Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Bay

Casio G-Shock GMW-B5000-1CR @$314.99 (MSRP $600)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 14th, 2022 9:10 am
[OP]
Jan 6, 2016
66 posts
340 upvotes
The World is One Fam…

[The Bay] Casio G-Shock GMW-B5000-1CR @$314.99 (MSRP $600)

I have been eyeing this piece for quite some time.

Don't forget 3 Aeroplan Points per $1 spent (Rakuten @ 1%)

Watch Specs available at https://gshock.ca/products/gmwb5000-1
Last edited by MrDisco on Dec 12th, 2022 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed title
33 replies
Jan 8, 2019
132 posts
584 upvotes
personally, i just bought a sub 100$ 5600 and got an aftermarket steel case on ali for $50. i would say looks 99% identical.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2006
3583 posts
366 upvotes
Richmond
Yes I'm a G-Shock fan, but the new ones are getting ridiculous in price. Some are half the price of a Rolex.

For the price of this one, you could get a decent smart watch. If you wanted to go in the ocean or need the durability for extreme activities, a $100 G-Shock would do the trick. You wouldn't wear your $500 watch to bang up.
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2010
1888 posts
3251 upvotes
I keep getting Deja Vu in every G-Shock thread (and other watch threads) over the years each time I see your posts in them. Yes, to you Garmin and F91W are the bestest and only watches you could ever want or use, but you don't really have to keep telling us that in every G-Shock or watch thread do you? lol

Based on the strong opinion displayed in your posts, you honestly don't even need to look at any G-Shock or watch thread, since you only like Garmin and your F91W, and you crap all over anything else. Here are some examples:
danascully wrote: You could buy a garmin fenix whatever for that much lol. With about 10x more features ...
danascully wrote: Wouldn't bother with casio for multisport uses like that, your best bet is going to be a garmin, a used one is pretty cheap

Those watches do not hold value at all, despite their sky high MSRP's
danascully wrote: I love Casio but man

I have a really hard time paying $250 for a watch that doesn't have anything beyond basic watch functions

You can get a GPS BT multisport garmin for that much for christ sake
danascully wrote: Those are two different "GPS" watches.

One displays positions

The other uses GPS simply to sync the watch time, without being able to get coordinates. It's just an aid to sync to atomic time.

Completely different.
For $800 you better have colour maps and quad satellite constellation compatibility. A LA garmin etc. , that's what I mean when I say GPS.

Don't let the marketing fool you
danascully wrote: Ok legit question - can someone explain to me why you would buy this vs any GPS watch?

Garmin/Suunto etc?
danascully wrote: I am genuinely curious to know why this is worth more than like a garmin multisport watch with gps?
danascully wrote: I know you guys like Casios, but goddamn

$200+ for an ABC watch, ffs
danascully wrote: Don't get me wrong I love my Casio FW-91A, but there's no way in hell i'm spending $800 for a watch with sapphire/solar/atomic + BT.

At the very least it should be multi GPS constellation capable as well.

Yes CASIO is falling behind the times in terms of feature set, but that really isn't their market here is it?
danascully wrote: You know what we use for military duty?

$17 Casio FW91a or any janky ass cheap watch from walmart

No one buys and/or uses expensive watches because you lose them/scratch them. Its literally just to tell time
danascully wrote: I never really understood expensive timepieces, anything beyond a F91W in price

Better have GPS and heart rate etc, sapphire glass

But hey people are allowed to have hobbies
danascully wrote: Casio Fw91, costs less than this, no frills, relible

Tells the time
danascully wrote: All u need to buy is $15 f91w
danascully wrote: Pfft $10usd from the px, casio Fw-91 is what almost everyone I serve with uses lol.

Nobody uses expensive watches
danascully wrote: My Casio F91-w, has 7 year battery is is more accurate monthly than a $50k+ Rolex
danascully wrote: I get ~ 2500 days on my $15 Casio F-91W, with all features on
danascully wrote: Acquirted taste.

After years of wearing lots of "cool looking" watches, the FW-91a is my favorite. Small, light and cheap as ****
Deal Fanatic
Dec 4, 2009
7598 posts
3382 upvotes
SonyCanWoes wrote: I keep getting Deja Vu in every G-Shock thread (and other watch threads) over the years each time I see your posts in them. Yes, to you Garmin and F91W are the bestest and only watches you could ever want or use, but you don't really have to keep telling us that in every G-Shock or watch thread do you? lol

Based on the strong opinion displayed in your posts, you honestly don't even need to look at any G-Shock or watch thread, since you only like Garmin and your F91W, and you crap all over anything else. Here are some examples:
Wow, that's quite a time investment to call someone you don't even know, out.
"I'm a bit upset. I've been grab by the back without any alert and lubrification"
Lucky
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2010
1888 posts
3251 upvotes
Toukolou wrote: Wow, that's quite a time investment to call someone you don't even know, out.
Only a few minutes but it's after reading the same posts all the time in the same threads. I don't see what you mean by "know". I know what they keep posting, and I am talking about those posts. Does not knowing them in person, presuming that is what you mean, have any relevance? This member has "called out" many other members for far less, so I don't think they should be offended. I don't even know what "calling out" means in this context. I'm simply pointing out that they keep saying the same things in every G-Shock or other watch thread over the years so it's obvious they don't have interest in any of the deals posted since they have a consistent opinion that only Garmin or F91W watches are good enough for them.
Aug 21, 2022
183 posts
287 upvotes
SonyCanWoes wrote: I keep getting Deja Vu in every G-Shock thread (and other watch threads) over the years each time I see your posts in them. Yes, to you Garmin and F91W are the bestest and only watches you could ever want or use, but you don't really have to keep telling us that in every G-Shock or watch thread do you? lol

Caught in 4k. Git wrekt kid.
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2010
1888 posts
3251 upvotes
Ah and there's you...Imagine wasting time trolling by threadcrapping in G-Shock threads all the time over a child's plastic watch. Guess having posts deleted from G-Shock watch threads never deters you. Some examples of your trolling:
Mojojojojojojojo wrote: imagine paying 600 for a child's plastic watch
Mojojojojojojojo wrote: Ppl still wear watches?
Mojojojojojojojo wrote: if wearing a fugly plastic watch is your idea of fasion, I feel sorry for you
Mojojojojojojojo wrote: people still wear watches?
Last edited by SonyCanWoes on Dec 12th, 2022 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2010
1888 posts
3251 upvotes
Crichtonfan wrote: Am I missing something? The Watch itself is metal.
You're missing absolutely nothing - he is. That's because he's a troll. He probably didn't even look at what watch it was that's why. Just saw "G-Shock" in his deal alerts and licked his lips ready to pounce with the same old tired used line time and time again lol
Jan 3, 2021
29 posts
110 upvotes
The "G" in "G-Shock" stands for: Gosh-darn expensive, you thought this sub brand of watches was for kids?? No, this is made to take hard-earned monies from adults, we geniuses baby!

....A little wordy if you ask me
Deal Fanatic
Dec 4, 2009
7598 posts
3382 upvotes
SonyCanWoes wrote: Only a few minutes but it's after reading the same posts all the time in the same threads. I don't see what you mean by "know". I know what they keep posting, and I am talking about those posts. Does not knowing them in person, presuming that is what you mean, have any relevance? This member has "called out" many other members for far less, so I don't think they should be offended. I don't even know what "calling out" means in this context. I'm simply pointing out that they keep saying the same things in every G-Shock or other watch thread over the years so it's obvious they don't have interest in any of the deals posted since they have a consistent opinion that only Garmin or F91W watches are good enough for them.
Lol, okay, okay!

On a different note, how did you cross-thread quote? I don't think I've seen that before. That's pretty cool.
"I'm a bit upset. I've been grab by the back without any alert and lubrification"
Lucky
Jun 9, 2019
535 posts
1149 upvotes
This thread is amazing lol
Jun 20, 2009
722 posts
899 upvotes
edmonton
LMAO @ all the pleb trolls getting wrecked by @SonyCanWoes

Imagine trying to troll an RFD G-Shock thread and getting your lame trolling history revealed for everyone to see.
Aug 23, 2020
43 posts
107 upvotes
Oh boy, never was a watch thread interesting like this one!
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2010
1888 posts
3251 upvotes
alexmtw wrote: Oh boy, never was a watch thread interesting like this one!
You missed the Seagull thread and any other watch threads that became China vs the world politics arguments like some Seiko threads. Blood was spilled...
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2005
4211 posts
290 upvotes
Crichtonfan wrote: Am I missing something? The Watch itself is metal.
Yeah it's the child that's plastic.