The Bay

Breville Pizzaiolo $879.97

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 13th, 2021 11:31 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2003
4126 posts
1230 upvotes
Every time a specialty item is posted on RFD the posts about cheaper alternatives come flying out

This is not something you buy because you want to save vs Domino's. This is something you buy because you enjoy making homemade pizza and want to elevate your results.

Yes there are alternatives (I personally use a pizza steel) but they won't compare in a traditional oven.
Ebay - 279 - 0 - 0 | Heatware - 56 - 00 - 0
BST Feedback - 82 - 0 - 0 | Grailed - 95 - 0 - 0
Poshmark and Styleforum Feedback as well
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
9251 posts
2255 upvotes
Vancouver
Lol this thread again. Should be a good read for next few days.

Neopolitan pizza deserves to be eaten fresh and immediately.

I have a neopoliton pizza place on my block and I’d still rather dine in then take it up to my condo. Having it delivered or a 20 min drive (delivery or your pick up) is just not the same.

From the other 600 reply threads this device is really for those who want neopoliton at home. Simply put nothing out there gets this hot that’s intended for a residential indoor kitchen.

I don’t own this but if I had the counter space.

Now please continue to discuss/ argue about pizza stones , bbq, pans oh and break even on dominoes. Blah blah blah
Autocorrect sucks
Feb 28, 2016
53 posts
10 upvotes
Calgary
I’ve owned the newer model for a year now and had two broken stones so far…. Their customer support is pretty good and both times they’ve sent me a replacement right away free of charge.
Deal Expert
Aug 9, 2004
21948 posts
533 upvotes
Newmarket
I have a wood fired pizza oven.
It doesn’t completely replace take out pizza, because they are very different types of pizza.
You don’t make a pizza like this, the way you would order a pizza from domino’s…loaded with toppings.
It’s a lighter style of pizza.
So I don’t think the comparison made earlier really works.
Also, if you buy a wood fired Neapolitan style pizza from a restaurant, it will cost a lot more than the 7.99 special at Pizza Pizza.
Sep 25, 2021
1 posts
9 upvotes
These threads are always fun to read. Felt like I had to add my 2 cents since I have one. I got it for this price last year during Black Friday and it’s the best $$ I’ve spent in a while. I was recently diagnosed with celiac disease and it’s been tough with pizza being my FAV food. Dealing with cross-contamination is a pain. This baby saved pizza for me. I can comfortably make pizza at home with no cc worries and it’s DELICIOUS! I was spending around $20 with another $3-6 for GF dough subs for a mediocre GF Neapolitan before this. I don’t even care if I break even, it was totally worth it. I’ve experimented with pan pizzas and Detroit style as well and comes out awesome. My gluten eating friends/family all love the pizzas as well… they’d definitely eat it over your typical $10 pie ;). For anyone eating GF - caputo fiorglut is a must!!
Aug 31, 2008
208 posts
114 upvotes
Unionville
KhajitGotWares wrote: Let's do the math.

Total cost after tax is roughly $1000

If you have one pizza per week at $10 (because we're deal hunters and that would be my budget)
and let's assume when making your own pizza, the ingredients cost $5,
then each time you make a pizza you save $5.

$1000/5 = 200. That's 200 weeks of pizza. 52 weeks pear year, so to save $1000 and have the oven "pay for itself", you must make one pizza per week for roughly 4 years.

Will the product hold up for 4 years? Manufacturer's webpage says it only comes with a 2-year warranty.
https://www.breville.com/us/en/products ... pz820.html
Who makes 1 pizza? Dumb take.
vgosu
Jan 21, 2012
209 posts
258 upvotes
VANCOUVER
KhajitGotWares wrote: Let's do the math.

Total cost after tax is roughly $1000

If you have one pizza per week at $10 (because we're deal hunters and that would be my budget)
and let's assume when making your own pizza, the ingredients cost $5,
then each time you make a pizza you save $5.

$1000/5 = 200. That's 200 weeks of pizza. 52 weeks pear year, so to save $1000 and have the oven "pay for itself", you must make one pizza per week for roughly 4 years.

Will the product hold up for 4 years? Manufacturer's webpage says it only comes with a 2-year warranty.
https://www.breville.com/us/en/products ... pz820.html
Your math doesn’t go far enough! Sure, you can buy a pizza for $10, it’s but hard to justify that when you could buy a loaf of Wonderbread, a block of cheese, and some tomatoes for less that that at No Frills. Just throw those in the microwave and you’ve got dinner!

I’m being facetious and I know it’s not the same as what you are arguing. But you don’t buy this to save money (although for some people in the long run there’s a chance they might). You buy this because you love Neapolitan pizza (which, in fairness, not everyone does). That being said, the sale price makes a difference when seeing if you can justify it after factoring in not just what you save on ordering pizza delivery but also… joy.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
6598 posts
2784 upvotes
Toronto
I want to pay $700 for this. How can i get it for 700?
Sep 8, 2019
84 posts
63 upvotes
NineOne wrote: Thanks OP. I've been considering one of these for a long time, and since my Ooni Koda 16 has been on backorder so long that I'm not sure I'll get it before winter sets in, I might pick it up at this price.

Brave to post this when it always spawns a dozen pages of people feeling the need to vocalize their confusion about why someone would spend the money, but I appreciate it. And for anyone who would rather buy Dominos at 50% off (or full price)- definitely do that. There's almost no such thing as bad pizza, but that doesn't invalidate the value of these ovens.
If you can cancel your backorder, its in stock at Dicksons right now.
https://dicksonbbq.com/products/ooni-koda-16-pizza-oven
Aug 14, 2007
74 posts
37 upvotes
Montreal
If it wasn't for the smoke that oven let's out I would have a bought in a heartbeat.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2008
1001 posts
1452 upvotes
Montreal
shawnie53 wrote: To all the haters this is expensive but awesome. Beats the heck out of any of the outdoor ovens (Ooni) since we live in 6 months of winter.
Winter didn't stop me from using my ooni, I just move them closer to my patio door so they're accessible through the door, winter's got nothing on those 900F ovens Face With Tears Of Joy
Sep 23, 2007
308 posts
484 upvotes
Toronto (Downtown)
link2110 wrote: If you can cancel your backorder, its in stock at Dicksons right now.
https://dicksonbbq.com/products/ooni-koda-16-pizza-oven
Appreciate the heads up. I saw it's in stock, but everyone just raised their price from $699 to $799. I ordered from C&B using the "15% off your first order" promo, so the price difference is worth the wait. I actually pulled the trigger on the Breville the other night and it's arriving on Wednesday to tide me over in the meantime, and through the winter when I don't want to be going outside to make a pizza.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2010
5363 posts
3404 upvotes
fightbriz wrote: I want to pay $700 for this. How can i get it for 700?
you keep dreaming.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2007
2132 posts
1205 upvotes
Ottawa
fightbriz wrote: I want to pay $700 for this. How can i get it for 700?
Has anyone had success applying for the neo card to get 15% off first day purchases?
Or is there a list of exclusions a mile long as usual with HBC?
Sep 23, 2007
308 posts
484 upvotes
Toronto (Downtown)
bwr827 wrote: But it's $100 cheaper from Crate & Barrell (on backorder).
I ordered mine July 7th with an estimated shipping time of mid-July. It's currently "estimated shipping mid-October".

I would hope that whenever they get stock, it's part of enough stock to catch up on all the backorders, but based solely on my experience I'd say don't hold your breath...
Feb 25, 2005
188 posts
51 upvotes
Toronto
NineOne wrote: Appreciate the heads up. I saw it's in stock, but everyone just raised their price from $699 to $799. I ordered from C&B using the "15% off your first order" promo, so the price difference is worth the wait. I actually pulled the trigger on the Breville the other night and it's arriving on Wednesday to tide me over in the meantime, and through the winter when I don't want to be going outside to make a pizza.
Where did you see the 15% off first purchase code?
Sep 23, 2007
308 posts
484 upvotes
Toronto (Downtown)
holychristian wrote: Where did you see the 15% off first purchase code?
It's a popup when you go to the site, but sometimes it doesn't come up. Either way, you can sign up here: https://www.crateandbarrel.ca/email

If you look towards the bottom in the black banner it has the details: "Save 15% Today, when you sign up to receive Crate and Barrel emails.
*Offer valid on full-price items only; Exclusions apply. Must be new email subscriber. Enter your email address to receive a 15% off promo code in your inbox."