• Last Updated:
  • Aug 21st, 2020 1:17 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2011
4203 posts
24174 upvotes

[The Bay] It’s BACK!! Global - Ikasu 7 Piece Knife & Block Set

Now this deal is not as FireFireFire as the previously mentioned deal last year located here (the-bay-hot-global-knife-set-ikasu-7-pi ... y-2272924/) and is not a flash sale so you can’t use the FLASH code (already tried) but these knives are legit, I have 11-pc set I bought over 15-years ago and still going strong.

Let me know if you have any questions regarding these knives I’d be happy to answer.

Rakuten (ebates) does not apply to the site anymore so you can use the code E24272K which will knock off another $10.

This set comes with the following:
SEVEN-PIECE SET INCLUDES:
One paring knife, 3"
One utility knife, 4.5"
One bread knife, 8"
One vegetable knife, 5.5"
Two cook's knives, 5" and 8"
One bamboo knife storage block, 8.75"

Style Code: 0600090786790
Last edited by markopas on Aug 21st, 2020 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
__
Want to know the latest Costco Clearance items and prices in Ontario.. check out my thread here.
15 replies
Apr 9, 2013
195 posts
79 upvotes
Markham
Deal seems dead. Showing as $699.99 for me
Oct 20, 2019
539 posts
1039 upvotes
Ottawa
Few months ago I bought a Master Chef chef knife from Dollarama for around 3$. I sharp it every now and then and guess what, it cuts well and still shines like a moon.

Just saying...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2011
4203 posts
24174 upvotes
kyoung0927 wrote: Deal seems dead. Showing as $699.99 for me
You’re right, deal is dead - might have expired at midnight.
__
Want to know the latest Costco Clearance items and prices in Ontario.. check out my thread here.
Sep 27, 2004
747 posts
180 upvotes
Scarborough
aouniat wrote: Few months ago I bought a Master Chef chef knife from Dollarama for around 3$. I sharp it every now and then and guess what, it cuts well and still shines like a moon.

Just saying...
I also similarly bought a geo as the family the car for $25 and I feel sorry for the all the suckers out there spending hundreds even thousands on something that takes me from point a to b.

Just saying...
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2003
4203 posts
477 upvotes
Toronto
They don't make them like they used to. I bought a G2 chef knife 3yrs ago from costco and loved it, so bought another this yr also from costco. The new knife is thicker so it's harder to cut through tough vegetables like carrots & squash.
Oct 20, 2019
539 posts
1039 upvotes
Ottawa
s7r1k3r wrote: I also similarly bought a geo as the family the car for $25 and I feel sorry for the all the suckers out there spending hundreds even thousands on something that takes me from point a to b.

Just saying...
That's an apple to orange comparison & I understand what you're referring to.

Expensive cars come with extra features, are way more sophisticated, and have a lot of bells & whistles. They tend to be 3 to 10x more expensive.

As for knives, it's a piece of metal that cuts!! Not only that, a set like this can be 30 to 80x more expensive than the normal good quality ones.
Aug 13, 2020
743 posts
2659 upvotes
aouniat wrote: Few months ago I bought a Master Chef chef knife from Dollarama for around 3$. I sharp it every now and then and guess what, it cuts well and still shines like a moon.

Just saying...
Not even comparable. Like not even close. You’re probably just cutting your PB&J in half lol.
Sep 23, 2007
332 posts
516 upvotes
Toronto (Downtown)
aouniat wrote: That's an apple to orange comparison & I understand what you're referring to.

Expensive cars come with extra features, are way more sophisticated, and have a lot of bells & whistles. They tend to be 3 to 10x more expensive.

As for knives, it's a piece of metal that cuts!! Not only that, a set like this can be 30 to 80x more expensive than the normal good quality ones.
I agree with you in principle. My knives are almost all Victorinox (i.e. cheap but easy to take an edge), and my cooking equipment looks like it came out of a commercial kitchen because I buy it at restaurant supply stores. It's inexpensive, can take a beating, and does exactly what I want it to while not looking particularly pretty.

That said, I understand the appeal of equipment that can double as a show piece (not so much when function gets sacrificed though). I don't particularly care now but I could imagine a time when my income might support an expensive cookware habit despite less expensive alternatives performing equally well.
Nov 11, 2011
268 posts
181 upvotes
Quebec
Any knives can be sharpened to razor sharp. Question is, how long will it stay sharp, will it rust, will it chip. You can be satisfied with a $3 knife if you want. But people buy nice knives for a lot more reasons.
Mlj223 wrote: Not even comparable. Like not even close. You’re probably just cutting your PB&J in half lol.
Aug 13, 2020
743 posts
2659 upvotes
kira1337 wrote: Any knives can be sharpened to razor sharp. Question is, how long will it stay sharp, will it rust, will it chip. You can be satisfied with a $3 knife if you want. But people buy nice knives for a lot more reasons.
What? OK
Dec 5, 2007
2 posts
GTA
Hey NineOne.... where did you shop for your cooking equipment? Did you buy ovens and stoves, or small appliances? I'd love to find some stores to browse for the kitchen.

Thanks!
Deal Addict
May 4, 2007
1167 posts
469 upvotes
Montreal
Must people buying very expensive knives or sets are not different from the beginner cyclist, skier or tennis player, etc., with complete pro-level kits. It makes them feel good and enthusiastic (for a while) when they do their thing.

Whatever floats your boat.
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2016
3780 posts
4646 upvotes
s7r1k3r wrote: I also similarly bought a geo as the family the car for $25 and I feel sorry for the all the suckers out there spending hundreds even thousands on something that takes me from point a to b.

Just saying...
Pray never getting into a fender bender w/ a Geo.
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2016
3780 posts
4646 upvotes
dysonlu wrote: Whatever floats your boat.
You get what you pay for. There's a reason why its called THE DOLLAR STORE. Don't whine if that 3$ knife snaps in two...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)