• Jan 8th, 2021 1:52 am
[OP]
May 11, 2018
48 posts
30 upvotes

[The Bay] [The Bay] Fairmont Hypoallergenic gel Fibre duvet 99.99

Saw this deal when I went to Hudson Bay today
https://www.thebay.com/?orgin=true

Thinking of pulling the trigger, thoughts?
39 replies
Jan 25, 2016
379 posts
413 upvotes
Toronto
TaehoonK60879 wrote: Saw this deal when I went to Hudson Bay today
https://www.thebay.com/?orgin=true

Thinking of pulling the trigger, thoughts?
I’ve had this and the Hotel Collection synthetic duvet also on sale for ~$180. The Hotel Collection one is amazing and worth the extra money imo. Great year round duvet, never too hot or cold with it.

The best feature is the sewn on loops on the corner of the duvet to tie it into the Hotel Collection duvet cover. It always stays in place and you don’t have to fight with the duvet clumping up into the corners or bottom.
Oct 13, 2005
166 posts
55 upvotes
Contemplating this one:

Hotel Collection down

But I'm pretty sure they bumped their prices, so the "x% off" looks better...

Anyone have this duvet?
Jan 25, 2016
379 posts
413 upvotes
Toronto
sketchy wrote: Contemplating this one:

Hotel Collection down

But I'm pretty sure they bumped their prices, so the "x% off" looks better...

Anyone have this duvet?
Not that one but another down Hotel Collection duvet. The feathers always poked through the cover and didn’t enjoy it - too heavy.

I only go synthetic now. Try this one and save $200+, love mine.

https://www.thebay.com/product/hotel-co ... 89254.html
Dec 7, 2002
82 posts
5 upvotes
Mississauga
HelloNanaimo wrote: Not that one but another down Hotel Collection duvet. The feathers always poked through the cover and didn’t enjoy it - too heavy.

I only go synthetic now. Try this one and save $200+, love mine.

https://www.thebay.com/product/hotel-co ... 89254.html
I can also vouch for the linked duvet. First duvet I've ever purchased and this one is awesome.
Feb 2, 2011
109 posts
118 upvotes
Markham, ON
thanks OP! I grabbed the Hotel Collection one
Don't spend two dollars on drying clean a shirt. Donate it to the Salvation Army instead. They'll clean it and put it on a hanger. Next morning, buy it back for seventy-five cents.
Sep 14, 2006
253 posts
70 upvotes
Has anyone seen the price of this hotel collection one go lower than $180?
Nov 24, 2018
73 posts
25 upvotes
cleanvibe wrote: Has anyone seen the price of this hotel collection one go lower than $180?
It was around $153
Aug 28, 2013
232 posts
150 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Hows Synthetic compared to real Down? Just wondering.
Aug 19, 2011
303 posts
59 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks OP, in for the Hotel Collection one as well. It had great reviews elsewhere on the web too.
Jul 13, 2016
309 posts
366 upvotes
Pulled trigger on queen duvet. Can’t wait for the Fairmont experience in my bed.

Now, just waiting for Fairmont bathrobes.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
9097 posts
7419 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
No specs on how warm this is? Fill power?
Is this for summer? Winter?
Jun 18, 2015
533 posts
815 upvotes
Toronto, ON
modman wrote: I can also vouch for the linked duvet. First duvet I've ever purchased and this one is awesome.
But you have no reference point. That’s like saying the first and only person you’ve slept with is the best.
Jun 7, 2007
795 posts
318 upvotes
Richmond Hill
winenaught88 wrote: But you have no reference point. That’s like saying the first and only person you’ve slept with is the best.
And also the worst.
Dec 24, 2011
382 posts
660 upvotes
East, Canada
What’s the tog number of the down alternative duvet?
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
2107 posts
1349 upvotes
modman wrote: I can also vouch for the linked duvet. First duvet I've ever purchased and this one is awesome.
winenaught88 wrote: But you have no reference point. That’s like saying the first and only person you’ve slept with is the best.
Poster said the first purchased duvet. So going with your analogy, the comment was on the first paid experience, he/she could have gotten a lot of other experiences elsewhere for free. :twisted:

Back to the original deal though, how does the Fairmont compare to the hotel collection? Everyone is saying how good the hotel collection but very little feedback on this one...
Aug 8, 2020
272 posts
94 upvotes
Face With Tears Of Joy Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Tightly-closed Eyes Lolz I had to read this twice to see if we're talking about duvets.
Jul 12, 2011
178 posts
177 upvotes
Toronto
So is the fairmount for $100-$120 that people are getting or the hotel collection at $180-$220 is a better deal?