• Jul 20th, 2011 1:21 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2007
1184 posts
480 upvotes
London, ON

Thailand (BKK) For New Years (Peak Season) 2011/2012 from (YYZ) $1285

I found a really great deal in the last week or so while searching for an airfare to Thailand for New Years 2011/12. The price is good in and around xmas time and new years departing from Toronto (YYZ) to Bangkok (BKK). Total price is $1285 including tax on Korean Air. This is roughly $500 cheaper than a normal price for this time of year and suggest that anyone looking to go during this peak season to take advantage of it now as it will only go up. I have never seen it this low for peak season. Even travel to Phuket is only $1429 r/t. Great prices.

I myself have booked Dec 26 thru Jan 13 with confirmed ticket and seats selected already. Connection times in Seoul are decent as well with 3 hours on the way over and 2 on the way back. Korean Air is great in economy to boot.

This deal is not available on any normal travel websites as of yet as its still prior to 330 days out. I found it on vayama.ca and airfare.com and must be a consolidator fare to be able to book this early? It is 100% legit though.

You can find this deal on www.vayama.ca.

Sign up for a skypass on Korean air prior so you can add the number to the reservation and then select your seats as soon as booking is processed.

I finally am going on my dream vacation to Thailand for New Years in part thanks to this deal. Bangkok, Phuket and Pattaya here I come.
24 replies
Banned
Dec 10, 2008
1659 posts
53 upvotes
Please avoid pattaya. If you are after that kind of lifestyle, you can get the same in every part of Thailand and it's gonna be safer and probably cheaper.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2004
1082 posts
199 upvotes
PACIFIC
I've also heard that there are lots of crime + foreign mafia in Pattaya.
BTW, I went to Mu Ko Surin last year and it was lovely! It was like being in another planet, very colourful - somewhat reminded me of Avatar (the movie). I was told though that due to global warming, things have changed in a pretty bad way at Mu Ko Similan & Surin. Some people now recommend Koh Lipe instead.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2001
1393 posts
124 upvotes
Toronto
Indeed a great fare! Good job op! Thailand is an amazing place to ring in the new year!
Nov 15, 2007
73 posts
12 upvotes
Last year, booked my thailand trip with vayama and they did not charge me the price they advertised...try getting the price adjusted after is near impossible...
Nov 8, 2008
128 posts
6 upvotes
Oakville
Thailand is the best country in the world. Its so fun, I can't wait to go back. PS when you go to PATTS stay at a place called 18 coins its the best spot for the money, only cost me $9 a night for a clean room with hot water and AC and the food was some of the best food I have ever had in my life. A big spread of roast chicken veggies potatoes yorkshire pudding for only $3... Tons of Xpatts at this place to talk to really friendly people with hilarious stories lots of britts and lots of football to watch go Everton!. Don't stay long in patts or phu its really not what thailand is about. Move along and see the country side its just so cool. You must go to Chiang Mai its the coolest town on earth, just don't be like me and challenge a Maui Thai Boxer to a fight, you will lose and it will be painful :cry: .

One more tip when going to thailand. Pack nothing more then toiletries your passport and the shirt on your back. Sounds extreme but trust me you will thank me later. Backpacks are for amateurs
Nov 8, 2008
128 posts
6 upvotes
Oakville
Fllay wrote: I've also heard that there are lots of crime + foreign mafia in Pattaya.
Patts is owned by the Russian Mob... they are everywhere.. its a safe place still though if you can control yourself. Lady Boys everywhere too :eek: :eek:
Jun 25, 2006
92 posts
5 upvotes
I love Thailand, go there every year!

As for the rate, it is a good rate, but not the lowest from my experience. I fly out of Ottawa, which requires me to fly into Toronto or Chicago, and for Dec. 28 - Jan. 25 2011 I paid 1220$. This is with United or Japan Airlines. Air Canada/Cathay is more expensive but you get to avoid flying into the US.

Either way anything under 1300$ is always a good deal after Dec. 24th :)

I've boked my next trip for June already and am looking for December at similar rates.
Jul 6, 2007
553 posts
62 upvotes
for 8 us$
with 2 lovely thai girls I was there last year during the crisis I had top class 5 star hotel for 35 us$
Jul 6, 2007
553 posts
62 upvotes
for 8 us$
with 2 lovely thai girls I was there last year during the crisis I had top class 5 star hotel for 35 us$
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
7104 posts
1928 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
bigfatdeal wrote: Thailand is the best country in the world. Its so fun, I can't wait to go back. PS when you go to PATTS stay at a place called 18 coins its the best spot for the money, only cost me $9 a night for a clean room with hot water and AC and the food was some of the best food I have ever had in my life. A big spread of roast chicken veggies potatoes yorkshire pudding for only $3... Tons of Xpatts at this place to talk to really friendly people with hilarious stories lots of britts and lots of football to watch go Everton!. Don't stay long in patts or phu its really not what thailand is about. Move along and see the country side its just so cool. You must go to Chiang Mai its the coolest town on earth, just don't be like me and challenge a Maui Thai Boxer to a fight, you will lose and it will be painful :cry: .

One more tip when going to thailand. Pack nothing more then toiletries your passport and the shirt on your back. Sounds extreme but trust me you will thank me later. Backpacks are for amateurs

lol
Mar 4, 2007
351 posts
40 upvotes
someone going in thailand alone its always suspicious....»IMO
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2007
1907 posts
437 upvotes
Toronto
Taking Air Canada to avoid all the stop overs, better for my family in my opinion, the price I paid was a little over $1500 tax and duty in.

My trip to Egypt was prospone till maybe next year, so this was our alternative trip. I have read and heard really good things about Thailand for family, night life well I don't want my daughter to really see that other side of life.

Hotels seems pretty affordable, elephant, horse camps and the resorts look really nice and peaceful, great to relax and enjoy the sceenary.

Cheers!!
Thread started in 2016 - 1927 fully gutted and renovated 2 storey detached home in the big T.O. - small projects still in progress.

RFD priceless!
Sep 6, 2005
287 posts
18 upvotes
Ottawa
badass wrote: Taking Air Canada to avoid all the stop overs.....!

How exactly does taking Air Canada avoid stop overs?? Air Canada does not fly to BKK. You are stopping at least once and most likely twice no matter which airline(s) you take.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2003
4600 posts
248 upvotes
Burnaby
Wow that's cheap. We went to Thailand during the exact same time frame last year and our flights were $2700 each person... we did book fairly late though.
Items for Sale:
...nothing for now...

References: eBay Feedback
Nov 8, 2008
128 posts
6 upvotes
Oakville
If you really want a deal fly out of Vancouver. I was able to go last November for a month and the flight cost me 820CDN round trip all in. I flew with china eastern airlines. I really enjoyed the service and the flight was excellent. I got drunk off china bud on the plane for free! the food wasn't bad I liked some stuff. They even gave me one of those masks that Chinese people always wear because I suspected the man beside me might have sars. Really helpful service and a great flight all around. Also look into getting a travel rewards visa from TD.. this one trip alone earned me enough travel points to get a $50 credit off my next trip... Now its deciding between Brazil and costa rica for a month or Thailand again, I just love everything about Thailand so much I am sure i will end up going back.

By the way don't worry about getting sick in Thailand or getting shots or anything I was in the jungles and cities for a month and didn't get anything, not even a soft poo. Get travelers insurance though its worth it. I had to use mine from getting my ear drum ruptured from being punched in the head, and let me tell you they have the highest quality most efficient health care system I have ever seen. Canada should take a lesson from Thailand, their doctors actually know things about things. :)

Also if you need any dental work done go here to do it. Very high standards and very good quality at insane prices.

Also go to Subway there its amazing. Unlike the processed crap that indian subway franchise owners try to pass off as food here, in Thailand their subway they give you a real chicken breast cut up on an amazing seaseme seed loaf. All for $3 for a footlong. I love the Thais and their deal giving country.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
7104 posts
1928 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
Seems like prices went up (as I checked the same dates the OP had posted).

Looking to get away YYZ-BKK anytime from Dec 1 to Mar 30.
Any deals? Is there somewhere else I should look, or wait around for reduced prices until then?

Thanks!
Feb 8, 2009
622 posts
51 upvotes
I've been constantly looking for airfare for that part of the world as well for the past few months and the longer you wait, the more they increase the prices due to gas prices. AC did mention recently that they'd soon lower the prices of airfare after finding that hiked up airfares hurt demands by a significant amount. Still, I wouldn't count on it being that much cheaper though.