Expired Hot Deals

[The Bay] Cuisinart Grind and Brew all in one burr grinder and coffee machine $200 + rakuten

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 9th, 2020 12:14 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2013
3322 posts
4454 upvotes
Edmonton

[The Bay] Cuisinart Grind and Brew all in one burr grinder and coffee machine $200 + rakuten

Just wanted to share this. Seems like a good unit and lowest price I've seen, though I just ordered the Breville Grind Control for my wife for Christmas. A similar unit with a few more features.

Rakuten was 5% earlier today, not sure about now.

It seems like a sale for today.
5 replies
Deal Guru
Nov 18, 2005
11324 posts
2782 upvotes
Kingston
I had a prior version of this machine, but wouldn't buy this style again for a few reasons:
1. Putting the beans in the night before so you can have it start by timer isn't good for the beans (maybe a coffee snob thing even though I don't think I am one)
2. My version had a blade grinder but this one doesn't
3. The steam from the coffee brewing went into the grinding hopper so that hopper had to be washed after every use. Normally a separate grinder is only cleaned every once in a blue moon and never has a lot of steam/water in it. I don't know exactly how this unit works but having steam in the grinder is not good.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2013
3322 posts
4454 upvotes
Edmonton
JWL wrote: I had a prior version of this machine, but wouldn't buy this style again for a few reasons:
1. Putting the beans in the night before so you can have it start by timer isn't good for the beans (maybe a coffee snob thing even though I don't think I am one)
2. My version had a blade grinder but this one doesn't
3. The steam from the coffee brewing went into the grinding hopper so that hopper had to be washed after every use. Normally a separate grinder is only cleaned every once in a blue moon and never has a lot of steam/water in it. I don't know exactly how this unit works but having steam in the grinder is not good.
There is a different less expensive style without the same features and a blade only grinder
Sep 21, 2008
575 posts
796 upvotes
Always best, space permitting, to get a separate burr grinder, IMHO. You can get *decent ones* like the bodum bistro for under $100. Then buy a $200 espresso machine separately to avoid the types of issues that often present themselves with these cheap 2-in-1 units.

Just my 2 cents (a-la walmart clearance $0.02! )
Jan 17, 2016
106 posts
56 upvotes
Kanata, ON
We have the Breville (have had it for about 3 years), and if it failed, we'd go buy another one TOMORROW!. It's a great unit. I can't speak for the Cuisinart unit.
Oct 8, 2013
345 posts
263 upvotes
Dartmouth
I have an older cuisinart unit. It's been holding strong for 4 years now. If it ever fails I am going to have to get a new one. It's great.

This is going to be accosted with coffee snobs who are going to say this isn't the way to make coffee. Yeah, you could go all in and control your water temperature, brew time, grind size and really nerd out, but the truth is this makes a good cup of coffee for very little work. As I've been saying since buying, life is too short to not have robots making your coffee.