• Jul 12th, 2018 12:24 pm
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
8028 posts
3600 upvotes
MVRD
bttmfdr wrote:
Jul 9th, 2018 9:48 pm
gents - can we stay focused on deals? can you take your suit-bashing somewhere else?
It's about knowing / understanding the reason behind your choice of buying one.

(Not bashing suits, just merely the reasoning behind their purchase)
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
4264 posts
2605 upvotes
Are these suits high quality? 38R is my size!!!
I need this in my marriage ceremony. Advice?
💳 Amex Cobalt & Business Platinum - the golden combo for life
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2003
3491 posts
286 upvotes
bttmfdr wrote:
Jul 9th, 2018 9:39 pm
thanks and thanked, op... what can I get for $1?
For $130, worth checking out. In for 1. OP thanked.

I used this as filler.
http://www.thebay.com/webapp/wcs/stores ... 57scen--24

There are a bunch of other fillers. If you go to the sale tab, and then sort by price you can see if there is anything useful.
Dec 27, 2013
228 posts
211 upvotes
Planet Earth
chatbox wrote:
Jul 9th, 2018 7:43 pm
...now, on the other hand, if you don't know that good suits are usually made of wool...then consider yourself lucky (ignorance is bliss in this case), for the following reasons:
1. Your line of work values your work more than your appearance.
2. Your social circle doesn't judge you by your appearance, you're surrounded by true / genuine company.
3. It's a monkey suit really...set into society to rip you off...give you a false sense of image of importance where in fact you are expected to wear it and nothing else. Bound by some society-imposed expectation.
While I knew that good suits were made of wool, that’s about as far as my suit knowledge goes. Wool is a ‘natural” fabric that helps to regulate body temperature, so it really won’t be as hot as you think. In fact, it would probably be cooler and more comfortable than a cheap polyester suit. My dilemma is that I have no idea what my size is. I’m strictly a suit at a wedding/funeral type of guy and have a couple of the first this summer, hopefully none of the last.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2003
3748 posts
694 upvotes
EdisonL299 wrote:
Jul 10th, 2018 1:23 am
Are these suits high quality? 38R is my size!!!
I need this in my marriage ceremony. Advice?
Don't waste your money
Ebay - 215 - 0 - 0
Heatware - 56 - 00 - 0
BST Feedback - 82 - 0 - 0
Grailed - 59 - 0 - 0

I sell clothes for cheap
May 11, 2011
214 posts
165 upvotes
North York
Damn.. never get in on this in time for my size.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1207 posts
378 upvotes
Toronto
These suits aren't as bad as people are making them out to be. It all depends on your use case. If your job requires you to wear a suit everyday, I don't these are for you. If you're like me, and you only need a suit for special occasions (attend a wedding, funeral, baptism, etc), then these are more than fine. I bought one about 2 years ago and was impressed so i bought 2 more last year. I got the slim fit ones and the styling is very good.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2017
3860 posts
2761 upvotes
hssironman wrote:
Jul 10th, 2018 9:10 am
These suits aren't as bad as people are making them out to be. It all depends on your use case. If your job requires you to wear a suit everyday, I don't these are for you. If you're like me, and you only need a suit for special occasions (attend a wedding, funeral, baptism, etc), then these are more than fine. I bought one about 2 years ago and was impressed so i bought 2 more last year. I got the slim fit ones and the styling is very good.
Exactly. These suits list for a mythical $500, but routinely sell for $150-$200 on sale every couple of months. They're fine for occasional use, not durable enough for everyday use. People who are into expensive suits won't be impressed.

You can get them tailored quickly and easily at any tailor shop. There's probably one in every mall. The Bay will arrange it for you if you want, but charge twice as much as a competitive tailor.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
1496 posts
1007 upvotes
Waterloo
chatbox wrote:
Jul 9th, 2018 9:20 pm
Did people not have funerals, nor weddings, without suits?

Question one's reality as to what is need...and what is imposed upon.

Those who truly care about you being there, being part of their life, will not give a flying fxxx what's on the surface. #PrioritiesInLife

Society conformity....ask yourself, who is it really for?
people also didn't wear clothes a few thousand years ago. you're gonna do that too?

we're society creatures. we thrive on society and suffers when in isolation. conforming to society norms is literally in our DNA.
May 30, 2006
296 posts
12 upvotes
thx OP got one
[external link removed]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
8501 posts
2940 upvotes
Toronto
Exp315 wrote:
Jul 10th, 2018 9:55 am
Exactly. These suits list for a mythical $500, but routinely sell for $150-$200 on sale every couple of months. They're fine for occasional use, not durable enough for everyday use. People who are into expensive suits won't be impressed.

You can get them tailored quickly and easily at any tailor shop. There's probably one in every mall. The Bay will arrange it for you if you want, but charge twice as much as a competitive tailor.
last time i got a suit at the Bay the check out person actually gave me a coupon to use at the tailor shop in the mall. got a deal on the suit and the tailor.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2014
1024 posts
371 upvotes
GTA, ON
I usually stick to buying non-patterned suits.The only thing available in my size is a Tonal Microcheck suit. Can a fashionista explain if this would stand out or if it's season specific? it's tough to make out from their stock photo how different it is. Thanks in advance.
Jan 30, 2010
626 posts
286 upvotes
North Battleford
They cancelled my suit but are sending the cookie cutter filler item.
Last edited by zoso454 on Jul 18th, 2018 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
6405 posts
3168 upvotes
Canada
zoso454 wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 12:12 pm
They cancelled my suit but are sending the cookie cutter filter item.
Lol
Public Mobile, Koodo and FREEDOM customer