The Bay 25% off Clearance

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 18th, 2021 1:53 pm
[OP]
Feb 13, 2016
521 posts
685 upvotes

[The Bay] The Bay 25% off Clearance

Lots of items in the clearance section and get additional 25% off. Dont forget to use Rakuten for an extra 2.5% off
93 replies
Mar 5, 2014
66 posts
89 upvotes
Vaughan
They sent me the wrong order, and I sent it back with purolator....only after they messed up with no tracking slip...

A month later and still awaiting original refund

Case open, return compete.....worst Customer Service by far.

No wonder they are going out of business
Apr 12, 2017
227 posts
303 upvotes
GTA
DrDigit wrote: They sent me the wrong order, and I sent it back with purolator....only after they messed up with no tracking slip...

same experience! horrible cs

They are never seeing a penny from me ever again!
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
2915 posts
2830 upvotes
Nothing but awful experiences with them. Website stuck in 1996
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2015
4062 posts
4573 upvotes
Vegas Golden Knights
It's like they take your CC info. Then ✌
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
4896 posts
2822 upvotes
Ordered like 6 things from The Bay maybe three weeks ago, 3 of them got cancelled, 2 of them were shoes and I got 2 left feet for 1 pair and the other was like a size 12 on one shoe, a size 9 in the other.
The one thing that did come in was overpriced pomade, which I only put in to reach the free shipping threshold and because of the heatwave, it melted through its container and was splattered all over the inside of the box (not their fault).

Nonetheless, they sent me like a 10% off $100 coupon as an apology and I had to really lay out how ridiculous the whole order was and they eventually gave me a $30 gift card to go away.
Jan 4, 2016
229 posts
230 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Yeah...thats a no from me. The Bay's customer service is worse than any gym when you try to cancel your membership, and that means a lot. Very surprising for such a behemoth of a chain.
Jul 21, 2011
717 posts
348 upvotes
Azkaban
DrDigit wrote: worst Customer Service by far.

The Bay is terrible, but Bad Boy furniture is way worse. There's tons of people that have been waiting 2 years for furniture and appliance they ordered, and Bad Boy won't refund them. As bad as a bunch of major retailers are (Bay being up there), Bad Boy takes the cake. I am not kidding (they hold basically 1 star avg review on any platform, FB, yelp, google reviews...)

My assumption with the Bay at this point is that their target customer base is mainly senile boomers that wander aimlessly in the mall.
You wouldn't know a communist if one jumped out of a giant May Day cake, slapped you across the face with a copy of The Conquest of Bread, and walked off whistling La Internationale.
Jul 9, 2013
29 posts
8 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I'm eyeing a Citizen watch that's on clearance but I'm worried about it being a Final Sale. It the watch comes defective, does it mean I'm out of luck?
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2008
2518 posts
902 upvotes
Calgary
DrDigit wrote: They sent me the wrong order, and I sent it back with purolator....only after they messed up with no tracking slip...

You should contact them again. This exact thing happened to me and they ship me someone else’s order. When I called and they told me that it has been refunded. I waited and still no refund and I called again and found out that they had refunded the other person’s order…I asked about my stuff and they told me that it was delivered…I had to tell them again that they had sent me someone else’s order and I had already sent it back and they couldn’t understand…
Last edited by Asoul on Sep 9th, 2021 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2015
4062 posts
4573 upvotes
Vegas Golden Knights
Nothing bad negative post in here but OP gets "+" Upvotes
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3302 posts
1887 upvotes
West Coast
chilli604 wrote: Nothing bad negative post in here but OP gets "+" Upvotes
Don't flame the OP for HBCs crap.
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Apr 1, 2009
313 posts
293 upvotes
Winnipeg
Sounds like truly worth wading through their disaster of a website to look at all the bargain bin crud in clearance, but thx for the heads up
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
2743 posts
2359 upvotes
Montreal, QC
twoloop wrote: Final sale online? No, thanks.
I thought the same thing. Sizing on shirts/t-shirts often varies by brands and final sale makes this a dangerous gamble.
Happy Koodo Public Mobile customer :-)
Nov 30, 2005
368 posts
212 upvotes
North York
Krakenlayer wrote: The Bay is terrible, but Bad Boy furniture is way worse. There's tons of people that have been waiting 2 years for furniture and appliance they ordered, and Bad Boy won't refund them. As bad as a bunch of major retailers are (Bay being up there), Bad Boy takes the cake. I am not kidding (they hold basically 1 star avg review on any platform, FB, yelp, google reviews...)

My assumption with the Bay at this point is that their target customer base is mainly senile boomers that wander aimlessly in the mall.
It's like this everywhere ... customer service isn't the ae since foramu years now... hate to say but it'd partially due to us consumers.. business hire inexperience workers to keep wage low and less workers too.. all to keep their profit margins... business is sp competitive now with the internet and rfd @)
May 30, 2015
279 posts
277 upvotes
I ordered two same Polo jackets from them and returned both.
One came stinky as if someone spilled something on it, the other one came with tags separated as if it was a return after somebody wore it for a while. Not going to try my luck third time.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2005
1550 posts
872 upvotes
Montreal
Hitomic wrote: I'm eyeing a Citizen watch that's on clearance but I'm worried about it being a Final Sale. It the watch comes defective, does it mean I'm out of luck?
If it's advertised as a new watch, then the presumption is that it works. If it doesn't, then they have to refund you regardless of their claim that it's a final sale. If they refuse, you can dispute it with your credit card.
IBM 701 | germanium diodes | 2000 multiplication or division operations per second | 2048 word memory on 72 tubes, 1024 bits per tube| 38-bit Accumulator | 36-bit Multiplier-Quotient | 2 IBM 726 magnetic tapes - 2x 2 million digit storage
Nov 30, 2016
207 posts
188 upvotes
Ontario
These replies though. Flushed Face
Seems consistently bad experiences.
Final sale too, won’t chance it lol.