Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Bay

Breville Pizzaiolo $879.97

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 13th, 2021 11:31 pm
Jun 10, 2003
837 posts
683 upvotes
You don’t factor in families. In my household with 2 boys, I make 2-4 pizzas at a time in our ooni pro. When we have company we make more. Also the choice of ingredients are really nice to have; pear/blue cheese/kale/honey is a nice combo, or artichoke and prosciutto. Can’t get those at Dominos.
KhajitGotWares wrote: Let's do the math.

Total cost after tax is roughly $1000

If you have one pizza per week at $10 (because we're deal hunters and that would be my budget)
and let's assume when making your own pizza, the ingredients cost $5,
then each time you make a pizza you save $5.

$1000/5 = 200. That's 200 weeks of pizza. 52 weeks pear year, so to save $1000 and have the oven "pay for itself", you must make one pizza per week for roughly 4 years.

Will the product hold up for 4 years? Manufacturer's webpage says it only comes with a 2-year warranty.
https://www.breville.com/us/en/products ... pz820.html
Images
  • C19DDF51-DB34-4753-92B3-40422FFE186E.jpeg
  • 31A49AD5-6046-4CF2-B98B-7B8083A51F48.jpeg
Last edited by danomed on Oct 12th, 2021 2:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jul 13, 2007
425 posts
402 upvotes
Vancouver

If you have one pizza per week at $10 (because we're deal hunters and that would be my budget)

$1000/5 = 200. That's 200 weeks of pizza. 52 weeks pear year, so to save $1000 and have the oven "pay for itself", you must make one pizza per week for roughly 4 years.

Will the product hold up for 4 years? Manufacturer's webpage says it only comes with a 2-year warranty.
Maybe 10$/week isn’t other peoples budget - doesn’t negate the deal.

Can you get the same multitude of styles, convenience, and quality of ingredients by ordering out/take out for 10$? Doubtful. That bought pizza would probably cost more like 20-25$ with Neapolitan style and the premium ingredients that others are wanting to use… You’re comparing lower end pizzas to what this can make.

Can you show me where this product consistently fails at the 2-4 year mark ??

Plus - try getting that same pizza at 3am if you had a craving…

Do you get enjoyment out of your food first and foremost or does it have to make sense financially above all for you to enjoy it ?

Do you anxiously worry about when your devices will fail next?

Sounds like you’d be happier eating 5-10$ pizzas. This oven probably isn’t for you….
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
7599 posts
4409 upvotes
Toronto
Would you only make Neapolitan style pizza in this? You wouldn't use it to make a regular new york pepperoni pizza?
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2012
4723 posts
4223 upvotes
Toronto
I don’t think you spend $1000 on a pizza oven to save money on take out pizza.

We still buy lots of Libretto, and they actually make a good frozen pizza as well.

But I like doing up a dough over a couple of days every once in a while. It’s like owning a high end espresso machine. You still buy coffee when you’re out.

One of my more recent pies.
10BA2D56-5473-49B2-9045-2BEE1D057B48.jpeg
Jun 12, 2019
228 posts
84 upvotes
torontotim wrote: I don’t think you spend $1000 on a pizza oven to save money on take out pizza.

We still buy lots of Libretto, and they actually make a good frozen pizza as well.

But I like doing up a dough over a couple of days every once in a while. It’s like owning a high end espresso machine. You still buy coffee when you’re out.

One of my more recent pies.

10BA2D56-5473-49B2-9045-2BEE1D057B48.jpeg
Mind sharing your dough recipe?
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12274 posts
6065 upvotes
mitnek wrote: The most expensive part is the cheese and meats (dough and sauce is cheap), but you can make pizzas for less than $3.
when we make pizza it ends up costing us around $8 each but there delish.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Mar 2, 2015
471 posts
1157 upvotes
Montreal, QC
To all the haters this is expensive but awesome. Beats the heck out of any of the outdoor ovens (Ooni) since we live in 6 months of winter.

You’ll make great pizzas and be able to play with the ingredients. Have fun.
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2004
1214 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
Some credit cards double mfg. Warranty if you use them to pay .. ie, MasterCard. Check with your credit card company .. .. it's been a few years since we've had to use that warranty!
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2004
1214 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
I saw this type of machine for the very first time this morning on a CITYLINE repeat. Same mfg but it was round, top lifted up pizza was on a perforated pan, looked like a stone inside. Wanted one immediately except no space and figured convection oven good enough. was going to google cost & their pizza dough recipe later. But the one posted seems SO much better! I can think of several other uses for it other than pizza .. some may require a bit more oven height. Would still LOVE to own one!!

The best pizza in my opinion is the one you create with leftovers in your fridge! Definitely unique and one of a kind.
Sep 3, 2007
323 posts
160 upvotes
Toronto

You also forgot cost of power, & washing dishes in your calculations. That being said, I get the target market and that people aren't necessarily buying this to save money.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20190 posts
8259 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
A stone on the BBQ works great and doesn't take over the kitchen.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20190 posts
8259 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
beripari wrote: I saw this type of machine for the very first time this morning on a CITYLINE repeat. Same mfg but it was round, top lifted up pizza was on a perforated pan, looked like a stone inside. Wanted one immediately except no space and figured convection oven good enough. was going to google cost & their pizza dough recipe later. But the one posted seems SO much better! I can think of several other uses for it other than pizza .. some may require a bit more oven height. Would still LOVE to own one!!

The best pizza in my opinion is the one you create with leftovers in your fridge! Definitely unique and one of a kind.
I had that one once upon a time until I just got tired of it taking up room in the kitchen and left it at a friends cottage. These things are basically just a pizza stone and some standard heating elements, nothing particularly technically impressive or anything.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
3104 posts
1777 upvotes
Kingston
BinaryJay wrote: A stone on the BBQ works great and doesn't take over the kitchen.
My BBQ gets up to around 600ish quite easily, $20 stone preheated, make dough. Voila, perfect pizza . No way would I spend this much cash on a pizza maker.
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2004
1214 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
BinaryJay wrote: I had that one once upon a time until I just got tired of it taking up room in the kitchen and left it at a friends cottage. These things are basically just a pizza stone and some standard heating elements, nothing particularly technically impressive or anything.
I was ready to argue with you ... Until I realized you were absolutely right!! It's the "WOOD" oven taste I want which this won't provide. My oven goes to 550F, has the convection feature which we use almost exclusively and we have various stones. Have even turned it into a "steam" oven when baking sourdough.
Apr 13, 2010
329 posts
723 upvotes
echotango wrote: For a shade under a grand, I prefer to continue to tweak my procedure using maybe $100 in equipment until I have it perfect which I would suspect is equal what this purpose-built machine will do.
You can make great pizza with a stone and an oven, but it's not realistic to expect the same results from 5-10 minutes in an oven at up to 550°F (it's not going to be up to temp after opening the door to put the pizza in) as you'd get from 1-2 minutes at 750°F
KhajitGotWares wrote: $1000/5 = 200. That's 200 weeks of pizza. 52 weeks pear year, so to save $1000 and have the oven "pay for itself", you must make one pizza per week for roughly 4 years.
Right, don't buy this if you live alone, but many households would usually order or make 2-4 pizzas instead. In rural households, there also isn't anywhere you can buy a single pizza from for $10, good or otherwise. If you're going to crank out 4 pizzas each time, it'll pay for itself within a year, and the results are in a class of their own unless you happen to have a good pizzeria nearby.

Thanks OP!
Apr 19, 2007
319 posts
98 upvotes
York
Thanks OP!
We've had one since last Christmas, have used it every Saturday night since.
Making 8-10 each time (depending upon who's there).
We have a BGEgg XL and used to make very good pizzas on a stone, but haven't since getting this unit.
At this amazing price, ordered one for a gift.
May 25, 2021
194 posts
562 upvotes
Reviews are saying the stone breaks.
I wouldn't buy it.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
3730 posts
4133 upvotes
Montreal, QC
beripari wrote: Some credit cards double mfg. Warranty if you use them to pay .. ie, MasterCard. Check with your credit card company .. .. it's been a few years since we've had to use that warranty!
Yes they double, but typically to a max of 1 extra year.
S1 wrote: ...
Right, don't buy this if you live alone, but many households would usually order or make 2-4 pizzas instead. In rural households, there also isn't anywhere you can buy a single pizza from for $10, good or otherwise. If you're going to crank out 4 pizzas each time, it'll pay for itself within a year, and the results are in a class of their own unless you happen to have a good pizzeria nearby.

Thanks OP!
Absolutely agree. cheap cardboard pizza (like pizza pizza or dominos) can be had for $10 or less.. But GOOD pizza is well above $10. Local place which makes awesome pizza, ends up costing me $17 (regular price) for a 12" and worth every penny. But when we want to eat as a family, it ends up costing me close to $70+ each time (so not cheap). Making pizza at home can be pricy also depending on ingredients, but will surely cut down the price.

For me the holdback is having WAY too many single purpose gadgets and not much counter space. And I hate constantly storing things. Guess I need to convert another room to a gadget room extension of my kitchen :)
Mar 2, 2015
471 posts
1157 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Avocado333 wrote: Reviews are saying the stone breaks.
I wouldn't buy it.
That was the first release with the ovular stone, which was changed around 2018. The new version has a circular stone which seems more robust. Mine (circular stone) has been solid for 3 years and I use it at least twice a week.
Apr 20, 2021
495 posts
695 upvotes
The only negative is cleaning the stone. It seems non-stick, but the coating quickly gets a build-up burnt on. Harder to clean than a normal pizza stone.

They crack because people soak them in water.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)