Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Bay

Breville The Smart Grinder Pro - $216/Bambino - $288/Bambino Plus - $396

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 20th, 2021 7:21 pm
Jan 12, 2017
768 posts
2374 upvotes

[The Bay] Breville The Smart Grinder Pro - $216/Bambino - $288/Bambino Plus - $396

on sale $239.99 + Flash Sale 10% Off With Code FLASH

The Bambino Stainless Steel Espresso Machine - $319.99 + Flash Sale 10% Off With Code FLASH
https://www.thebay.com/product/breville ... lor=SILVER

The Bambino Plus Compact Automatic Espresso Machine - $439.99 + Flash Sale 10% Off With Code FLASH
https://www.thebay.com/product/breville ... CK_TRUFFLE
31 replies
Mar 19, 2019
538 posts
1991 upvotes
Quebec
Are high end grinders really doing a far better job that my 14$ prime day Hamilton Beach grinder or it's just another audiophile 600$ 1 foot golden plated cable that don't give a better sound?
4 lines on Telus 280GB shared data including 1 CAN/US/MEX for $52/mo.
**Only the purchase of my bidet beats that deal**
Deal Addict
May 21, 2018
1126 posts
1028 upvotes
YannF39839 wrote: Are high end grinders really doing a far better job that my 14$ prime day Hamilton Beach grinder or it's just another audiophile 600$ 1 foot golden plated cable that don't give a better sound?
I don't know much about your hand grinder, but can you change the courseness of the grind?
Don't forget to goo your attic!
Mar 19, 2019
538 posts
1991 upvotes
Quebec
AtticGoo wrote: I don't know much about your hand grinder, but can you change the courseness of the grind?
Yes. it is this one if you want to compare
  • Adjustable grind control with 5 settings
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2005
1476 posts
473 upvotes
Halifax
YannF39839 wrote: Yes. it is this one if you want to compare
Depends on what you're doing. Probably less of an issue if you brew pour over or french press. Definitely if you are brewing espresso with an unpressurized portafilter. If you can't notice the difference or don't care, then your Hamilton Beach grinder is fine.
Deal Addict
May 21, 2018
1126 posts
1028 upvotes
I'm sure yours is fine if you know what you are going. The Breville grinder is idiot proof though. It tells you how far to change the courseness of the grind for the type of beverage you are preparing.
Don't forget to goo your attic!
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2006
1507 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto
This one will definitely do a better job then the Hamilton beach one. You get a consistent grind all the time. With the Hamilton Beach you are doing it by the look and feel. In addition it will save you time, some clean-up and if your anything like me a fresher product, because with the Hamilton Beach one I'd grind coffee for the week all all at once. Is it worth the cost difference? Depends on the value of it to you and how much you like good coffee.
Apr 25, 2014
283 posts
357 upvotes
Coquitlam, BC
Can this be combined with the new cardholder discount?
Mar 19, 2019
538 posts
1991 upvotes
Quebec
AirTimid wrote: Depends on what you're doing. Probably less of an issue if you brew pour over or french press. Definitely if you are brewing espresso with an unpressurized portafilter. If you can't notice the difference or don't care, then your Hamilton Beach grinder is fine.
I have a non-pressurized espresso machine. I find my coffee to be excellent. But, i did not compare very much with other house grinders, 1 - Covid did not help in going to friendsto taste their coffee, 2 - Not many of my friends got the gears.
Dec 16, 2018
172 posts
354 upvotes
YannF39839 wrote: I have a non-pressurized espresso machine. I find my coffee to be excellent. But, i did not compare very much with other house grinders, 1 - Covid did not help in going to friendsto taste their coffee, 2 - Not many of my friends got the gears.
"Got the gears" I love it.

Also very happy with my smart grinder pro/bambino plus combo, have had it for over 6 months now and it works wonderfully. Recently got a single-walled double shot filter, need to spend some time dialing in settings but its still producing good shots
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2010
2550 posts
1011 upvotes
YannF39839 wrote: Are high end grinders really doing a far better job that my 14$ prime day Hamilton Beach grinder or it's just another audiophile 600$ 1 foot golden plated cable that don't give a better sound?
Diminishing returns, but not on the audiophile level.

Higher end grinder will let you adjust espresso level grinds more, or have less fines for coarser grinds. How much you care or notice is the up to the user. I've had my smart grinder for 3 years and I'm happy with it.
How can an ant carry twenty times its body weight, but root beer floats are still delicious?
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2006
2324 posts
1309 upvotes
Yes. it is this one if you want to compare
Not sure if it matters, but it's a burr grinder, not the typical hand held blade grinders. I find the burr grinders help with making a better espresso shot.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2005
1476 posts
473 upvotes
Halifax
sixteen12 wrote: Diminishing returns, but not on the audiophile level.

Higher end grinder will let you adjust espresso level grinds more, or have less fines for coarser grinds. How much you care or notice is the up to the user. I've had my smart grinder for 3 years and I'm happy with it.

Again, it all depends on what people accept as "good". I personally consider the majority of cafe coffee mediocre to bad for my tastes preferences, while others think it's the greatest stuff ever. Again, like the previous poster suggested, there is definitely a point of diminishing returns.
Jul 4, 2007
554 posts
562 upvotes
Pickering, Ontario
Stainless Steel Grinder OOS
Mar 27, 2016
459 posts
411 upvotes
Vancouver
Are these prices good for the bambino and bambino plus?
Aug 17, 2021
12 posts
15 upvotes
How is this grinder compared to the one attached to the Breville Barista Express?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
8568 posts
4207 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
Lisameow wrote: Are these prices good for the bambino and bambino plus?
Lowest I've seen for the Bambino was $249 less than 2 months ago
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2005
1476 posts
473 upvotes
Halifax
Lisameow wrote: Are these prices good for the bambino and bambino plus?
It's a decent price, they don't typically go on big "sales". Maybe boxing day or black friday you can get a good deal. The Bambino would be a good starter machine from what i've read. The plus would probably be better if you make milk drinks.