Expired Hot Deals

[The Bay] Breville Bambino Plus espresso machine - $339.99 (after coupon code)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 17th, 2020 7:36 pm
[OP]
Aug 17, 2008
859 posts
419 upvotes
SASKATOON

[The Bay] Breville Bambino Plus espresso machine - $339.99 (after coupon code)

Unlike the express and other models you will need a separate grinder for with this. You don’t get the convenience of having a built in grinder but you get to pair it with a decent stand alone grinder. Use the code flash today only, I also found a $20 gift card from the bay from the 50$ nest hello event, use that if you haven’t. I already have the Philips 3100 but this will be for my lazy days.
Images
  • bambino.jpg
Last edited by TomRFD on Apr 8th, 2020 10:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: added an image
52 replies
Nov 19, 2016
57 posts
45 upvotes
I bought this machine in early January for $399 - 10%. I’ve been really happy with it! True, you have to pick up a separate grinder. But it’s a great starter espresso machine.
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
11181 posts
1290 upvotes
The express is also on "sale" but I can't seem to add the FLASH code to that order.

SInce they are on sale here, I hope they go on sale at Bedbathbeyond soon
Nov 13, 2013
405 posts
193 upvotes
Quebec
jbldeals wrote: I bought this machine in early January for $399 - 10%. I’ve been really happy with it! True, you have to pick up a separate grinder. But it’s a great starter espresso machine.
Same here! And you can adjust/reprogram the amount of coffee for each button. I prefer long shot so I configured it to use more water.
May 5, 2011
62 posts
62 upvotes
Fredericton, NB
You should edit your post OP to indicate it's $339 with the promo code to make it clear. Seems like a good deal!
May 5, 2017
415 posts
139 upvotes
Even at this price you're better off paying more and getting a gaggia classic
Deal Addict
May 1, 2011
1747 posts
2283 upvotes
Halifax
elgordito wrote: Even at this price you're better off paying more and getting a gaggia classic
why?
May 5, 2017
415 posts
139 upvotes
tdracer wrote: why?
It is made using parts that real espresso machines use like normal size porta filters, and you can mod it to install a pid to have proper temperature control for example.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2011
1747 posts
2283 upvotes
Halifax
elgordito wrote: It is made using parts that real espresso machines use like normal size porta filters, and you can mod it to install a pid to have proper temperature control for example.
ok, forget I asked. I will just chalk it up to another 'buy this' instead. If they were the same price, I can see your point but not sure when a quick search shows them $200 more. With that logic you might as well buy just a commercial espresso machine. I guess, imho, if you are going to suggest buying another item that is significantly more then the advantages should make up for the cost difference.
May 5, 2006
667 posts
293 upvotes
Toronto
I just got the Infuser a couple days ago, but was debating hard between the Bambino and Infuser. The Bambino at this price is a good deal for sure!

Also just used the code to get the Breville Smart Grinder Pro at The Bay for $203 before tax. I know it's not the cheapest but not a bad price.
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
11181 posts
1290 upvotes
elgordito wrote: The gaggia classic is a real espresso machine, that is my point. But enjoy this one, if you've never had proper espresso you'll never know what you're missing out on. I'm sure this machine is great for people like you.
So condescending I love it.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2011
1747 posts
2283 upvotes
Halifax
elgordito wrote: The gaggia classic is a real espresso machine, that is my point. But enjoy this one, if you've never had proper espresso you'll never know what you're missing out on. I'm sure this machine is great for people like you.
OK, thanks for the helpful info. I will have to do research then to see if i have ever had a real espresso. I wonder if there are any places where I could buy an espresso to see if I even like them. Maybe like a coffee shop but that sells espresso.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
4466 posts
2878 upvotes
Edmonton
A machine that makes espresso with coffee grounds pressed into a portafilter is a REAL espresso machine. Honestly, these entry level breville machines with built in PID are much better to start off with. Machines like Gaggia Classic and Rancilio Silvia are finickier, and harder to dial in. For a lot of people, its frustrating enough to give up on the hobby before they even get to experience the joy of making a good espresso for themselves. Fresh beans, practice and patience makes a good espresso, not the machine.

The Classic, Sillvia and others like them offer better repairability, reliability and compatibility with 3rd party parts. Those are not the defining features of a "real" vs "fake" espresso.
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
May 5, 2017
415 posts
139 upvotes
fatestkid wrote: A machine that makes espresso with coffee grounds pressed into a portafilter is a REAL espresso machine. Honestly, these entry level breville machines with built in PID are much better to start off with. Machines like Gaggia Classic and Rancilio Silvia are finickier, and harder to dial in. For a lot of people, its frustrating enough to give up on the hobby before they even get to experience the joy of making a good espresso for themselves. Fresh beans, practice and patience makes a good espresso, not the machine.

The Classic, Sillvia and others like them offer better repairability, reliability and compatibility with 3rd party parts. Those are not the defining features of a "real" vs "fake" espresso.
I might be old fashioned but I still prefer to invest on machines that can be repaired and kept going for a long time and you can even upgrade them yourself when the time comes. These are machines you can grow with, instead of a virtually disposable machine that people never end up repairing when something goes wrong. Landfill and the world thank you for that I guess.

In the grand scheme of things another $200 is nothing for a machine one can keep and use for 5-10 years. Ultimately people do have different buying patterns, most don't buy for the long run, they are planning on a shorter time span. Whatever works for each person.

Look I'm not anti breville, they make the double boiler and the barista is great until you get the itch to get a better grinder. That said, they are a pain to repair but less so than their other offerings.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
4466 posts
2878 upvotes
Edmonton
elgordito wrote: I might be old fashioned but I still prefer to invest on machines that can be repaired and kept going for a long time and you can even upgrade them yourself when the time comes. These are machines you can grow with, instead of a virtually disposable machine that people never end up repairing when something goes wrong. Landfill and the world thank you for that I guess.

In the grand scheme of things another $200 is nothing for a machine one can keep and use for 5-10 years. Ultimately people do have different buying patterns, most don't buy for the long run, they are planning on a shorter time span. Whatever works for each person.

Look I'm not anti breville, they make the double boiler and the barista is great until you get the itch to get a better grinder. That said, they are a pain to repair but less so than their other offerings.
I agree with almost everything you said in this message. I would spend $200 more on an equivalent machine that is more repairable. I don't like sending things to landfill. However, there is an art to educating others when you are knowledgeable. Your previous messages and "Landfill and the world thank you for that I guess", are not productive.

My point was that the Breville machines are easier to learn on and less finicky. To get a more repairable machine with PID, the difference is a lot more than $200. My express barista with regular maintenance is running solid after 4 years, with daily use. I know it'll be harder to repair when it breaks.

We all buy laptops and phones that are not repairable but there is a whole alternate industry to recycle them. There is a market for both types of espresso machines.
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals