 posts
123 upvotes
Milton
Do any of these qualify for the EV $5k from the government?
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2007
4315 posts
1966 upvotes
Quebec
Is there any way to charge it overnight if i stay in a bachelor basement studio apartment without garage?
Jan 25, 2020
186 posts
980 upvotes
It's easy to offer $5000 credit when there is no inventory anywhere.
Aug 8, 2015
156 posts
259 upvotes
Toronto, ON
EVs in general need to come down in price to be affordable ( and also to be posted in Hot deals lol) . I dont wanna sound judgemental, but see so many families nowadays driving the higher end Teslas, when I highly doubt their salary affords them that ( specially considering to the mortgage interest rates).
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2013
1817 posts
2055 upvotes
HyperTech wrote: Is there any way to charge it overnight if i stay in a bachelor basement studio apartment without garage?
There’s different levels of charging

Level 1 is your regular wall outlet , this is the slowest method and will get you maybe “2km” of ranger every hour

Level 2 would be using a 240 outlet I think you can pump out 40amps and do maybe “50 km” of range an hour

Level 3 are superchargers , which can be in as little as 10 mins to get from 20 to 80%.

It’s recommended you install a level 2 as in the winter time level 1 might not even charge enough in really cold weather as it does need to fight against cold degradation , ask your landlord and be reasonable as the electricity can go up. I do about a 125km commute a day, I only charge after 7pm and weekends when I’m home anyways , and my bill has gone up maybe 60-70 bucks a month
Images
  • 98EDED5D-4D74-4058-BD47-85E6F6294EC6.png
Last edited by bigmackKFT on Dec 23rd, 2022 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 15, 2017
155 posts
143 upvotes
1derfool wrote: EVs in general need to come down in price to be affordable ( and also to be posted in Hot deals lol) . I dont wanna sound judgemental, but see so many families nowadays driving the higher end Teslas, when I highly doubt their salary affords them that ( specially considering to the mortgage interest rates).
All for show and probably living on credit.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
27051 posts
11492 upvotes
Socially Distanced
bigmackKFT wrote: There’s different levels of charging

Level 1 is your regular wall outlet , this is the slowest method and will get you maybe “2km” of ranger every hour

Level 2 would be using a 240 outlet I think you can pump out 40amps and do maybe “50 km” of range an hour

Level 3 are superchargers , which can be in as little as 10 mins to get from 20 to 80%.

It’s recommended you install a level 2 as in the winter time level 1 might not even charge enough in really cold weather as it does need to fight against cold degradation , ask your landlord and be reasonable as the electricity can go up. I do about a 125km commute a day, I only charge after 7pm and weekends when I’m home anyways , and my bill has gone up maybe 60-70 bucks a month
I assume you use 200Wh/km or less so i would expect 6-8km/hr on Level 1. Your level 2 is about accurate and Level 3 is a bit optimistic, think closer to 30 mins for 20-80%.
Home charging is the most convenient, but some people have a local charger they visit once or twice a week for under an hour or there are destination chargers that can charge in about an hour at grocery stores, parking garages and so forth. I've run into several destination chargers in my travels and i don't even own an EV.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Jun 27, 2011
332 posts
464 upvotes
MONTRÉAL
Pretty good deal especially on a Model 3 RWD.
Hasn’t been this low since the price hikes over a year ago.
Depending on how much mileage one does, this car can be cheaper than a Accord over 5 years if above 15000km/year.

Edit: calculations based on fed and QC gov rebates.
Last edited by ChunkAhoy on Dec 23rd, 2022 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2017
2535 posts
3394 upvotes
West GTA
It is amazing how quickly the shine's started to come off this brand as the CEO of the company has optically turned from being a visionary tech genius that'll take humanity to Mars to a narcissistic douche. With the company benefiting hugely from his marketing appeal, it's now getting punished a bit as his marketing star descends.

Doesn't mean there won't be plenty of demand for the cars, but there's this subtle change slowly happening that switches from 'you're driving a Tesla! Cool!' to 'you're driving a Tesla?... oh, cool i guess'.
Nov 30, 2018
613 posts
645 upvotes
Toronto, ON
People who frequent RFD don't buy Teslas. $5000 off a Toyota Corolla (the official RFD car) would be interesting.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2013
1817 posts
2055 upvotes
Quentin5 wrote:
I assume you use 200Wh/km or less so i would expect 6-8km/hr on Level 1. Your level 2 is about accurate and Level 3 is a bit optimistic, think closer to 30 mins for 20-80%.
Home charging is the most convenient, but some people have a local charger they visit once or twice a week for under an hour or there are destination chargers that can charge in about an hour at grocery stores, parking garages and so forth. I've run into several destination chargers in my travels and i don't even own an EV.

I’ll get 30 mins from 20 to 80 on my S right now and that caps out at 150Kw, the newer ones have 250kw charging, but you are right that was me overshooting it
Mar 3, 2017
97 posts
59 upvotes
Not sure why the downvotes. $5000 is significant if you were already planning on buying an EV. Tesla is better positioned for these price adjustments than any other automaker.

You could argue they have gone up $10k-$20k past two years because demand has been sky high and the price will continue to drop as demand drops. Interest rates have skyrocketed, 2 new factories have opened this year, Chinese demand is down, & US customers have been putting off buying due to $7500 rebate in Jan 2023. Pre 2020 Tesla would frequently offer these end of quarter deals to push more cars out the door. When I bought they offered 2 free upgrades (color, interior, or rims).

Tesla could drop the price 30% and still make more profit per vehicle than Toyota. It will be interesting to see if Tesla continues price cuts what that will do to the competition as they don't nearly have the same profit margins and dealerships added $20k to MSRP.

For me, I have 2019 Model 3 LR and have been wanting to upgrade to MY LR to help with a growing family. Absolutely love the car to this day but $5k discount probably not enough to sway into an already pricier Model Y.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)