Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Freebies

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Apple

TextMe + Call free canadian# to call & txt anywhere in canada & US

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 11th, 2017 3:06 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 18, 2008
102 posts
96 upvotes
GTA

[Apple] TextMe + Call free canadian# to call & txt anywhere in canada & US

Hello,
I tried to search everywhere to make sure it is not posted yet. I got a text message from textme app that they have a new version called "TextMe + Call" it gives you a free canadian number that you can text and call anywhere in US and canada. Plus you can text free to over 40 counties. Just search in the apple app store for "textMe+call". The way to get free calls is you have to add minutes by watching a 30 second movie that gives you free 2 minute calls and its pretty easy. Not sure if it is available for android yet but it is out for all iphones/ipods. Hope this helps!
22 replies
Nov 2, 2010
358 posts
73 upvotes
I'm scared to bother with it because of 1 reviewer saying that you only get 5 mins to start because you have to pay or watch videos/download games for 2 mins each.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2005
6758 posts
1785 upvotes
Montreal
johnegy wrote: Hello,
I tried to search everywhere to make sure it is not posted yet. I got a text message from textme app that they have a new version called "TextMe + Call" it gives you a free canadian number that you can text and call anywhere in US and canada. Plus you can text free to over 40 counties. Just search in the apple app store for "textMe+call". The way to get free calls is you have to add minutes by watching a 30 second movie that gives you free 2 minute calls and its pretty easy. Not sure if it is available for android yet but it is out for all iphones/ipods. Hope this helps!

I've had it on android for awhile. What's nice is you geta Cdn local number.
Phils
Oct 24, 2007
526 posts
241 upvotes
cuddlydragon wrote: I'm scared to bother with it because of 1 reviewer saying that you only get 5 mins to start because you have to pay or watch videos/download games for 2 mins each.

That is correct. But you can buy 40 mins for 99 cents, so 2.5 cents/min. Too bad is doesn't work on Speakout 3G
Dec 18, 2008
102 posts
96 upvotes
GTA
Its not as bad as u think. I kept watching 20 second clips and got over 60 minutes free. The trick is to close the program and re-open it and it will give you more clips to watch to get 2 mins free. Its so easy to do
cuddlydragon wrote: I'm scared to bother with it because of 1 reviewer saying that you only get 5 mins to start because you have to pay or watch videos/download games for 2 mins each.
Mar 6, 2010
369 posts
112 upvotes
Had a friend who was using this today and just showed me, pretty awesome app, I'd try it if I am not using Blackberry lol....
May 19, 2012
1 posts
VANCOUVER
I am a Textme user in BC with a 647 textme number. Here's what I found:
Pros - forced me to get a new phone number. Pro for me because I wanted this and now have a 604 number. Could be really annoying for others...
- single phone number to text and call
- call quality ok on my home wifi
- no need to leave the app running (u needed to with text only textme)
Cons (or things I haven't figured out yet)
- no call forwarding
- no call forwarding if number not available (when I turn off data when roaming)
- works all the time on wifi or data ... Great for simplicity but $$ when roaming cannot be turned off
- no number portability or number choice
Unknowns..
- not sure hownthisnwill work with restricted wifi like at hotels. Skype seems to punch thru anything, dell voice chokes, we'll see on this one...

I like freephoneline.ca but they do not support text (yet?)
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2002
1359 posts
717 upvotes
Vancouver
Can someone post a screenshot of the placement of the ads? Either version of textme (text only or text and call) is fine. Just want to see how much space the ads take
Deal Addict
May 1, 2012
2803 posts
702 upvotes
Scarborough
OP, you just got a notification TextMe+call was out. That's weird. I got it months ago when it first came out. And have been using TextMe for well over a year. Not as good as a SIP account, but its pretty decent. It could be better but I imagine lots of ppl started using it and theirs networks are getting hit.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2012
2803 posts
702 upvotes
Scarborough
Also u can text internationally for 1 credit per text
Feb 13, 2009
553 posts
156 upvotes
Montreal
i'm still using TEXT2ME, which is an earlier version of TEXTME, allows me to send text for free. no voice call feature tho.
its not available on google play store, but you can still download from aptoide website.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2012
1924 posts
352 upvotes
Toronto
TDotHacker wrote: OP, you just got a notification TextMe+call was out. That's weird. I got it months ago when it first came out. And have been using TextMe for well over a year. Not as good as a SIP account, but its pretty decent. It could be better but I imagine lots of ppl started using it and theirs networks are getting hit.
:facepalm: read the date
----
Deal Fanatic
Sep 22, 2012
7736 posts
10770 upvotes
Richmond Hill
The bad part about TextMe is that you have to use it at least once a week or they'll reclaim your number. I used to use this app all the time, so it was no problem for me, but if I went on vacation....
Dec 6, 2011
143 posts
274 upvotes
TORONTO
really? i wouldt use the text for weeks sometimes, and ive had my number for about a year now

i love text me! its great, it saves me a TON, but i only usually text and im near Wifi all the time
Deal Addict
May 1, 2012
2803 posts
702 upvotes
Scarborough
lex4ever wrote: :facepalm: read the date

:facepalm: is correct. lol Now it makes sense. Was wondering what was so special about posting this now. :)

@Rugerty100, like @Saladin416 I've gone weeks without using it, even months and still have my old original textme account number, as well a the newer textme+call
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2008
8423 posts
4666 upvotes
Durham
Just use one or a combination of the following FREE apps:

- LINE
- VIBER
- TANGO
- WECHAT
- Whatsapp (if you can get a version that is cracked)
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2
Deal Fanatic
Sep 22, 2012
7736 posts
10770 upvotes
Richmond Hill
TDotHacker wrote: :facepalm: is correct. lol Now it makes sense. Was wondering what was so special about posting this now. :)

@Rugerty100, like @Saladin416 I've gone weeks without using it, even months and still have my old original textme account number, as well a the newer textme+call
Strange, maybe that's for the older members. Every week, if I don't use the number, it'll text me "Hey, We've seen that you did not use your TextMe number for a while. Let us know if you want to keep it by simply Texting or Calling any phone in the US or Canada. To make it super easy for you we credited you[r] account with 10 more minutes. Thanks for using TextMe

[IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/767 ... .00.56.png[/IMG]
Nov 9, 2008
586 posts
135 upvotes
rugerty100 wrote: Strange, maybe that's for the older members. Every week, if I don't use the number, it'll text me "Hey, We've seen that you did not use your TextMe number for a while. Let us know if you want to keep it by simply Texting or Calling any phone in the US or Canada. To make it super easy for you we credited you[r] account with 10 more minutes. Thanks for using TextMe

[IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/767 ... .00.56.png[/IMG]
root the device, install adblock or adaway and remove those ugly ads.... :)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)