Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Bay

The Bay 25% off Clearance

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 21st, 2021 9:51 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2005
3206 posts
4255 upvotes
St Clements, MB
Promotional activity @ The Bay is back.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2005
3206 posts
4255 upvotes
St Clements, MB
New and existing Hudson's Bay Mastercard Powered by Neo cardmembers can use promo code APPLY50 to save $50 when you spend $100 or more.
Mar 25, 2006
247 posts
58 upvotes
I've ordered items from Hudson's Bay over the years, and never once have I had an order go missing, received something I didn't order, or received an item in a condition other than new. I doubt that it's just because I'm extraordinarily lucky. I also much prefer shopping at Hudson's Bay to most other retailers. On the odd occasion when I need help it can take a little longer to find someone, but in general I don't want anyone hovering over me expectantly while I'm browsing or trying something on. That sort of behavior is what keeps me away from many stores.
Aug 16, 2009
409 posts
386 upvotes
pg94au wrote: I've ordered items from Hudson's Bay over the years, and never once have I had an order go missing, received something I didn't order, or received an item in a condition other than new. I doubt that it's just because I'm extraordinarily lucky. I also much prefer shopping at Hudson's Bay to most other retailers. On the odd occasion when I need help it can take a little longer to find someone, but in general I don't want anyone hovering over me expectantly while I'm browsing or trying something on. That sort of behavior is what keeps me away from many stores.
I have similar experience. I don’t want it to go out of business
Nov 17, 2012
221 posts
313 upvotes
Whitby, ON
DrDigit wrote: They sent me the wrong order, and I sent it back with purolator....only after they messed up with no tracking slip...

A month later and still awaiting original refund

Case open, return compete.....worst Customer Service by far.

No wonder they are going out of business
Had a similar experience with a massive cookware set.

They said it was sent but never provided a working tracking number.

They told me it showed on their end it was delivered but could not provide proof, then told me to keep waiting just in case it showed up, then threatened that they had pictures of it being left at my front door but again when asked for proof they would hang up.

After several calls I was informed that a refund had been issued and to wait three days for it to be posted.

Followed up several more times being told the same thing and asked to be escalated to a manager.

Had issues escalated to a manager who kept telling me to contact the federales (as at the time...not sure if it still is...The Bay had outsourced 1st level customer service to South America) and that no refund had been issued and that I was lying about being told that and even though I kept the emails and after the first two times started recording the conversations.

Once I started spamming their social media with my experience someone from The Bay contacted me (English speaking and from North America) trying to say I was ripping them off and again they had proof but could not supply it...all the while she must have been working from home (this was pre-pandemic) as there were kids screaming in the back ground and she was swearing at them and threatening to beat them if they weren't quiet.

Finally after a month of this I contacted my credit card company to start a charge back (first time doing this and should have done it way sooner) and someone from The Bay's Canadian offices contacted me immediately after Capital One got involved and said that a refund would be issued as they had no order fulfillment information, shipping information, and had just taken my money. I was promised a refund in three days again and this time I would not hang up until I had her name and direct extension.

I called her every week for almost two months until finally Capital One said a reasonable amount of time had passed (they kept delaying as it looked like the Bay was fixing things on their end) and they were going to push through a charge back.

I was contacted by a different manager that reamed me out about being inpatient and processed the refund while I was on the phone with them and emailed proof to me and Capital One.

This was for something that I purchased on Black Friday and the refund finally made it to my Capital One card in March the following year, the purchased itself had been frozen on my credit card so it was not accruing interest so at least I was not worried about that.

This was just ONE issue I had (the worse by far) with The Bay's online ordering.

Horrible company,
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
2417 posts
3847 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
kool1 wrote: Web Site is not the best but man do they ship fast, as good as Amazon or better!
This is the weird thing about The Bay; despite the Geocities-ass e-commerce experience, their shipping has been pretty quick, in my experience. It's not uncommon for their stuff to show up on a Saturday or Sunday, either. I also like that you can just redeem HBC points at checkout now, instead of having to order a gift card.

God help you if you need to rely on their customer service, but I keep going back because every now and again I stumble across a truly stellar bargain.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 27, 2015
5770 posts
7830 upvotes
Vegas Golden Knights…
So much stuff I wanna buy from The Bay.

So many horror stories. Oh well. Wallet safe
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2009
1008 posts
403 upvotes
Apparently IP banned from accessing their website. Wallet saved!
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12640 posts
6013 upvotes
chilli604 wrote: So much stuff I wanna buy from The Bay.

So many horror stories. Oh well. Wallet safe
I never had a bad experience and everything can go back to any store with ease.

Can't imagine what the "horror" is lol
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2010
2151 posts
3519 upvotes
kool1 wrote: I never had a bad experience and everything can go back to any store with ease.

Can't imagine what the "horror" is lol
He probably read other posts in this very thread so he can imagine going through what others have gone through. He might have also read other posts in other threads or on social media (such as FB) about problems such as The Bay refunding orders with GCs instead of back to CC to customers. At least one member who posted in this thread had this identical problem that he mentioned in another thread recently. As did others. There were posts warning people that orders were being refunded on to GCs instead of CCs.

I've had a few issues trying to refund things, so it was not "with ease". One example is that they removed their lockdown refund policy changes they had in writing on their site and neither physical locations nor their call centre customer service reps knew it after it was removed. Instead, physical stores made up their own policy, with changes that made no logical sense. This happened at least twice during different lockdown periods.

I once purchased a watch from them, and the location I purchased it from throws away watch boxes to save space. When I tried to return it, guess what happened...it wasn't "with ease" I'll tell you that. During a period of time they decided to cut off the tags from watches ordered online and throw them out before shipping. On one watch, they packaged it with the wrong box and there was no code for the watch since they threw away the price tag. Refunding it was not "with ease".

I've also had to chase them down like a collections agent to give me back a refund multiple times. They just kept saying wait another X amount of days over and over for months. Dealing with their call center is a nightmare. 99% of the people don't understand a word of English and don't seem to have any idea what any issue is.

Some members in this thread have never had a bad experience with The Bay. That's fine. Nobody is saying you're lying. But there seems to be an attitude that just because they haven't experienced anything bad from a company with so many people complaining about their experiences, that other people's bad experiences somehow don't count, didn't happen, or don't exist. That's purposefully ignorant.

Some more stories to add:

- they had a ongoing system glitch where they refunded back less tax than they charged for online orders. Most people probably didn't even notice they were being shortchanged.
- bought a suit from them and they sent me pants that didn't match the jacket.
- bought a $1K jacket from them. They shipped it in a cardboard box without putting it in a bag or wrapping it in paper. There was a gap in the box from being taped improperly, and some kind of mud or dirt got all inside and got all matted on the fur ruff, ruining the jacket. It was OOS and couldn't be reordered. When contacting them, they just said to refund it, didn't give a sht.
- their website sucks, inventory is completely inaccurate, glitches galore. When I make orders, majority of the time most items are not fulfilled.
Mar 6, 2006
832 posts
725 upvotes
GTA
I received my 2 orders (1 item and 4 items) just in two days.
Everything is fine.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2005
3206 posts
4255 upvotes
St Clements, MB
Over the past year I have had many problems with with thebay.com, but I am hopeful for the future. I have had missing items in parcels I've received and I have had whole parcels get lost by Canada Post (and Canada Post only). Luckily I haven't received a completely empty box yet which someone has reported in another thread or on social media. I have had Cyber Monday orders shipped by Canada Post arrive after Christmas and even into January. Luckily now my Distribution Centre originating parcels are much faster as Canada Post now receives them in their Mississauga Plant rather than their Calgary Plant saving up to 4 days by not backtracking to Winnipeg. I have had over $1000 worth of refunds that were supposed to go onto both my old Capital One and new Neo Hudson's Bay Mastercards but were refunded in error on to gift cards.
Nov 13, 2018
906 posts
2000 upvotes
Just a follow-up,

3 of my items arrived today, the Jack & Jones T-Shirt, a Strellson Dress Shirt, and the "Factory" dress shirt, the invoice clearly indicates only the Jack & Jones T-Shirt is FINAL SALE.

So, take that for what you will. Check the Final Sale status in the actual checkout part of your transaction and if you are like me, that's what the receipt will say. I could technically return those 2 dress shirts if I wanted to.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12640 posts
6013 upvotes
cslusarc wrote: Over the past year I have had many problems with with thebay.com, but I am hopeful for the future. I have had missing items in parcels I've received and I have had whole parcels get lost by Canada Post (and Canada Post only). Luckily I haven't received a completely empty box yet which someone has reported in another thread or on social media. I have had Cyber Monday orders shipped by Canada Post arrive after Christmas and even into January. Luckily now my Distribution Centre originating parcels are much faster as Canada Post now receives them in their Mississauga Plant rather than their Calgary Plant saving up to 4 days by not backtracking to Winnipeg. I have had over $1000 worth of refunds that were supposed to go onto both my old Capital One and new Neo Hudson's Bay Mastercards but were refunded in error on to gift cards.
Canada Post issues happen with any company. I've had 2 Amazon purchases this year alone disappear in the sorting facilities black hole.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
4264 posts
7110 upvotes
mikebmt wrote: Just a follow-up,

3 of my items arrived today, the Jack & Jones T-Shirt, a Strellson Dress Shirt, and the "Factory" dress shirt, the invoice clearly indicates only the Jack & Jones T-Shirt is FINAL SALE.

So, take that for what you will. Check the Final Sale status in the actual checkout part of your transaction and if you are like me, that's what the receipt will say. I could technically return those 2 dress shirts if I wanted to.
Thebay has been secretly changing their policies.

They used to be 14 days for price adjustment. this was last week. now it's updated to 7 days. Also apparently price adjustments won't apply to clearance items.

The shopping experience at the bay is really really bad.. please watch out!
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2005
3206 posts
4255 upvotes
St Clements, MB
renegadeavenger wrote: They used to be 14 days for price adjustment. this was last week. now it's updated to 7 days. Also apparently price adjustments won't apply to clearance items.
For as long as I remember clearance items have always been ineligible for price adjustmenrs and the price adjustment window for the past 5 years has always been 7 days.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
4264 posts
7110 upvotes
cslusarc wrote: For as long as I remember clearance items have always been ineligible for price adjustmenrs and the price adjustment window for the past 5 years has always been 7 days.
weird, I did a price match last week and was looking at their terms, it was clearly 14 days last week for price adjustments.
Nov 13, 2018
906 posts
2000 upvotes
renegadeavenger wrote: Thebay has been secretly changing their policies.

They used to be 14 days for price adjustment. this was last week. now it's updated to 7 days. Also apparently price adjustments won't apply to clearance items.

The shopping experience at the bay is really really bad.. please watch out!
Secretly changing... Lol

I've had one bad experience with the Bay, everything else has been great.

Not many places like the Bay around anymore and I'm grateful to be able to pick up some really good quality items on such steep discounts.
Feb 20, 2011
130 posts
44 upvotes
Is the deal dead? Doesn't seem like the 25% on clearance is still live

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)