Automotive

Tesla Model 3 well below market price, likely scam?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2021 9:25 am
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
19655 posts
7200 upvotes
Socially Distanced

Tesla Model 3 well below market price, likely scam?

Here is the autotrader link:
https://www.autotrader.ca/a/Tesla/Model ... 8_11746018

and who is selling it

https://canadasalesinc.ca/car/tesla-model-3-2019-4/

They seem to sell many Teslas as well as other equipment.
Thoughts?
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburders eat people
86 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2007
1260 posts
248 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Definitely false advertisement with the Performance AWD title. Still dirt cheap even if it is a regular SR (non-plus).

Sketchy to me.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
19655 posts
7200 upvotes
Socially Distanced
VertigoM wrote: In short, yes.
In long form?
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2009
1742 posts
1161 upvotes
Toronto
Quentin5 wrote: In long form?

It's either some kind of scam, hidden fees galore, or car is potentially a salvage recovery. Point is, if you see a car "well below market value" be VERY wary. No one selling used cars is in it for charity.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
19655 posts
7200 upvotes
Socially Distanced
VertigoM wrote: It's either some kind of scam, hidden fees galore, or car is potentially a salvage recovery. Point is, if you see a car "well below market value" be VERY wary.
Would this be mitigated with a Carfax report and a solid contract (plus seeing the vehicle in person)?
No one selling used cars is in it for charity.
Of course, hence this thread, wondering if anyone knows of this company.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
28723 posts
9172 upvotes
Place don't look like no car dealership to me:

https://www.google.com/maps/@49.9023331 ... 312!8i6656

Also listed for lease (though it seems there is more than one unit at what is basically just a warehouse):
https://www.winnipegcommercialrealtors. ... MB-R3B-0G4

This is the other side:
https://www.google.com/maps/@49.9030099 ... 312!8i6656

No way they are selling cars out of there :lol:

Always remember the rule: If you have to ask, "Is this a scam?" It probably is.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
19655 posts
7200 upvotes
Socially Distanced
ES_Revenge wrote: Place don't look like no car dealership to me:

https://www.google.com/maps/@49.9023331 ... 312!8i6656

Also listed for lease (though it seems there is more than one unit at what is basically just a warehouse):
https://www.winnipegcommercialrealtors. ... MB-R3B-0G4

This is the other side:
https://www.google.com/maps/@49.9030099 ... 312!8i6656

No way they are selling cars out of there :lol:
Given the photo it could be taken inside there. Though that does not prove it actually was.
Always remember the rule: If you have to ask, "Is this a scam?" It probably is.
But you forgot to mention part two, post about it on RFD Winking Face
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
15907 posts
13744 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Quick someone go buy one and let us know. I see a few cars there I'm interested in LOL
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2015
1282 posts
1536 upvotes
Barrie, ON
Seems too good to be true. Let us know :)
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2009
1742 posts
1161 upvotes
Toronto
Quentin5 wrote: Would this be mitigated with a Carfax report and a solid contract (plus seeing the vehicle in person)?

Of course, hence this thread, wondering if anyone knows of this company.
Carfax isn't 100%.

If not charity, ask yourself why would they list so much below market value?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
6653 posts
6448 upvotes
Richmond Hill
If it seems too good to be true, it probably ... is a price error, and you should buy now and think later
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2015
1282 posts
1536 upvotes
Barrie, ON
Hurry up and buy and tell us about the experience. Thread of 2021.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
19655 posts
7200 upvotes
Socially Distanced
VertigoM wrote: ask yourself why would they list so much below market value?
I'm asking RFD instead
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2015
1282 posts
1536 upvotes
Barrie, ON
Do banks care about market value though when it comes to repo?
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
28723 posts
9172 upvotes
Quentin5 wrote: Given the photo it could be taken inside there. Though that does not prove it actually was.
You're in the "rationalise" or "give benefit of doubt" stage of getting scammed lol. Trying to reason that these pictures could arguably be taken in this warehouse. Could they? Sure, but how many places you know that sell cars operate out of a location like that?

There's no easy way to get a car up a tractor trailer dock, and that seems to be the only way into that place that would fit a car. To get a car up into there would require one to devise a ramp of some sort to get in. It would have to be a very long/shallow ramp for some of the cars they have there (e.g. Porsches) to get in/out there reliably without destroying their bumpers. Highly unlikely. It's possible the cars are transported by EVT trucks like Thorson's trucks and therefore possibly offloadable onto a dock like that, but this would never be ideal for a business to run like that--again think of how many other places selling used cars (and there's thousands of them) operate like that.

Maybe with that forklift they got there, lol, but even then do you want some yahoo just randomly lifting up your car on a fork many times before you buy it? I mean sure that's kosher for wrecked cars out of Copart, etc. but this isn't that.

As for your next part of rationalisation, here I'll give that to you too... "Maybe the pictures were taken at another location." Again maybe they were but how many leaps in logic do you need to give here to make sense of what is more simply explained by things like "KISS" and Occam's Razor, as simply being a scam?
aeba7 wrote: If it seems too good to be true, it probably ... is a price error, and you should buy now and think later
Yeah only this isn't like buying a price-error power tool at HD or some computer peripheral off Amazon, or bluetooth speaker off Best Lie. It's a car, if it's a price error they're just going to say it's an error and not sell you the car! But I figure your post was just sarcasm anyway :P
mxthor3 wrote: Do banks care about market value though when it comes to repo?
If you're suggesting these may be sales from repos, typically speaking those cars are nothing like these and the "deals" on those typically aren't good. There are some car repo resale websites out there--go take a look at the condition and prices (neither is good) on those. Very doubtful this business is doing stuff like reconditioning repos for sale, and having amazing deals as a result. Again let's think about what the simplest explanation would be.

Now anyone here is free to investigate further perhaps there is something legitimate going on here. But me, I'm definitely not wasting my time!
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
19655 posts
7200 upvotes
Socially Distanced
ES_Revenge wrote: You're in the "rationalise" or "give benefit of doubt" stage of getting scammed lol. Trying to reason that these pictures could arguably be taken in this warehouse. Could they? Sure, but how many places you know that sell cars operate out of a location like that?
I can guarantee i am not buying this vehicle.
What i am saying is that the photo was taken indoors and that building is big enough.
If it was a single family home then no, no car is photographed in there.

I have seen about a half dozen ads from this company, hence was curious if anyone had heard of it. All taken from a similar looking indoor location.
The way i look at it is not matter whether its a repo or something else they would sell at market rate because what business gives away money?
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
18735 posts
6773 upvotes
Toronto
Ferrari 458 Italia '2011 for $80K. Ok sureeeee. 100% scam company.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
15907 posts
13744 upvotes
Richmond Hill
carmaster wrote: Ferrari 458 Italia '2011 for $80K. Ok sureeeee. 100% scam company.
Only one way to find out!!!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
5378 posts
2915 upvotes
Toronto
Post this on hot deals, someone with huge disposable income will probably buy now think later and post their experience. Then we will know if it's scam or not.