Expired Hot Deals

[TextNow] [US Only] TextNow offering free Calling & Texting Through Sprint in the US. Simply buy sim Activation Kit for $9.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 30th, 2020 4:59 pm
[OP]
Nov 2, 2018
327 posts
304 upvotes

[US Only] TextNow offering free Calling & Texting Through Sprint in the US. Simply buy sim Activation Kit for $9.99

Price:
Free
Retailer:
TextNow
Saw this option appear on my TextNow app (See Pic).
Screenshot_20200129-160805.png

Really good deal for someone who travels to the US frequently and just need something to keep in touch, call or text. It runs on Sprint Network and is ad supported. To get rid of ads or add data plans start at $9.99.

Edit:
  • Service Only Works in the USA. In Canada, it will only work over WiFi or if you have a Data Connection through your current *Canadian Provider*
  • Phone must be Sprint Compatible. Check here: https://www.textnow.com/v3/wireless/sim-card
  • For more information: https://www.textnow.com/how-it-works
  • The App itself has always been free to use on iOS and Android with ads of course. U can pay $3.99 to remove ads on the wifi only version of the app.
@redboy69 thanks for this useful information

"Here is a list of some compatible devices. Most are US Sprint or Sprint MVNO variants
https://s4gru.com/forums/topic/7833-the ... ity-chart/

Don't buy the sim if your phone is not compatible. You will waste $10

Otherwise, the app itself always has been free for calling/texting over wifi."
Last edited by techackz on Jan 29th, 2020 11:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
62 replies
Jun 12, 2019
228 posts
235 upvotes
Does anyone know if I can buy a sim card activation kit tomorow when I cross the border at a retail store or outlet ?
Mar 7, 2011
86 posts
87 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks Op , tested confirmed working. I also used fake gps app to get a Niagara falls area code instead of being assigned a Canadian number. Tested called myself to freedom mobile and sent text and same in reverse and work flawless with the app for in calls out and sms in and out . Pretty handy. When a legit u.s. number is required . Best thing it's free. No sim required.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2005
2562 posts
1199 upvotes
Surrey
Pkosta wrote: Thanks Op , tested confirmed working. I also used fake gps app to get a Niagara falls area code instead of being assigned a Canadian number. Tested called myself to freedom mobile and sent text and same in reverse and work flawless with the app for in calls out and sms in and out . Pretty handy. When a legit u.s. number is required . Best thing it's free. No sim required.
No sim required?
Jun 18, 2010
468 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
Do the ads go away with the 9.99 SIM kit purchase?
Jan 16, 2004
907 posts
461 upvotes
Toronto
Pkosta wrote: Thanks Op , tested confirmed working. I also used fake gps app to get a Niagara falls area code instead of being assigned a Canadian number. Tested called myself to freedom mobile and sent text and same in reverse and work flawless with the app for in calls out and sms in and out . Pretty handy. When a legit u.s. number is required . Best thing it's free. No sim required.
Umm I think anyone can install the app and get a local Canadian number for free. Don’t have to jump through hoops for a US number or gps location. And it’s always been free and no sim required, just needs an internet connection.

The deal is this new service (free) on sprint in the US if you get a sprint SIM card for $10
[OP]
Nov 2, 2018
327 posts
304 upvotes
Dealscavenger613 wrote: Does anyone know if I can buy a sim card activation kit tomorow when I cross the border at a retail store or outlet ?
Must be ordered online. Also, it takes a few days to arrive.
[OP]
Nov 2, 2018
327 posts
304 upvotes
paaji wrote: No sim required?
If u want wifi only. Yes.

But if u want to text and call for free where you don't have wifi. You can order a sim for $10 and get free ad supported cell service (Call and Text) anywhere in the US on the Sprint Network.
May 31, 2017
143 posts
84 upvotes
montreal
can you get a google phone number using the US number provided by textnow/sprint?
Aug 12, 2010
695 posts
505 upvotes
techackz wrote: Must be ordered online. Also, it takes a few days to arrive.
Can it be sent to to a remailer, shipped back to Canada then activated up here to then use when you cross down south?
Zoomer $36 Plan Loyal
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1228 posts
1147 upvotes
Surrey
techackz wrote: If u want wifi only. Yes.

But if u want to text and call for free where you don't have wifi. You can order a sim for $10 and get free ad supported cell service (Call and Text) anywhere in the US on the Sprint Network.

So the sim does work in Canada ?

Wondering why it says doesn’t support my unlocked iPhone 7 imei
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2008
1544 posts
3913 upvotes
Pawtucket
This is a great deal.
Its even better if you have an old Sprint compatible phone from the old Ringplus and Freedompop days. Since those phones already come with a sim card, I was able to avoid having to buy a sim card and saved myself $10. I was able to activate a few phones using my VPN app set for the US.

I believe its still VOIP but you should still get service for calling/texting even without wifi. Planning on going down south this weekend and will test it out. Will report back my results.

Also, no need to put any billing info so no way to get charged for the service.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
7017 posts
2666 upvotes
Calgary
My experience with TextNow paid service was terrible though it was two years ago. Hope they have improved since then.
Mar 5, 2013
332 posts
378 upvotes
Kitchener
So after buying this SIM how long will this free talk and text last for?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)