Automotive

Tesla Model Y single motor pre-order. Eligible for the quebec $8000 incentive.

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 16th, 2021 11:28 am
[OP]
Sep 8, 2010
545 posts
671 upvotes
Ottawa

Tesla Model Y single motor pre-order. Eligible for the quebec $8000 incentive.

The pre-order for the Model Y single motor went up last night. If you live in Québec, you will be eligible for the $8000 incentive. (Eligible for the BC incentive as well).
I decided to post in hot deals since I believe the demand for this will be high.
Interesting things to note :
  • Full premium interior, unlike the TM3 SR+ which had a partial premium interior. You get the nicer sound system and less stuff software deactivated.
  • 7 seater option is available for order.
  • Delivery date in 2 to 5 weeks
edit : I recommend to use an affiliate link when ordering to get 1500km of supercharger free. MOD EDIT - NO REFERRAL REQUESTS ON THIS SITE
Last edited by ovni121 on Jan 8th, 2021 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thread Summary
If anyone want to know more, there is a dedicated thread discussing the ownership experience of Tesla vehicles: tesla-ownership-experience-car-talk-only-1773493/

Tesla Supercharger map: https://www.tesla.com/en_ca/findus?boun ... percharger
979 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2004
7876 posts
1313 upvotes
Does Elon throw in a flamethrower with every purchase?
STEAM-XBL-PSN: CFRTim
Aug 2, 2007
409 posts
228 upvotes
Coquitlam
looks ugly and bland. (in b4 stonk owners say otherwise)
Apr 26, 2020
46 posts
59 upvotes
Ehhh. NO TC incentives and no provincial incentive for Manitoban. Downvoted.
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
12716 posts
21940 upvotes
Rear wheel drive , wondering how these fare in winter ? Am guessing having battery weight distribution very low and centered can’t be that bad ?
Jun 27, 2011
299 posts
391 upvotes
MONTRÉAL
I know a couple people who have been waiting for that. Thx op. 👍🏻
Last edited by ChunkAhoy on Jan 8th, 2021 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Sep 8, 2010
545 posts
671 upvotes
Ottawa
kronos288 wrote: This vs rav4 prime or Mach e?
I had preorders for Rav4 prime for about a year now and still waiting in a queue.
I decided to order the Model Y this morning.
There's too much issue with the prime at the moment. It could be a good vehicle after Toyota fix their battery and connectivity issue.
[OP]
Sep 8, 2010
545 posts
671 upvotes
Ottawa
stephroll wrote: Rear wheel drive , wondering how these fare in winter ? Am guessing having battery weight distribution very low and centered can’t be that bad ?
If it's like the Model 3 RWD, there was no issue at all when I test drove it after a snowstorm. The low center of gravity and weight helps a lot.
Last edited by ovni121 on Jan 8th, 2021 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 28, 2004
180 posts
68 upvotes
Vancouver
The slightly shorter range over the model 3 SR+ is a shame but for most people I’m sure it’s plenty. I did consider it, but for now I’m happy with my model 3.
Sep 14, 2018
118 posts
77 upvotes
I have a rwd model s..... No issues at all in winter with snow tires.... Traction control on the electric motor is amazing, very low weight, and close to 50/50 front/back weight.
Jan 25, 2007
344 posts
158 upvotes
Whitby
My Dad's Model 3 RWD is fantastic in the snow with snow tires. Snow tires make all the difference for any vehicle IMO.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
3229 posts
3031 upvotes
I drive a model 3 rwd. There are no major issues in Ontario in the snow but I definitely am more careful simply because the car has too much instant torque. If the roads are too snowy/slippery, I have to drive in the “chill” mode instead of the normal mode to slow the car down. Otherwise you can get stuck easier. In Quebec with more snow I would get an AWD. It’s a good deal though OP.

edit: typo corrected
Last edited by pongster on Jan 8th, 2021 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2007
1009 posts
195 upvotes
Montreal
Did Many Owners buy Full Self-Driving Capability package?
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2006
3102 posts
1843 upvotes
Pothole city

I own one. This is far from luxury. Tons of tech, yes. Luxury not so much in the Model 3 or Y.
You have a lot more luxury in a Hyundai.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
2726 posts
1941 upvotes
kronos288 wrote: This vs rav4 prime or Mach e?
Comparison with the Prime is pointless imho. The Prime is is the real SUV with decent electric range in the market unfortunately.

That said, I hate my RAV4 Prime coz the remote climate control doesn’t work below -10. Really stupid Engineering from Toyota.
iamalittlepepper wrote: Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote: you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2006
3102 posts
1843 upvotes
Pothole city
yym789 wrote: Did Many Owners buy Full Self-Driving Capability package?
10K plus tax to be a beta tester? The standard autopilot is free and does 80% of what the 10K options does.
Dec 12, 2011
322 posts
166 upvotes
NEPEAN
kyeqqw wrote: Ehhh. NO TC incentives and no provincial incentive for Manitoban. Downvoted.
What? Why? What does it have to do with OP? Hot deals do not have to be necessarily hot deals all over Canada!!!!
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2011
4925 posts
3309 upvotes
Toronto and London
typer100 wrote: I own one. This is far from luxury. Tons of tech, yes. Luxury not so much in the Model 3 or Y.
You have a lot more luxury in a Hyundai.
Tech wise sure as Hyundai got almost everyone beat.

Luxury can vary in meaning from person to person though.