Automotive

Tesla Ownership Experience (Car Talk ONLY)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 10:41 pm
Deal Addict
May 3, 2005
2684 posts
1403 upvotes
Woodbridge
anotherbargainhunter wrote: Did anyone ever get a response from onlineorders@tesla.com? I sent email yesterday and I have not heard back from anyone until now. I got shipping notification for a cable organizer but no tracking number. Elon needs to restructure their customer service culture. I am getting frustrated.
I never received any word from them even after sending a few emails to them. That has been the only downside to Tesla for me so far. They could do better with their customer support system...some is good but other areas are really poor. Like, how challenging would it be to create a portal to view your orders and their status?
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
4237 posts
1821 upvotes
, ON
lobo wrote: I never received any word from them even after sending a few emails to them. That has been the only downside to Tesla for me so far. They could do better with their customer support system...some is good but other areas are really poor. Like, how challenging would it be to create a portal to view your orders and their status?
right? Seriously! For a company who builds rockets, how hard it is to build decent website? Makes you wonder...
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
4237 posts
1821 upvotes
, ON
since ON is going to scrap front license plate, is it possible to ask Tesla to not install front license plate? does it come predrilled already?
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2005
1488 posts
636 upvotes
anotherbargainhunter wrote: right? Seriously! For a company who builds rockets, how hard it is to build decent website? Makes you wonder...
To be fair they are different companies.
anotherbargainhunter wrote: since ON is going to scrap front license plate, is it possible to ask Tesla to not install front license plate? does it come predrilled already?
It doesn't come preinstalled. Bracket is held on by double-sided tape and will be put on during delivery. Ask them not to install it.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 24, 2013
6479 posts
3344 upvotes
Kingston, ON
anotherbargainhunter wrote: since ON is going to scrap front license plate, is it possible to ask Tesla to not install front license plate? does it come predrilled already?
While it likely will happen eventually, there’s been no news since the April disclosure that they’re looking into scrapping front plates. There’s no formal announcement or timeline, unlike New Brunswick.
Aug 1, 2011
50 posts
40 upvotes
Burlington, ON
You'll have to sign a waiver saying you won't hold them responsible if you get a ticket. That is what I did since the plate has to come off if you're wrapping your bumper. And removing the tape once means it won't stick as well the second time. Instead I just scanned the plate, printed it in high quality, covered it in clear duct tape, and used a small border of tape to hold it into the bumper. I keep the real plate in the frunk but don't anticipate any issues. Hopefully I get my car wrapped in the next 2 weeks and then I'll put the real thing on.
Deal Addict
May 3, 2005
2684 posts
1403 upvotes
Woodbridge
LoL and I just got an email response from onlineorders apologizing for the late response and that my adapter was delivered this afternoon.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 22, 2007
6929 posts
3559 upvotes
Caledon
lobo wrote: LoL and I just got an email response from onlineorders apologizing for the late response and that my adapter was delivered this afternoon.
lol that guilty feeling ...

But yea agree with all

1. Delivery Can be better ( Even though in my case i had the best experience )
2. Online portal to track orders
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
4237 posts
1821 upvotes
, ON
tevans wrote: You'll have to sign a waiver saying you won't hold them responsible if you get a ticket. That is what I did since the plate has to come off if you're wrapping your bumper. And removing the tape once means it won't stick as well the second time. Instead I just scanned the plate, printed it in high quality, covered it in clear duct tape, and used a small border of tape to hold it into the bumper. I keep the real plate in the frunk but don't anticipate any issues. Hopefully I get my car wrapped in the next 2 weeks and then I'll put the real thing on.
I see may cars leave their front plate on their dashboard facing out. Is this legal? How they keep it on dashboard without sliding around?
Aug 1, 2011
50 posts
40 upvotes
Burlington, ON
anotherbargainhunter wrote: I see may cars leave their front plate on their dashboard facing out. Is this legal? How they keep it on dashboard without sliding around?
Haha, that is exactly what happened to me. I had it resting on my dash but after seeing it fly to the back seat a handful of times on the first day I decided to do the scan/print thing. Plus I figured a printed copy, that was to scale, stuck to my front bumper would be less likely to get unwanted police attention.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2007
14883 posts
4842 upvotes
Nanaimo, BC
anotherbargainhunter wrote: I see may cars leave their front plate on their dashboard facing out. Is this legal? How they keep it on dashboard without sliding around?
I got a ticket once for displaying my license plate in my window. The Motor Vehicle Act specified that the license plate had to be securely affixed to the outside of the vehicle.

You might want to review the MVA in your province to see whether a similar provision would apply to you.
Global warming will be exceeded during the 21st century unless deep reductions in carbon dioxide (CO2) and other greenhouse gas emissions occur (United Nations IPCC Report 2021)

Every disaster film starts with scientists being ignored
Jan 20, 2012
89 posts
104 upvotes
Barrie
Gazoo11 wrote: My Tesla Model 3 SR+ Delivery Experience

Unfortunately I do not have my new Tesla I was suppose to pick up yesterday in Oakville.

When I received the call to confirm delivery date from Ed Galvez from Tesla 2 Bloor Street location to confirm delivery I specifically asked will the car be inspected for paint issues and general inspection before I get there. He advised me that yes it has been preinspected and ready to go.

Well the day finally came for me to finally get my Tesla. Drove down from Barrie, picked up a buddy and drove to the Tesla Oakville Location.

Service advisor pulls me over to sign all the papers and pay the outstanding balance on the car prior to even seeing the car? I thought this was very strange but no problem let get it done so I can go out and see my car. I asked the advisor David about the paint issue on the Tesla’s and was told” we are building 5000 cars a week and our quality control has never been better”. When I was signing everything my wife and buddy were checking out the car.

We walked out to the car and noticed a few things on the exterior like line in paint (which was buffed out later) but not paying much attention to detail yet as I wanted to get into it. As I was in the car the Salesman informed me that he will have to leave because he has another appointment. I just sat there and was astonished that he was rushing me or that is how I felt after David saying this.

After I got back out I walked around the car as I was not hurrying at looking at the seams, seals, scratches and paint defects. I walked around to the drivers side
And to my amazement on the front passenger door at the bottom was two pieces of tape stuck to the car in the car’s paint colour! I question these and David pulled one piece off and it left a mark as a couple of layers came with the tape. When I went to pull the other piece he said not to?

Advisor Cameron came out and we were talking and I was told that they can mark it down and I will be called to come in for a repair? A brand new car needing body work? Cameron and David then said they will take it in to the shop and see what they can do. 20-30 minutes later the car came out and I was advised that they fixed it. We went and looked at the car and noticed right away that where the tape was now the paint has a indentation like it was missing layers of paint. I was so disappointed and could not understand both advisors telling me it was fixed? Was this why it was available without me having to order as the previous person also refused the vehicle and it was then offered to me? Who knows.

I was thinking at this point no wonder I was being rushed as they just wanted me to leave without hopefully noticing this issue. It all made sense now.

Since it would have to go in the shop to be repaired it did not sit well with me as I do not want body work done to my brand new car that I have not even taken off the lot. I advised David & Cameron this. David sorta of disappeared at this point and Cameron dealt with us and was very good at dealing with this issue. He advised me first thing Monday morning he will be looking for a replacement for me ASAP. However, he did indicate to me that because it is the blue with the white interior it might be difficult to do so. I get it and have no issues especially someone who is trying to help rectify this issue.

The biggest disappointment is HOW this car left the factory with this obvious issue (painted over tape) and passed Tesla’s quality control and then get to the dealership in Oakville and past a pre delivery inspection without anyone seeing it. I wish I took pictures but it was very noticeable. Very poor quality control.

I not only asked Edward regarding the inspection upon confirming delivery date and was advised it will be inspected prior to me picking it up. Then I asked the David the same question at the dealership before seeing the car regarding paint issues and quality control and again advised they are all pre delivery inspected and “we are making 5000 vehicles a week and our quality control has never been better”. So I feel I was basically lied to by numerous Tesla employees and instead of thinking I am dealing with higher end car company that they are the same as all others. They don’t care and just want to push customers into cars. I know this is harsh but there is no way that this tape\paint issue should have ever left the factory never mind past the pre inspection delivery check.

Cameron did advise me that when he gets in Monday morning he will try and find me a vehicle and hopefully I will get it ASAP. Cameron did come across as sincere and I hope he does come through for me. Let’s hope for the best but I am not holding my breath and maybe the Tesla dream car was not meant to be as this might be a sign. Don’t know?

Saying this I now wasted a day driving to tesla and have to cancel my insurance that I arranged on the Tesla. Cancel my tint appointment that was scheduled for Monday, cannot sell my present car not knowing time frame of getting a new one. Not sure if bank draft will have to be destroyed and replaced as I live in Barrie and my bank is in Toronto. Not being able to be petrol free as I still have fill my vehicle with gas:(. Concerned if\when I get a new one am I going to have a similar experience.

It should not be this difficult to purchase a new car and unfortunately I seen the Tesla brand as the Apple of Cars in service and reputation. Unfortunately this has changed.

Let’s hope for a better outcome.
Update

Been dealing with Cameron at the Oakville service centre and have gone from being a little apprehensive about Tesla to now their biggest advocate. Cameron did not only personally take ownership of our issue he went above and beyond what is considered exceptional customer service to ensure that we were satisfied in every faucet of our experience going forward. Wether he agreed or disagreed with our dealings with one another he remain professional and showed general concern to make it right. I upgraded to the long range RWD Model 3 as Cameron made exceptional sense in buying the LR One.
I pick up my car on Saturday and have no doubt that it will be ready to go with no issues as Cameron has stated he will personally inspect the car to ensure.

Tesla I Hope you know what a valuable representative to your brand that Cameron is and his drive to ensure Tesla’s customers satisfaction to the 10th degree. He handled all communication with kindness and concern and always followed up as he said he would to the point one time being 1 1/2 hours after the centre closed. I know this all sounds like a bromance, however I have been in customer service for over 25 years and when you come across exceptional customer service employee like Cameron they stand out as there are way too many just going through the motions and don’t care at all.

Thank you Cameron for everything you did for us and will update after Saturday once we pick up our car. Can’t wait.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2002
3543 posts
2128 upvotes
Gazoo11 wrote: Update

Been dealing with Cameron at the Oakville service centre and have gone from being a little apprehensive about Tesla to now their biggest advocate. Cameron did not only personally take ownership of our issue he went above and beyond what is considered exceptional customer service to ensure that we were satisfied in every faucet of our experience going forward. Wether he agreed or disagreed with our dealings with one another he remain professional and showed general concern to make it right. I upgraded to the long range RWD Model 3 as Cameron made exceptional sense in buying the LR One.
I pick up my car on Saturday and have no doubt that it will be ready to go with no issues as Cameron has stated he will personally inspect the car to ensure.

Tesla I Hope you know what a valuable representative to your brand that Cameron is and his drive to ensure Tesla’s customers satisfaction to the 10th degree. He handled all communication with kindness and concern and always followed up as he said he would to the point one time being 1 1/2 hours after the centre closed. I know this all sounds like a bromance, however I have been in customer service for over 25 years and when you come across exceptional customer service employee like Cameron they stand out as there are way too many just going through the motions and don’t care at all.

Thank you Cameron for everything you did for us and will update after Saturday once we pick up our car. Can’t wait.
So you don't mind not getting the $5000 Fed rebate and paying more. Good on Tesla. Up-sell opportunistic in the worst of situations.
RFD Admins All Drive Teslas. You should Too!
Jan 20, 2012
89 posts
104 upvotes
Barrie
A very positive dealing and it was my decision to upgrade not Tesla (Cameron) as I would allow no one to up-sell if I did not want to. No hard sell or anything. 100% my choice and very happy I made it.
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2007
2487 posts
2403 upvotes
Vancouver
Good story. Welcome to the LR RWD family. Smiling Face With Open Mouth

Nice to see effort like this. I'm guessing this end of June rush will be among the most intense yet from Tesla's delivery team. It doesn't surprise me that people dealing with online accessory orders, etc. are waiting longer than normal. Probably all hands on deck to deliver cars.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 22, 2007
6929 posts
3559 upvotes
Caledon
WarrenC12 wrote: Good story. Welcome to the LR RWD family. Smiling Face With Open Mouth

Nice to see effort like this. I'm guessing this end of June rush will be among the most intense yet from Tesla's delivery team. It doesn't surprise me that people dealing with online accessory orders, etc. are waiting longer than normal. Probably all hands on deck to deliver cars.
Also LR RWD is a collectible item now as Tesla stopped producing them since last week i think .. ( cant even order in person or over phone line )
Last edited by Mayoo on Jun 20th, 2019 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 21, 2004
11413 posts
7187 upvotes
Calgary
Mayoo wrote: Also LR RWD is a collectible item now as Tesla stopped producing them since last week i think .. ( cant order in person or over phone line )
2nd time it has been discontinued, within one year. Hopefully it will come back as it is best bang for the buck in terms of long range EV.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
4237 posts
1821 upvotes
, ON
Mayoo wrote: Just dropped the car off ..

yes doing PPF and they convinced me to tint the rear windshield as well.

I am doing 35% all around as my wife is not comfortable with 20%

They have included Rocker panels as well for PPF

XPEL Ultimate PLUS Paint Protection Film
Application on select areas listed below:
- Full Front Bumper
- Full Fender Coverage
- Full Hood Coverage
- Full Mirrors
- Headlight & Fog light Pair
- Luggage Strip
- Door Handles
- Rocker Panels
Did anyone tint your rear windshield fully or just bottom only? I saw video on YouTube and you can see the line break if you only do bottom only. But if you do the whole thing, the roof might ends up being too dark.
Aug 30, 2018
241 posts
174 upvotes
anotherbargainhunter wrote:
Did anyone tint your rear windshield fully or just bottom only? I saw video on YouTube and you can see the line break if you only do bottom only. But if you do the whole thing, the roof might ends up being too dark.
Tinted the bottom portion only.
There is a “line” where the coverage kind of overlaps between stock tinted glass fading out into the aftermarket tint. You see it when the tint is first installed. Then never really notice it again or care about it. Only noticeable from the inside when looking backwards and looking for it. No one else notices it.

Something you should consider more is that the rear view mirror auto tints, so at night it is difficult to see anything other than headlights in your rear view. The camera is a huge help for this in drive ways and parking lots. When driving, it doesn’t really matter as most cars have headlights and you are moving forward. Side mirrors unaffected.

I opted for the tint to reduce the UV damage to the occupants and the interior long term. Wouldn’t change my decision. Tinting the already tinted top is a waste of money to me.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
4237 posts
1821 upvotes
, ON
so my car is scheduled for tomorrow delivery. One week earlier than the original date.

Other than the checklist, are there anything else I need to look for or ask? I know that I should go through my checklist first before signing my document.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)