Automotive

Test drive Nissan Leaf sv 2014 - What to look for?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 5th, 2018 8:07 am
[OP]
Apr 17, 2008
49 posts
21 upvotes

Test drive Nissan Leaf sv 2014 - What to look for?

I'll be test driving a Nissan Leaf 2014 Sv soon. It's a lease ending that I'll be buying from the dealer.

It has 86k km, all services and recall done, carproof returned clean. I will probably pay for a mechanic inspection too, just to be sure.

What should I be looking for when I do the test drives? Any input is welcome.

Thanks
5 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2006
1891 posts
638 upvotes
GTA
Griim wrote: I'll be test driving a Nissan Leaf 2014 Sv soon. It's a lease ending that I'll be buying from the dealer.

It has 86k km, all services and recall done, carproof returned clean. I will probably pay for a mechanic inspection too, just to be sure.

Thanks
I don't have much to add, but pointing the fellow rfd member to a thread about 2018 when they are asking about 2014 probably not so much. There are a fee posts about prior leafs in the 2018.

I would think battery deterioration is a major issue, make sure it has decent capacity when fully charged. Find a leaf forum and see what other users think, that's what I would do.
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2009
3695 posts
2514 upvotes
GTA
Griim wrote: I'll be test driving a Nissan Leaf.

Thanks
Look around for better looking cars. You will be surprised how many are around. Also when you stop for red light, sometimes you can see reflection of your car in store’s window. Just don’t leave that Leaf in the middle of the intersection. Pull to the side and run away.
Jan 19, 2010
306 posts
148 upvotes
Toronto
Griim wrote: I will probably pay for a mechanic inspection too, just to be sure.
Probably not worth the money, as the only thing the mechanics will give you any valuable feedback on is brakes.

You're better off buying LeafSpy Pro and a bluetooth dongle for it. Pull down the stats, the key thing to determine is what shape the battery is in. LeafSpy will give you GIDS and SOH (State of Health) represented as a %. So if the SOH is 80%, that means the battery has 80% of its original capacity left. It also gives you all other kinds of data too.
Jan 19, 2010
306 posts
148 upvotes
Toronto
Tommy74 wrote: Look around for better looking cars.
Some people look good on their own. Don't need a car to create a mirage.
[OP]
Apr 17, 2008
49 posts
21 upvotes
Thanks for the feedback, i'll take them in consideration (most of them).

As for LeafSpy, the vendor gave me this from his LeafSpy. The battery seem good. The SOH is at 94%.
I already have a ODB2 Dongle, but did not know about LeafSpy, after reading about it, i'll buy it for sure when i will be a Leaf owner.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EgKPxl ... sp=sharing