Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Bay

Breville Pizzaiolo $879.97

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 13th, 2021 11:31 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2016
5042 posts
6227 upvotes
Konowl wrote: Frozen pizzas have their place, but the fresh ones are literally untouchable compared to frozen.
4-5 years back grocery stores use to sell a PC brand Chicago Deep DIsh pizza (12") which weight 2lbs.
For a frozen pizza is was pretty damn good
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2016
1353 posts
784 upvotes
For some reason I'm having a déjà vu. Wasn't a thread on this recently? With the same arguments about Neapolitan pizza and ROI?
Great, now I have a craving for pizza. Like really greasy pizza, with lots of meat and thick bread.
Last edited by govas19 on Oct 13th, 2021 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 19, 2017
967 posts
1704 upvotes
Saukrates wrote: Total gimmick product. Save $1000 and just use an oven like a normal person.
Although its probably very different from a normal oven, its definitely gimmicky and overpriced. But i am learning luxury items have their place because people will buy them. Just trying to figure it out in my head makes no sense. "so this cooks, like an oven or toaster oven, but does it differently and is able to hit 750 degrees, sorry where is there anything in this that's worth $1000?"
Nov 1, 2020
184 posts
334 upvotes
NineOne wrote: If anyone downtown Toronto is looking for one of these and interested in saving on some tax, DM me. I like my Ooni more and spending almost $2k on two pizza ovens is a bit excessive so I'll be selling my Pizzaiolo (haven't even registered for the warranty yet).
I hate my Ooni and want a Pizzaiolo and agree $2k on pizza gadgets is excessive. Maintaining a consistent temperature and outdoor use only of the Ooni have been big issues for me which is what draws me to the Pizzaiolo.
Sep 23, 2007
353 posts
562 upvotes
Toronto (Downtown)
JohnieSmithe wrote: I hate my Ooni and want a Pizzaiolo and agree $2k on pizza gadgets is excessive. Maintaining a consistent temperature and outdoor use only of the Ooni have been big issues for me which is what draws me to the Pizzaiolo.
I have my Ooni right on the balcony of my condo, so it's close and relatively well shielded from wind. So far no issues with the few steps from the kitchen and temp control, but obviously that's situation-dependent. If I had to venture out into a backyard or somewhere my prep station isn't right nearby/something inaccessible in the winter, I probably wouldn't have bought one.

So far I prefer the results out of the Ooni, it just gets substantially hotter than the Breville. Plus it can do larger pizzas- the 12" stone in the Pizzaiolo means that, realistically, I'm making 10.5-11" pizzas.
Nov 1, 2020
184 posts
334 upvotes
RedSwagDeals wrote: Although its probably very different from a normal oven, its definitely gimmicky and overpriced. But i am learning luxury items have their place because people will buy them. Just trying to figure it out in my head makes no sense. "so this cooks, like an oven or toaster oven, but does it differently and is able to hit 750 degrees, sorry where is there anything in this that's worth $1000?"
You pretty much answered your own question. My in wall oven can only heat to 550 degrees so this maintaining a temperature of 750 degrees is what makes it worth paying for if you have a need for 200 more degrees.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 25, 2004
6741 posts
6436 upvotes
Ottawa
KravenHead wrote: 4-5 years back grocery stores use to sell a PC brand Chicago Deep DIsh pizza (12") which weight 2lbs.
For a frozen pizza is was pretty damn good
Holy shit I forgot about that one. Those were good yeah! My all time favourite was about 10 years ago the Delission All Dressed garlic frozen pizzas. Huge, garlic, dripping with oil. They were my jam. Nothing better than hitting one of those pizza's after the gym.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 25, 2004
6741 posts
6436 upvotes
Ottawa
RedSwagDeals wrote: Although its probably very different from a normal oven, its definitely gimmicky and overpriced. But i am learning luxury items have their place because people will buy them. Just trying to figure it out in my head makes no sense. "so this cooks, like an oven or toaster oven, but does it differently and is able to hit 750 degrees, sorry where is there anything in this that's worth $1000?"
I bought a $1500 BBQ this year. Some people think I'm crazy. *shrug*

We have pizza once a week. We love it. I'm quite content with my Ooni, and I'd consider a large outdoor pizza oven at this point. We find it's "worth" it; but worth is incredibly subjective.
Jan 21, 2012
344 posts
930 upvotes
VANCOUVER
It doesn’t make sense to you because you probably don’t have a deep love of Neapolitan pizza. Some of us do. Have you ever spent lots of money on something that you like that is beyond what most people would spend in that product category? Some people would buy a Chanel purse even though something for $30 at Winners does the same thing. Others buy a Porsche instead of a Kia, or a Rolex instead of a Casio.

There is nothing wrong with having zero interest in this. But I don’t understand all the people coming into this thread to argue based on their personal preferences that this is a bad deal.

However, I would say that this is a gimmick if you were just buying this because you think you could show it off to friends or try it once or twice to host a party. Kind of like all of the people who used to buy a DSLR and have no idea how to use it, who should’ve stuck with their point and shoot or iPhone. I think for the most part the people who will enjoy this know who they are, if you have to try too hard to rationalize it, it’s probably not for you.