• Last Updated:
  • Mar 1st, 2021 2:06 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
1708 posts
1382 upvotes

[The Bay] All-Clad 2-Piece Frying Pan Set 69.99 - 10% with FLASH coupon

The All-Clad set is back to 69.99$ (use FLASH for 10% off at checkout). This is better than the one from BBW.

38 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
1891 posts
1108 upvotes
Boom and Bust Calgar…
After having used a few brands of non-stick, these are the best for 10 and 8 sizes. Durable, will never warp, dishwasher safe. Slightly heavy and some people don't like the handles though. The 12 is for some reason mega gigantic and may not fit in your dishwasher properly.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2015
1935 posts
1275 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Not available for store pick up, how to manage to get free ship?
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2005
1350 posts
154 upvotes
Markham
Was considering replacing a Tramontina non stick pan with these all clad non stick however I've been getting by with a Lodge Cast Iron Pan for awhile now for Eggs and Potstickers. Need to use more oil, then heat to smoking on high, then turn down to low but the cast iron works and food does not stick.

I'm a big fan of Allclad and use their Stainless Steel Tri ply set for all my other cooking. Research shows me that all non stick lose the non stick property after some time (even ceramic Greenpan ones I was also considering as an alternative) thus not true "buy it for life" products like a cast iron and good stainless steel set would be.
Dec 10, 2012
238 posts
257 upvotes
All Clad is a great brand but I would never spend more than 15$ on a non stick pan. They all wear out so treat them like you'd treat a pear of underwear. Throw it out after a while and get new ones.
Apr 17, 2015
544 posts
365 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Smartchen wrote: Not available for store pick up, how to manage to get free ship?
The discount does basically offset the shipping cost.. is it still a hot deal at $70? I haven't tried them. Only the tfal stuff on CT when it goes on sale.
Oct 15, 2020
117 posts
270 upvotes
montreal, QC
Everytime I see a cooking set deal or frying pans at the bay, I always immediately thinks it's that Laflamme guy again..
Is this thing on?
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
4140 posts
1693 upvotes
jonleo wrote: Everytime I see a cooking set deal or frying pans at the bay, I always immediately thinks it's that Laflamme guy again..
lol, that takes me back

What kind of cooking are these good for? I don't think I own any aluminum pans, just cast iron and ceramic non-stick I think.
Jun 26, 2008
143 posts
103 upvotes
That's true if you just like to treat the cheapies as disposables. I have the Zwilling notsticks and they've been going strong for about 4 years, still do a masterful job on french omelettes.

I haven't used these ones but I'd imagine they're of similar quality. Some of the better coatings can last a lot longer than the crappy cheap PTFE ones. Unless you do silly things like scratch them all up with metal forks and stuff. It's kind of a 'to each their own' if you want longer lasting non-stick or just having to replace them more often like you say.
Aug 29, 2018
316 posts
397 upvotes
Behacad wrote: All Clad is a great brand but I would never spend more than 15$ on a non stick pan. They all wear out so treat them like you'd treat a pear of underwear. Throw it out after a while and get new ones.
They don't all wear out at the same speed. Cheap ones are typically thin, so more likely to warp early (and have no thermal mass), and typically use the thinnest cheapest Teflon. Thicker pans are better, and especially ones using higher quality Teflon coating.

I don't know about these All clad, but for instance the IKEA Trovardig are simply excellent quality. Nothing compared to a cheap $15 nonstick.

"All cars eventually wear out so I would never spend more than $3000 on one."
Last edited by pbeutch on Feb 28th, 2021 8:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jun 23, 2014
35 posts
11 upvotes
East York, ON
Unfortunately none of the stores say available for pick up (I'm in Toronto)
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
1891 posts
1108 upvotes
Boom and Bust Calgar…
FreeKnight wrote: That's true if you just like to treat the cheapies as disposables. I have the Zwilling notsticks and they've been going strong for about 4 years, still do a masterful job on french omelettes.

I haven't used these ones but I'd imagine they're of similar quality. Some of the better coatings can last a lot longer than the crappy cheap PTFE ones. Unless you do silly things like scratch them all up with metal forks and stuff. It's kind of a 'to each their own' if you want longer lasting non-stick or just having to replace them more often like you say.
The ones I have have lasted me years. I actually have a "real" All-Clad non-stick that lasted me about ten years, I'm throwing it out now. Got it during one of those infamous The Bay pricing errors way back in the day.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2015
1935 posts
1275 upvotes
Toronto, ON
k9fire wrote: The discount does basically offset the shipping cost.. is it still a hot deal at $70? I haven't tried them. Only the tfal stuff on CT when it goes on sale.
Shipping is $8, the bay used to free ship for order $49+, they changed it to $99 now
Need to find a filter
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
1891 posts
1108 upvotes
Boom and Bust Calgar…
k9fire wrote: The discount does basically offset the shipping cost.. is it still a hot deal at $70? I haven't tried them. Only the tfal stuff on CT when it goes on sale.
It's much better than the T-Fal dreck they have at CT these days. CT used to carry the T-Fal Professional line, that stuff was great. The Rock lineup is fine though when it's 350% off.
Sep 8, 2006
910 posts
562 upvotes
Edmonton
Problem with these compared to bed bath and beyond is that they are smaller (8” and 10”) vs 10” and 12”.
Dec 10, 2012
238 posts
257 upvotes
pbeutch wrote: They don't all wear out at the same speed. Cheap ones are typically thin, so more likely to warp early (and have no thermal mass), and typically use the thinnest cheapest Teflon. Thicker pans are better, and especially ones using higher quality Teflon coating.

I don't know about these All clad, but for instance the IKEA Trovardig are simply excellent quality. Nothing compared to a cheap $15 nonstick.

"All cars eventually wear out so I would never spend more than $3000 on one."
Yes you're right about thermal mass and warping, but I can't say I've ever had a cheap pan warp. You can't use these on high heat anyway so warping isn't a problem.

And what do you mean by "higher quality Teflon"? Are there grades of Teflon known to the public? I've had expensive and cheap pans and they're all roughly the same.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2012
1060 posts
403 upvotes
Toronto
These are great. I got these and the Costco set (Gotham) and these are hands down better. Obviously you would get rid of them when they start to peel and you see signs of the coating wearing off but these are great pans.
JS
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
1891 posts
1108 upvotes
Boom and Bust Calgar…
Behacad wrote: Yes you're right about thermal mass and warping, but I can't say I've ever had a cheap pan warp. You can't use these on high heat anyway so warping isn't a problem.

And what do you mean by "higher quality Teflon"? Are there grades of Teflon known to the public? I've had expensive and cheap pans and they're all roughly the same.
I've had cheap ones warp. The cheap T-Fals are infamous for this.

Yes there are different grades of Teflon. Mostly to do with thickness and how the material is applied to the pan.
Oct 23, 2005
618 posts
200 upvotes
caltran wrote: I've had cheap ones warp. The cheap T-Fals are infamous for this.
Second the warp issue. Let's just assume all coating made/attach the same, but just the warping issue alone is very frustrating.