Expired Hot Deals

[The Bay] Breville Bambino $289.99 or Bambino Plus Espresso Machine $399.99 with coupon

• Last Updated:
  • May 10th, 2021 1:04 am
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
14337 posts
8202 upvotes
Southern Ontario

[The Bay] Breville Bambino $289.99 or Bambino Plus Espresso Machine $399.99 with coupon

Last edited by AncasterRFD on May 1st, 2021 4:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Thread Summary
Looking for more options? Check out RFD Reviews' list of the best espresso machines!
147 replies
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
10162 posts
2788 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Only champagne and blue in stock, I wonder if they'll get more stock before the end of the sale, on the 29th?
Does anyone know if they'll retroactively apply GC? There's a deal on ebay $85 for $100, also, will they let us exchange colors lol?

Dang I could have saved another $10

Btw GCR have 4% CB

Stock in store seems to be going fast as well, pretty much sold out around Montreal.
Dec 29, 2017
571 posts
489 upvotes
Love mine, use it every day. Get the cheap cleaning tabs and run a blank first shot to heat it up before you use it.
Apr 22, 2021
2 posts
3 upvotes
I love this machine, have had it for a month though, so no issues so far, pretty much set it and forget it

I have read reviews on the bay say that they've received obviously used/returned machines, might be something to look out for, I bought from best buy and mine was new
Apr 22, 2021
2 posts
3 upvotes
Worth noting that two reviews say they received a used product. Gross lol

I bought from best buy a month ago and have had a positive experience so far :) great intro espresso machine, James Hoffman mentions it in his best espresso <$500 video, pretty much set and forget and makes good espresso in my experience :)
Jan 22, 2015
485 posts
557 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Had this a few months now , Great straight forward machine.
The coffees I get from this are as good if not better than the retutable coffee places around me.
Nov 19, 2016
74 posts
59 upvotes
I paid the same in January 2020, and with the pandemic it turned into one of the best purchases I’ve ever made. Pick up the Smart Grinder Pro (also on sale) and you’ll be all set. Also, I recently upgraded my tamper (got a 53 mm HENDR on Amazon) and it’s made a HUGE difference in the consistency of my shots. Kicking Horse Cliff Hanger Espresso and Ethical Bean Sweet Espresso have been my go-to for decent “cheap” beans - they can be found for under $10 a pound pretty easily.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2003
1955 posts
259 upvotes
This thing is the best. Stock is a huge issue on these during the pandemic- especially when it hits the 399 sale price. Grab whatever colour you can get if you need one.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
14337 posts
8202 upvotes
Southern Ontario
jbldeals wrote: I paid the same in January 2020, and with the pandemic it turned into one of the best purchases I’ve ever made. Pick up the Smart Grinder Pro (also on sale) and you’ll be all set. Also, I recently upgraded my tamper (got a 53 mm HENDR on Amazon) and it’s made a HUGE difference in the consistency of my shots. Kicking Horse Cliff Hanger Espresso and Ethical Bean Sweet Espresso have been my go-to for decent “cheap” beans - they can be found for under $10 a pound pretty easily.
Thanks! Previous deal/discussion.

Link: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08CXH ... UTF8&psc=1

Also HENDR bottomless: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08NDJ ... UTF8&psc=1

Note to readers you're less likely to need those if you plan to use the included pressurized basket; especially if your grinds lack some consistency, you wouldn't want to use bottomless anyway due to water channeling.

And if you don't mind manual grinding for more stepped control, more consistency, no static etc https://www.reddit.com/r/Coffee/comment ... r_pro_for/
I ordered one from Rogue and got it the next day. Same price as a SGP, it's not hard to use at all and I find it satisfying. Start at 18 (one full rotation past 10, then dial at 8), adjust as needed per their grind settings.

Jan 31, 2020
45 posts
49 upvotes
Please remember that the non 'plus' version is also available for $299 and in stainless steel. The difference being the plus can auto froth milk and turn off when the sensor senses it's complete, and the regular doesnt have the sensor so you'll need to turn off manually.

Also a suggestion is to get a non-pressurized basket if you're serious about espresso as it comes with a pressurized.
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
10162 posts
2788 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Regular bambino can also do hot water
Apr 13, 2004
890 posts
524 upvotes
Any one have this machine for over year and can comment on how it's holding up?
Most of the mixed opinions I've read seem centered around durability.
Heatware (11-0-0)
Spongeboy
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
14337 posts
8202 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Difference between Bambino and Bambino Plus (go Plus for 4 hole steam wand if you like caps/lattes, go regular if you like Americano's and instant hot water add, wand is single hole)

Dec 7, 2007
138 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
@spongeboy I've had mine for just over a year. I make 2-3 coffee drinks daily. I've run a few cleaning cycles, and did a good manual clean of the steam wand. No leaks and no problems with the machine!
Nov 19, 2016
74 posts
59 upvotes
mvrana wrote: @jbldeals Which HENDR tamper did you get?
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B08CXH74N ... asin_title

When I open new beans, I play around with the grind size and time of grind to hit about 17-18 grams. I then play with the tamper to make sure it tamps to the right level for the machine. Then I leave these settings for those beans and I find it’s a pretty consistent shot (I make flat whites and lattes).
Nov 24, 2016
485 posts
568 upvotes
Perhaps a really dumb question... I use a Nespresso gen 1 at home. That may have to go to work with me. Was thinking of getting the exact same thing to replace the one at home.... Now I see this.

What's the per coffee cost for this (ignore the initial cost). I just want to know roughly how much each coffee costs compared to the pods that I use.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
5783 posts
2022 upvotes
Toronto
Can someone help me figure out what I should buy?

- I only drink coffee occasionally, let's say average once every 2 or 3 days
- I want good tasting coffee, but I don't need anything too fancy
- I don't want to spend too much time preparing and cleaning up, but I also don't need the coffee in 2 minutes
- I looked into Nespresso capsules and Keurig Kcups, but articles I read turned me off them as the coffee that comes out of them isn't very good apparently
- ability to make a good espresso as well as a good "normal" cup of coffee would be good
- should be under $150 (don't mind buying used)

What are the best options for that?
Last edited by fightbriz on Apr 24th, 2021 1:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.