• Last Updated:
  • Apr 24th, 2018 2:14 am
[OP]
Mar 26, 2005
419 posts
390 upvotes
St Clements, MB

[The Bay] 2018 Hudson's Bay Card member Exclusive Discounts

From your January Hudson's Bay Mastercard or classic BayCard statement. Instore coupon available on last page. Visit hbc.com/credit/myaccount to download pdf version the day after your statement date.

CARDMEMBER EXCLUSIVE

ENDS FEBRUARY 15, 2018 AT 11:59 PM ET

SAVE $15 when you spend $100 or more before taxes on housewares, bedding and bath items with your Hudson’s Bay Mastercard® or Hudson’s Bay Credit Card.

Use Code HOME at Checkout.

Cannot be combined with New Account discount. No price adjustments on purchases made prior to January 1, 2018. Offer cannot be combined with any other coupon(s) or promo code(s).

EXCLUSIONS:

ALL-CLAD, BBQ'S WEBER /BROIL KING, BLUEAIR, BOBSWEEP, BONECO AIR O SWISS, DYSON, ELLEN DEGENERES, FRETTE, GLOBAL, HUDSON'S BAY COMPANY, HUNTER DOUGLAS, JENN-AIR, KATE SPADE, MAJOR APPLIANCES, MATTRESS ADJUSTABLE BASES, MATTRESSES, MICHAEL ARAM, MILL, NAPOLEON, SAECO, STADLER FORM, SWELL, THULE, VITAMIX.

See here for full details.

UPCOMING February Credit Offer: See details below.
Last edited by cslusarc on Jan 6th, 2018 9:54 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Title edit
103 replies
Dec 10, 2006
204 posts
89 upvotes
Worst credit card I've ever gotten. $400 credit limit and after 2 years they still refuse to increase it.
Jul 29, 2011
62 posts
36 upvotes
Vancouver
No problems with the card here. Are you sure there isn’t a credit issue? Sometimes lenders misspell names or transpose SINs.

$15 off is a bit lame. Was hoping for more.
[OP]
Mar 26, 2005
419 posts
390 upvotes
St Clements, MB
Yes, $15 off of any "home" purchase of $100 or more is kind of lame compared to the 20% discount you get on "Friends and Family" Days or the 25% President’s Discount for Rewards VIP members but unfortunately the next one of these events isn't until March. Can you put off your purchase until them?

I'm certainly not waiting.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
2498 posts
1126 upvotes
Calgary
Sean1337 wrote:
Jan 6th, 2018 10:53 am
Worst credit card I've ever gotten. $400 credit limit and after 2 years they still refuse to increase it.
wow $400 limit does seem very lame on HBC's part! I keep my HBC MC mainly cos of the extra discounts & (much) lower limit to qualify for FS. other than this, I use my BMO WE MC for the 2% reward points for most anything else.
Nov 13, 2006
675 posts
140 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
Sean1337 wrote:
Can't even buy a sofa on deep Bay Day sale Face With Tears Of Joy
Beware the RFD Effect
Sep 3, 2014
418 posts
324 upvotes
Maple Ridge, BC
Sean1337 wrote:
Lol...I got $800 limit four years ago (only that high because we were buying a clearance bed on a 0% deal) and they won’t increase it.

I’ve probably got $50k or more limit across my other cards, plus an Amex.

Nobody gets a cent of interest off me though Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2004
5583 posts
160 upvotes
scotsum wrote:
Jan 6th, 2018 1:33 pm
wow $400 limit does seem very lame on HBC's part! I keep my HBC MC mainly cos of the extra discounts & (much) lower limit to qualify for FS. other than this, I use my BMO WE MC for the 2% reward points for most anything else.
Not for much longer i assume
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
4148 posts
1234 upvotes
Sean1337 wrote:
That says more about you than them.

Do you keep a lowish balance and make all payments? Are your other credit lines in good shape?

Lastly, do you have any other Capital One credit?

If you can't handle other credit or have crap income, maybe the credit company is actually treating you good instead of in a predatory manner.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
4148 posts
1234 upvotes
Byzantium wrote:
Jan 6th, 2018 11:05 am

$15 off is a bit lame. Was hoping for more.
They use to send something like this every couple of months in the mail for in-store discount only.

Since The Bay has same in-store and online pricing, there is very little reason to go in store unless you can find a clearance item unique to a store.

Online, The Bay doesn't stack coupons...Would love to see the RFD thread that caused that.
[OP]
Mar 26, 2005
419 posts
390 upvotes
St Clements, MB
Yes this coupon can be used with today's Flash Sale on Bath & Bedding.

However, it can't be used on their "Famous One-Day Sales" which are available both online and instore which should begin to reappear in February based on last year.
Dec 10, 2006
204 posts
89 upvotes
renoldman wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 5:23 am
That says more about you than them.

Do you keep a lowish balance and make all payments? Are your other credit lines in good shape?

Lastly, do you have any other Capital One credit?

If you can't handle other credit or have crap income, maybe the credit company is actually treating you good instead of in a predatory manner.
Says nothing about me.

I have a Costco capital one credit card with a $4K limit

I have two credit cards with $20K plus limits each

I have numerous other credit cards with $5K + limits

Credit score 750+
No debt
Never late on payments
No interest ever paid
Stable government income

There’s no reason for them to keep denying me an increase

I bought the card strictly to use it at the bay and I can barely buy anything there with it

I guess I have to create an artificial credit limit by overpaying the card if I really want to use it for a big purchase
[OP]
Mar 26, 2005
419 posts
390 upvotes
St Clements, MB
I found this online on thebay.com

Your February Hudson's Bay statement should include a paper coupon that references this credit offer begining Thursday, February 1st, 2018:
ENDS MARCH 15, 2018 AT 11:59 PM ET

Online & In Stores

Save an Extra 15% on Regular and Sale Prices With Your Hudson’s Bay Mastercard® or Hudson’s Bay Credit Card.

Use Code 15OFF 

Cannot be combined with New Account discount. No price adjustments on purchases made prior to February 1, 2018. Offer cannot be combined with any other coupon(s) or promo code(s).

The following categories are a maximum 10% off discount: CONFECTIONARY, FURNITURE, GOURMET, OUTDOOR FURNITURE, PARROT, PHANTOM, SOLOGEAR.

Full details here.
Sep 12, 2017
676 posts
47 upvotes
Can this discount be added to on sale items? If not, it's lame.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)