Expired Hot Deals

The Bay

Breville Bambino Espresso Machine $249.99 with coupon ($399.99)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 26th, 2021 2:33 pm
Jan 22, 2015
533 posts
680 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Have the Bambino Plus -
Honestly love the automatic milk frother option on a busy morning.
It's way better than the Nespresso milk frother or a whisk
Grinder does make a huge difference as everyone mentions.
I went with the Capresso I got on sale for $100 from a delonghi kg89, even that small upgrade made a huge difference in grinds.
Beans make such a difference as well, getting the right roast and flavour profile for you tastebuds.

Coffee I get out of this is as good as if not better than any of the good coffee shops I goto.
Apr 27, 2012
832 posts
670 upvotes
Ottawa
nathanf wrote: BDB+Mignon is what I am using, too. I started with the Smart grinder pro because "surely $250 for a grinder is enough"

It wasn't.
This is the RFD combo.
Sep 23, 2012
199 posts
170 upvotes
White Rock BC
"Surely $250 for a grinder is enough" is not a RFD motto. It might be "I didn't know I needed it before RFD."
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2009
1159 posts
796 upvotes
Montreal
s12345 wrote: Now feel sorry for ordering Bambino plus from tanguay for 325. Hope that plus worth well 100$
I’ll venture yes if you make milk based drinks. Bigger water tank and you have temperature control on the steam wand. A few accessories extra (dosing tool and frothing jug)
Nov 27, 2010
52 posts
41 upvotes
AncasterRFD wrote: I have the Bambino Plus, same as Bambino but with auto milk frother which isn’t really needed. My wife loves my lattes/cappuccinos and doesn’t go to Starbucks anymore. I make espresso for myself, affogato, and enjoy mochas out of it. I also recently bought a Margaritaville and make my own Ice Caps.

I use a JX-Pro manual grinder and it’s consistent like an Eureka electric. I also use a 3rd party non-pressurized basket instead of the stock one, and it takes about 17g. I can usually get a non-channeling tiger stripe flow with nice crema. These are Ethical Lush organic beans and the grinds top right are excellent, the grinder is really the most important tool over the machine as said above:

I do hope whoever ordered gets their machine. I have ordered items from The Bay the same way, was not listed in search but a google link was available.
thank you for the insight. I did read your reply in the last deal. As always very informative.

I have the jx pro so I’ll try your rotation set up.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
14822 posts
9092 upvotes
Southern Ontario
shawnie53 wrote: Going a bit off topic here but just pulled a shot from my Dual Boiler with Smart Grinder Pro (single wall, 1 shot (smaller portafilter) and I’m wondering if you experts have any tips based on what you see here. Not seeing the zebra lines as in other videos.

https://streamable.com/96t2ah

Thanks!
Channelling, the water is finding the least resistance then branching into the middle and tunnelling out

- grinds may need more consistency
- watch the WDT video above, you can make one out of cork and paper clips (or buy one)
- even tamping with a set and forget distributor/tamp (off Amazon)

Nov 3, 2003
559 posts
172 upvotes
Knowhere
I love these hot deals about espresso. Very informative!

Might as well get a really good grinder and espresso machine if buying this. As one poster said, you'll eventually get there LOL
I'm an AT&T Customer 😉
Apr 27, 2012
832 posts
670 upvotes
Ottawa
vistokid wrote: Just got shipping confirmation on mine.

Ordered this grinder, I'm a rookie so any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.costco.ca/cuisinart-conical ... 46616.html
I think you may have some trouble with that grinder making consistent espresso. Try it out, if it doesn't work then return it. I would shoot for maybe the breville smart grinder pro or a manual hand grinder that does espresso.
Sep 7, 2003
818 posts
335 upvotes
benzylique wrote: I think you may have some trouble with that grinder making consistent espresso. Try it out, if it doesn't work then return it. I would shoot for maybe the breville smart grinder pro or a manual hand grinder that does espresso.
Thanks! I would love the breville smart grinder, but the price difference is quite significant.
Mar 2, 2015
293 posts
414 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I find that the single shot 58mm basket on the dual boiler isn’t that great as it acts as a funnel. Any recommendations for a single shot (single wall) basket?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
14822 posts
9092 upvotes
Southern Ontario
vistokid wrote: Thanks! I would love the breville smart grinder, but the price difference is quite significant.
You might be ok, the included pressurized basket is forgiving and forces water through two holes, not through a whole bunch of small holes like a bottomless portafilter (top):

You just won't be able to tweak taste as well with less consistent grinds. But if it comes out in the green zone, sweet and not too bitter or sour, it's really all that matters until you start craving finer nuances of espresso taste, getting fresh beans from a roaster etc. Milk based drinks also drown out off tasting espresso, especially if you add sugar/syrups.

Sep 7, 2003
818 posts
335 upvotes
AncasterRFD wrote: You might be ok, the included pressurized basket is forgiving and forces water through two holes, not through a whole bunch of small holes like a bottomless portafilter (top):

You just won't be able to tweak taste as well with less consistent grinds. But if it comes out in the green zone, sweet and not too bitter or sour, it's really all that matters until you start craving finer nuances of espresso taste, getting fresh beans from a roaster etc. Milk based drinks also drown out off tasting espresso, especially if you add sugar/syrups.

Thanks for this!

The grinder does have espresso settings on it. Is there a reason why you guys wouldn’t think it would do a good enough job?
Aug 10, 2005
519 posts
22 upvotes
Chatham
i got shipping confirmation, and also no tax on my visa, surprised.
did you pay tax?
vistokid wrote: Thanks OP! Ordered one last night. No shipping confirmation yet.

For those of you with a time machine, it seems like this was cheaper back in November.

the-bay-breville-bambino-automatic-espr ... e-2423349/

Also, I had to use OPs link to find it last night but now I can find it on my browser. Strange. Still in stock.
Sep 7, 2003
818 posts
335 upvotes
kamran wrote: i got shipping confirmation, and also no tax on my visa, surprised.
did you pay tax?
I was charged tax.
Sep 7, 2003
818 posts
335 upvotes
benzylique wrote: I think you may have some trouble with that grinder making consistent espresso. Try it out, if it doesn't work then return it. I would shoot for maybe the breville smart grinder pro or a manual hand grinder that does espresso.
Ended up ordering a Breville Smart Pro, what do you guys think of this one?

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/br ... t/14867120