Expired Hot Deals

[The Bay] Breville Bambino Espresso Machine $249.99 with coupon ($399.99)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 26th, 2021 2:33 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
14620 posts
8744 upvotes
Southern Ontario

[The Bay] Breville Bambino Espresso Machine $249.99 with coupon ($399.99)

https://www.thebay.com/product/breville ... lor=SILVER
Use coupon SUMMER for $50 off (expires midnight)

Rakuten 2.5% cashback
63 replies
Jun 19, 2016
24 posts
44 upvotes
If you sign up for The Bay's Mastercard, you can get an additional 15% off in Neo Financial cashback rewards, which would make the Bambino cost you only ~$210 after the $50 off coupon! Probably the best deal you can get on this machine. I got a Bambino a few months and love it dearly.
Nov 28, 2016
164 posts
139 upvotes
Not sure if you can check out though. If you do direct search on Bays website, you won’t be able to find this Bambino listed. I been checking the Bays website hoping to find the Breville Grinder to no avail
Oct 4, 2016
326 posts
557 upvotes
AncasterRFD wrote:
Use coupon SUMMER for $50 off (expires midnight)
Can the coupon SUMMER be used for other items? If so what is the minimum amount before the $50 applies?
Feb 11, 2007
254 posts
608 upvotes
Markham
Minimum $200 purchase required to get the $50 discount
Dec 2, 2020
120 posts
188 upvotes
This machine is kinda messy. You need to wipe everytime you use it
Jun 30, 2019
508 posts
925 upvotes
dang bought at 290 last time, good price now
Sep 3, 2017
420 posts
657 upvotes
Vancouver
Mobile site blows. Can’t even get past the email subscription page
Jun 12, 2020
86 posts
31 upvotes
WeimarRepublic wrote: This machine is kinda messy. You need to wipe everytime you use it
Can you elaborate a bit more please?
And apart from the cleaning, is it a decent machine for $250?
Aug 18, 2007
306 posts
161 upvotes
Now feel sorry for ordering Bambino plus from tanguay for 325. Hope that plus worth well 100$
Jun 30, 2019
508 posts
925 upvotes
s12345 wrote: Now feel sorry for ordering Bambino plus from tanguay for 325. Hope that plus worth well 100$
From the reviews I've seen, that 100 more is not worth it, depends on the person tho
Aug 10, 2005
519 posts
22 upvotes
Chatham
ordered thanks, weird no tax, so $249.99 total,
i've been looking at this for a while, didn't want to spend more to become a barista.
I like espresso so this seems to offer the quality without the complexity of a gaggia or rancilio
Last edited by kamran on Jun 23rd, 2021 10:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nov 27, 2010
46 posts
24 upvotes
for those who got it in the last deal, how is it so far?
Jan 10, 2013
381 posts
210 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
pewlykertor wrote: Can you elaborate a bit more please?
And apart from the cleaning, is it a decent machine for $250?
You won't find a better machine for $250. I have a breville dual boiler, and it's a great machine. As for "messy" - it's hot water and steam and fine coffee grinds, ya there's gonna be some drips and stuff, every time I use my machine it needs a wipe off here or there, it's part of the enjoyment of a good coffee. It takes 60 seconds while your Americano is cooling. A proper cleaning once in a while (weekly for me, less for others) is important, too.l, so get some calfiza espresso cleaner, soak your baskets and backflush your system with it.

Alllllso since I'm already rambling, buy the best grinder you can afford. I went through three before finally getting a Eureka specialita mignon. Consistent results and control on grind is important. I weigh and time every shot, as the beans age and dry I can keep my shots dialed in exactly how I like. Plus any time you try a new bag of very expensive beans, a cheaper grinder takes far too long to "dial in" your grind.

Get the best grinder you can afford. You will grow with your espresso maker and upgrade it a time or two, but a good grinder will stay with you forever.
Aug 18, 2007
306 posts
161 upvotes
The main advantage of Bambino Plus is better steam for milk, automated frothing, though for 100$ or less one can buy Nespresso Aerochino. Among the other advantages are darker finishes, larger tank, higher pressure and possibility to upgrade to single wall basket. Basic Bambino has a hot water feature, useful for those who do not have a kettle, but I already have one.
Last edited by s12345 on Jun 24th, 2021 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
14620 posts
8744 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Buckbo1604 wrote: for those who got it in the last deal, how is it so far?
I have the Bambino Plus, same as Bambino but with auto milk frother which isn’t really needed. My wife loves my lattes/cappuccinos and doesn’t go to Starbucks anymore. I make espresso for myself, affogato, and enjoy mochas out of it. I also recently bought a Margaritaville and make my own Ice Caps.

I use a JX-Pro manual grinder and it’s consistent like an Eureka electric. I also use a 3rd party non-pressurized basket instead of the stock one, and it takes about 17g. I can usually get a non-channeling tiger stripe flow with nice crema. These are Ethical Lush organic beans and the grinds top right are excellent, the grinder is really the most important tool over the machine as said above:

I do hope whoever ordered gets their machine. I have ordered items from The Bay the same way, was not listed in search but a google link was available.
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2006
3721 posts
769 upvotes
nathanf wrote: You won't find a better machine for $250. I have a breville dual boiler, and it's a great machine. As for "messy" - it's hot water and steam and fine coffee grinds, ya there's gonna be some drips and stuff, every time I use my machine it needs a wipe off here or there, it's part of the enjoyment of a good coffee. It takes 60 seconds while your Americano is cooling. A proper cleaning once in a while (weekly for me, less for others) is important, too.l, so get some calfiza espresso cleaner, soak your baskets and backflush your system with it.

Alllllso since I'm already rambling, buy the best grinder you can afford. I went through three before finally getting a Eureka specialita mignon. Consistent results and control on grind is important. I weigh and time every shot, as the beans age and dry I can keep my shots dialed in exactly how I like. Plus any time you try a new bag of very expensive beans, a cheaper grinder takes far too long to "dial in" your grind.

Get the best grinder you can afford. You will grow with your espresso maker and upgrade it a time or two, but a good grinder will stay with you forever.
Thanks for the informative post. Every time I want to go down this path, I need to re-think how lazy I want to be.
s12345 wrote: The main advantage is better steam for milk, though for 100$ or less one can easily by Nespresso aerochino and do not have to master manual frothing
save the money on the aeroccino. It can't be submerged so I think it's a pita to wash. Maybe my coffee is low brow but my fam microwaves the milk and uses a cheap hand frother https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/milk ... lk+frother. It was on sale for < $5. Give it a rinse with hot hot water and it's easy peasy to clean
Jun 19, 2016
24 posts
44 upvotes
Even if you simply use cheap Lavazza (or other brands) bricks of preground espresso, I find the Bambino still makes great coffee. At $3 to $6 per brick, you can get around 14 double shots, which means a cup of coffee only costs $0.20 to $0.40. The manual frothing wand works great for me, I use a metal milk frothing pitcher and it works well. The regular Bambino also can dispense hot water, making it really easy to do americanos/long blacks in a minute. Tbh my only regret with the Bambino is that I'm embarassed to go out for coffee with a friend now bc I'm too cheap to pay for cafe coffee when I can make my own!