Automotive

Tesla Model 3 with '93' miles of range to be eligible for Federal 5k Incentive

  • Last Updated:
  • Apr 11th, 2021 7:18 am
[OP]
Jr. Member
Aug 19, 2019
177 posts
245 upvotes

Tesla Model 3 with '93' miles of range to be eligible for Federal 5k Incentive

Just wanted to get a conversation started. Would one be able to buy this and then post purchase deal with Tesla to make it full range at a cost which would be the same as the original price of a regular range with Federal Incentive already been taken advantage off?

Main Article:
https://electrek.co/2021/04/09/tesla-st ... te-canada/

Tesla Link:
https://www.tesla.com/en_ca/model3/design#overview
31 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2018
2173 posts
2187 upvotes
GTA
Appears the starter price is set below $45K to qualify all the higher range models for the $5K Federal incentive as well. Realistically few starter range models will be sold.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Feb 15, 2005
6076 posts
1572 upvotes
It's always been there since the $5k rebate started. I think 3 RFDers actually own one.
⬆⬆⬇⬇⬅➡⬅➡BA

「上上下下左右左右BA」
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2012
1573 posts
625 upvotes
TBD
The ultimate version of trying to ball on a budget.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35742 posts
21839 upvotes
Center of Universe
So you want to commit fraud?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 12, 2007
5858 posts
3417 upvotes
Ottawa
vkizzle wrote: So you want to commit fraud?
Is there a rule that you cannot modify the car after purchase?

Serious question.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
6406 posts
2591 upvotes
Ottawa
As has been mentioned, this has been available since Fed rebate was introduced. Based on what I've read, Tesla has said that it's not possible to pay to unlock the full range so if you buy the 151 km version, that's what you get forever. I believe this version is also less equipped than the SR+ version.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
27481 posts
3970 upvotes
Montreal
Why would you buy that POS when Hyundai is practically giving away Ioniq's with 275km of range.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 2, 2001
4690 posts
2091 upvotes
GTA
mr_raider wrote: Why would you buy that POS when Hyundai is practically giving away Ioniq's with 275km of range.
Because the tesla is like the iphone of cars.
.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
27481 posts
3970 upvotes
Montreal
shabby wrote: Because the tesla is like the iphone of cars.
Better carry that charging cable with you.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 2, 2001
4690 posts
2091 upvotes
GTA
mr_raider wrote: Better carry that charging cable with you.
Lol in this case that can't be further from the truth.
.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2015
1702 posts
2091 upvotes
Barrie, ON
We need more Tesla threads FFS.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35742 posts
21839 upvotes
Center of Universe
CaptSmethwick wrote: Is there a rule that you cannot modify the car after purchase?

Serious question.
There's no such rule, but I wouldn't consider this scheme a modification.
Sr. Member
Aug 21, 2010
945 posts
369 upvotes
toronto
clicked the link
https://www.tesla.com/en_ca/model3/design#overview
showing 423 range...has the range gone higher for the 2021
bought mine last march...and it was lower range than that

but for the 1st link 151 km range..yikes...would be manageable if had summer waether all year long...but winter time..range almost half gone
i have family in guelph and from i visiting them from mississuga in the winter...i always watched my range, so no way i could drive to mississauga to guelph in the winter with that 151 km range
User11223344 wrote: Just wanted to get a conversation started. Would one be able to buy this and then post purchase deal with Tesla to make it full range at a cost which would be the same as the original price of a regular range with Federal Incentive already been taken advantage off?

Main Article:
https://electrek.co/2021/04/09/tesla-st ... te-canada/

Tesla Link:
https://www.tesla.com/en_ca/model3/design#overview
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 14, 2007
3814 posts
970 upvotes
GTA
kevdanga wrote: The ultimate version of trying to ball on a budget.
You think "baller" when you see a model 3/Y? I certainly don't.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jan 27, 2004
46359 posts
9373 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
Just a grocery getter. Tiny commute vehicle. Someone who never leaves the city.

That would be me. 99% of my driving is like that. Even if range was slashed in half during winter, i could make it work.

The 1% is the maybe 3 out of town road trips i make per year.

And lol... back up charger. Its now a ghetto hybrid

Image
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
16705 posts
15130 upvotes
Richmond Hill
The_Professor wrote: You think "baller" when you see a model 3/Y? I certainly don't.
When I see Hyundai's I do!
Sr. Member
Feb 14, 2010
608 posts
504 upvotes
Toronto
Why are we going backwards in terms of range per dollar? I'm expecting >10km range/$1000

Late April fools joke?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 23, 2003
8103 posts
1642 upvotes
thelastword wrote: Why are we going backwards in terms of range per dollar? I'm expecting >10km range/$1000

Late April fools joke?
its got to do with federal incentives some some sort of magical accounting . You're not supposed to buy it.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)