Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Bay

Black Brown 1826 Men's Dress shirts $29.99 and under

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 15th, 2016 8:03 pm
Aug 2, 2016
387 posts
445 upvotes

[The Bay] Black Brown 1826 Men's Dress shirts $29.99 and under

Using code "VIP" at checkout for 25% off, these dress shirts are now $29.99 and under.
Remember ebates (5% right now)

Black Brown 1826 is a brand created by Joseph Abboud according to wiki.
Slim fit is the slimmest. Then there's Fitted and Classic. Currently there's a good selection of sizes.

The quality is good imo. They are non-iron and use Egyptian cotton (80s two-ply), thick plastic buttons, lined collars with collar stays, single needle stitching with triangular gussets on the side seams, split yoke and pattern matching.

Their regular price is $59 and frequently on sale for $50 each if you buy two. But now there are shirts for $39.99 which become $29.99 after the code "VIP". This is one of the better deals so far.
Buy several styles or sizes for free shipping. Returns to any store within 30 days (longer if you use HBC Mastercard).

Link (I applied Filters hopefully it works. Otherwise just search Men's Dress shirts and filter by the brand):
http://www.thebay.com/webapp/wcs/stores ... 8571287940

Using code "VIP" at checkout for 25% off, these dress shirts are now $29.99 and under.
Remember ebates (5% right now)
Last edited by jtsc88 on Nov 8th, 2016 12:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
57 replies
Jul 12, 2015
447 posts
567 upvotes
What's the difference between slim vs fitted? They are both described as narrow/slender shoulders. What if you are a guy with wide shoulders and no beer gut. Which fit should I be getting?
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2011
4485 posts
2119 upvotes
AlexiRos wrote: What's the difference between slim vs fitted? They are both described as narrow/slender shoulders. What if you are a guy with wide shoulders and no beer gut. Which fit should I be getting?
+1
same question here.

I'll be getting them adjusted at a tailor also :/ no shirts ever fitted me. 6'3'' 200lbs - big shoulders, no belly
Dec 5, 2004
502 posts
607 upvotes
The classic fit tends to "mushroom" around the waist. If you lay the shirt flat on an ironing table it will be straight from the armpit down to the waist.

The fitted shirts narrow in slightly and tend to be shorter in length. They tend to tuck in the pants just under the beltline.

The slim are for the lean men ... probably 32 waist and smaller.

The 1670 brand is in my opinion is a slim (in every way ... neck, waist, chest, short length).

The Sondergaard brand fit nice, but shrink incredibly after a few washes.
Mar 20, 2016
24 posts
65 upvotes
Is there anyway I can get a VIP code if I'm not a VIP?

Nov 19, 2013
53 posts
24 upvotes
Burnaby
Thanks OP! Just bought 9 shirts... been waiting for this!
Aug 2, 2016
387 posts
445 upvotes
AlexiRos wrote: What's the difference between slim vs fitted? They are both described as narrow/slender shoulders. What if you are a guy with wide shoulders and no beer gut. Which fit should I be getting?
Slim is slightly more tapered at the waist and slightly smaller armholes compared to the fitted, but nothing's extreme with Black Brown brand.
I don't think that slim fit is necessary for guys with small waist below 32 inches. It's all proportional so if you order a size up, the waist size will go up also.
Aug 2, 2016
387 posts
445 upvotes
golf888 wrote: Thanks OP! Just bought 9 shirts... been waiting for this!
I know, me too. I usually watch them go from being $50 each, then $39.99, $34.99, and then painfully $24.99 but by then there's usually no more sizes left!
And if you go to the store, it's very YMMV whether the cashier matches the online clearance price....
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2011
1280 posts
492 upvotes
I bought 5 shirts myself, I normally don't swear by brands but at $30/shirt these are a great value and they have nice colors/patterns
Aug 2, 2016
387 posts
445 upvotes
ChrisZ769141 wrote: Is there anyway I can get a VIP code if I'm not a VIP?

Sorry I wasn't being too clear in my original post. What I meant to say is you should enter the code, "VIP", at checkout to get 25% off.
BTW if you guys find other stuff, "VIP" also saves 25% off that too FYI.
Dec 13, 2013
369 posts
222 upvotes
Whitby, ON
Most of the sizes for slim are gone... unless you have a size 17"+ neck size.
May 1, 2015
76 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Do they have a "generic" fit for people who are really slim, but have broad shoulders and neck? I hate not being able to wear a tie because the top button will choke me, and the next size up is really loose on me in the body area. I can't be the only one with this problem. Is my only option to just get the shirts custom tailored?
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2012
1071 posts
2378 upvotes
Can you return clearance items at The Bay?
2010-2023 Contest Winnings = $0
Sep 8, 2006
315 posts
82 upvotes
Vancouver
How is the quality of this brand in comparison to Banana Republic dress shirts?
Jul 27, 2008
486 posts
599 upvotes
jtsc88 wrote:
I know, me too. I usually watch them go from being $50 each, then $39.99, $34.99, and then painfully $24.99 but by then there's usually no more sizes left!
And if you go to the store, it's very YMMV whether the cashier matches the online clearance price....
This is exactly what I do. They rarely go on sale like this except for clearance.
This is the only brand of dress shirt I buy now. Good styles, great fit, good quality and long lasting.
A good opportunity to try the brand at a great price.

Thanks OP
Dec 18, 2013
356 posts
186 upvotes
Vancouver
Does the Bay have any comparable "no brainer" brand of pants, preferably fairly comfortable and low maintenance? I generally wear the cotton chinos or whatever they're called from Banana Republic, but they're not overly professional looking, but I find full on dress pants uncomfortable (although I may be imagining that).
Jun 30, 2008
99 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto
How are these compared to the Calvin Klein dress shirts?
Mar 11, 2012
338 posts
51 upvotes
I have 8 of these shirts from The Bay -- some fitted and some slim. They're great for every day wear. The slim fit is actually not all that slim, as I can get away with wearing them despite my stomach. In fact, I have received several complements with my slim shirts, but none with my fitted shirts. So, I recommend people to buy both slim and fitted fits, try both on, and return the ones that they don't like. Stick with the slimmer of the two if possible -- it just looks better.
Dec 24, 2014
324 posts
668 upvotes
Toronto, ON
kxs250 wrote: How is the quality of this brand in comparison to Banana Republic dress shirts?
+1 if anyone can comment. I normally wear slim fit from BR, but they discontinued that line and I have no idea where to buy a shirt that fits similar to that and hope this is it.