• Last Updated:
  • Feb 29th, 2020 10:24 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2005
1367 posts
1708 upvotes
St Clements, MB
When i worked at Sears, during the Eaton's acquisition (2000 or so), their goal was to have 70% of sales using the Sears Card. About the same time, the goal at The Bay, Zellers and Home Outfitters was half of that at about 35%.
Aug 16, 2009
258 posts
157 upvotes
Kfox wrote: I don't know of any other retailer who aims so much of marketing towards house credit card holders and thumbs nose at everyone else. So old school
Walmart
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
3591 posts
3827 upvotes
GTA
akilana wrote: Walmart
really? I don't think I've seen seen an advertised sale or deal for Walmart that's dependent on using their credit card
Jun 18, 2015
186 posts
151 upvotes
plugg3din wrote: Thanks! This somehow got me $15 off a $60 coat..
Good catch. Looks like LOVE takes 25% off clearance items at least, which are all back down to the prices they were before the "sale" over the weekend where they jacked them up 25%. Ordered a couple of things but took screenshots since others said they'd had their prices adjusted after the fact.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2005
1367 posts
1708 upvotes
St Clements, MB
Just received my "paperless" Hudson's Bay statement for February. On the last page was a 15% off coupon. Use promo code SPRING15 to save an extra 15% off regular- and sale-priced merchandise when you pay with Hudson's Bay credit. Excludes major appliances.

Today's offer:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2005
1367 posts
1708 upvotes
St Clements, MB
Try promo code LOVE to save a further 25% off on clearance soft goods like fashions, accessories and footwear.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2009
1965 posts
574 upvotes
Ottawa
Called in to complain about my order and how I got charged over $50 more, got an apology and refunded the difference.

- seems like their paypal payment gateway doesnt work? can't seem to get an order through.
Jun 18, 2015
186 posts
151 upvotes
Vietlord wrote: seems like their paypal payment gateway doesnt work? can't seem to get an order through.
I used PayPal but after placing the order got a phone message from their security department asking me to confirm the shipping address. Now that I have the order has switched to "In Process" so I assume it's going through, but they definitely have some kinks to work out with PayPal orders.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
8205 posts
1754 upvotes
Toronto
I was at the Bay and the lady told me I could sign up for The Bay credit card to get the discount on my purchase, and then cancel the card later.

It seemed a bit dodgy, and didn't want to risk any negative issues with my credit rating. Obviously she was on commission on signups as she was really pushing for it.

Is there any drawback to signing up and then cancelling?
Dec 31, 2016
306 posts
184 upvotes
Mississauga, ON, CA
appleb wrote: I was at the Bay and the lady told me I could sign up for The Bay credit card to get the discount on my purchase, and then cancel the card later.

It seemed a bit dodgy, and didn't want to risk any negative issues with my credit rating. Obviously she was on commission on signups as she was really pushing for it.

Your credit rating 'could' get a (big) hit...
I definitely don’t need one, so I’ll do the right thing and pick one up on my way home. 😎

**Just pick one and don't loot** 😠
Penalty Box
Jan 27, 2014
4813 posts
1922 upvotes
appleb wrote: I was at the Bay and the lady told me I could sign up for The Bay credit card to get the discount on my purchase, and then cancel the card later.

You answered your own question. The credit check is the drawback.
Oct 13, 2016
333 posts
458 upvotes
cslusarc wrote: Try promo code LOVE to save a further 25% off on clearance soft goods like fashions, accessories and footwear.
Too bad code LOVE doesn't apply to NIKE...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2005
1367 posts
1708 upvotes
St Clements, MB
SPRING REFRESH
Update your closet and countertop with new styles and essentials for the season ahead.

Ends March 15, 2019
ONLINE & IN STORE
Save 15% on your purchase of regular- and sale- price items with your Hudson’s Bay Mastercard or Hudson’s Bay Credit Card.

Use Code: SPRING15

Cannot be combined with new account discount. No price adjustments on purchases made prior to February 1, 2019. Offer cannot be combined with any other coupon(s) or promo code(s). The following categories and brands are eligible for a maximum 10% discount: CONFECTIONERY AND GOURMET, FURNITURE, MATTRESSES AND MATTRESS ADJUSTABLE BASES, NORDICTRACK, PATIO FURNITURE, PET SUPPLIES. STROLLERS, CAR SEATS & TRAVEL, BABY TOYS & ACTIVITY BABY FEEDING, BABY HEALTH & SAFETY, BATH, POTTY & DIAPERING, PERSONAL-CARE ELECTRICS.

Check your February statement for your instore coupon.

Click here for full exclusions list.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)