Expired Hot Deals

The Bay

The Bay 25% off Clearance

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 21st, 2021 9:51 pm
Jan 17, 2018
251 posts
670 upvotes
pikpin wrote: Is the deal dead? Doesn't seem like the 25% on clearance is still live
It's now VIPHB for 25% off store wide (for clothing and etc.) minus their usual exceptions.
Oct 4, 2016
356 posts
581 upvotes
Mr2828 wrote: It's now VIPHB for 25% off store wide (for clothing and etc.) minus their usual exceptions.
Thanks! Worked out better with this code.
Dec 20, 2012
478 posts
386 upvotes
Barrie
Order cancelled by HBC - now I have to wait 1-2 weeks for my gift card balance to be restored. Chat (couldn't help) referred me to their gift card 1-800 (couldn't help) who referred me to another department to tell me nothing they can do but wait.

Also seems they only paid for a 60s loop of the same hold song, over and over again.
Dec 13, 2020
152 posts
182 upvotes
Toronto, ON
mada41 wrote: Order cancelled by HBC - now I have to wait 1-2 weeks for my gift card balance to be restored. Chat (couldn't help) referred me to their gift card 1-800 (couldn't help) who referred me to another department to tell me nothing they can do but wait.

Also seems they only paid for a 60s loop of the same hold song, over and over again.
Take it to their Twitter.. I've had good remediation from HBC
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2005
2068 posts
2894 upvotes
St Clements, MB
mada41 wrote: Order cancelled by HBC - now I have to wait 1-2 weeks for my gift card balance to be restored.
You will receive a physical gift card in a bubble pack envelope by Canada Post's Expidited Parcel service. Call the 1-800-521-2364 for a tracking number if you want to track it.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2016
1270 posts
1153 upvotes
Montreal
No free shipping and cannot pick up in-store... Kills the deal.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
5586 posts
5779 upvotes
Vancouver
The last time I went to The Bay was to check if they had patio furniture cushions for sale. It was 10:50am, and the doors were locked. Turns out they don't open now until 11am every day of the week. Came back at 11:15am, the doors were still locked, with a few people waiting. Eventually an employee stuck their head out the door and said that their cash register system was down and they would remain closed for the moment. I asked if they had any patio furniture cushions - they said No. Maybe I'll drop in for nostalgia when they announce the closure of the store - can't be long now with all the other department stores gone.
Feb 24, 2017
205 posts
140 upvotes
What ever you buy from them consider it final sale. Use all your gift cards up because these guys are gonna shutdown with no notice. Gonna miss them.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
1874 posts
2291 upvotes
Hows retruns for the bay ? It says my item is "sold by vendor" which is The Bay? Doesn't seem like a marketplace vendor. So confusing. Anyone have issues with returns?
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2005
2068 posts
2894 upvotes
St Clements, MB
simplypop wrote: Hows retruns for the bay ? It says my item is "sold by vendor" which is The Bay? Doesn't seem like a marketplace vendor. So confusing. Anyone have issues with returns?
If it says "Shipped & Sold by Hudson's Bay" then "Ships fron Vendor" means it ships directly fron the manufacturer as a drop ship vendor. Examples include South Shore Furniture. Vendor Direct Ship merchandise can be returned to stores or shipped back using the Narvar portal.
Dec 11, 2008
808 posts
495 upvotes
Toronto
Krakenlayer wrote: The Bay is terrible, but Bad Boy furniture is way worse. There's tons of people that have been waiting 2 years for furniture and appliance they ordered, and Bad Boy won't refund them. As bad as a bunch of major retailers are (Bay being up there), Bad Boy takes the cake. I am not kidding (they hold basically 1 star avg review on any platform, FB, yelp, google reviews...)

My assumption with the Bay at this point is that their target customer base is mainly senile boomers that wander aimlessly in the mall.
Many moons ago I knew someone that was involved with the Consumers council.
He told me that Bad Boy has been doing this for years (that was decades ago). They're also known for bait and switch.
No wonder they have a 1 star review.
Dec 20, 2012
478 posts
386 upvotes
Barrie
pkamto wrote: Take it to their Twitter.. I've had good remediation from HBC
Thanks, I'll try that.
cslusarc wrote: You will receive a physical gift card in a bubble pack envelope by Canada Post's Expidited Parcel service. Call the 1-800-521-2364 for a tracking number if you want to track it.
They made no mention of that (actually said my gift card code would be restored). They did seem quite daft, though. Sounds like a pretty on-brand resolution from the Bay, though.
Aug 22, 2011
783 posts
530 upvotes
Montreal
Very satisfied with The Bay. Ordered Sunday p.m. and it was delivered this morning. Well packaged, product is exactly as described and the price was unbeatable with the additional 25% off an already good sale price.
Montréal, Québec
[OP]
Feb 13, 2016
562 posts
734 upvotes
Seems like its either terrible or amazing with The Bay, so far has been fantastic for me.
Dec 18, 2020
14 posts
18 upvotes
Ordered a bunch of stuff and delivered.
Deal looks dead now; tried to get some more
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2015
4502 posts
5479 upvotes
Vegas Golden Knights
markymark5675 wrote: Ordered a bunch of stuff and delivered.
Deal looks dead now; tried to get some more
Wait a few days. 25% will be back. It's their normal pricing now
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2005
2068 posts
2894 upvotes
St Clements, MB
The Bay should've cleared out most of their Fall & Winter 2020 and Spring & Summer 2021 merchandise by now. I don't expect additional discounts on clearance until BAYDAYS or Black Friday/Cyber Monday.