Expired Hot Deals

[The Bay] Danby 14k BTU Portable Air Conditioner - $374!!!

• Last Updated:
  • May 3rd, 2019 5:01 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2007
1911 posts
372 upvotes
Does anyone know why I am getting only %10 off with any item I add to the cart with promo code "Bonus"? I was eyeing another AC to purchase and %15 would make the deal very attractive.
Jun 19, 2010
495 posts
337 upvotes
Vancouver
If anyone in Vancouver needs one of these pm me. I bought one last summer from Costco but am moving to a house with ac so don't need it.
Nov 28, 2016
598 posts
222 upvotes
kazryv wrote: If anyone in Vancouver needs one of these pm me. I bought one last summer from Costco but am moving to a house with ac so don't need it.
How much you selling? Which model?
Lurking on RFD for years. Finally decided to make an account...😂
Sep 8, 2016
84 posts
69 upvotes
Temporel wrote: In a discussion forum, pointing out the design flaw of a product and suggesting a more efficient alternative is not thread crapping. Don't take it personal.

Your reasoning shows that you don't understand how cooling/dehumidifying a space works.
Dual hoses is not just a theory. It's better NOT because of the temperature of the air coming out of the unit or the power it draws but because a single hose unit throws out cooled air from inside that is replaced by hot/humid air from outside seeping in from every crack and gap around all your doors, windows, floors, light fixtures, electrical boxes, air vents, etc. A dual hose unit cools the compressor with air it draws from outside then throws it out. It's a much more efficient way.
Got one of those $125 Rona special a few years back (link).

An old friend who's a commercial HVAC later informed us that these things are made by Comfort Aire and are really good (quiet and works well). He helped build a 2nd hose hookup for this unit using foam board and some flexible ducting; haven't looked back, until last year (purchased another unit from Home Depot).

Maybe Danby are much better now, but the previous Danby dual hose unit that we had with a higher BTU performed no where close to our current setup.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2006
2759 posts
355 upvotes
Toronto
back in stock...just ordered the 12k version
Kijiji links aren't permitted in signatures. Only links to our BST forum.
Jan 13, 2009
213 posts
82 upvotes
Vancouver
fatkinglet wrote: back in stock...just ordered the 12k version
Did you get 10% or 15% off using the code?
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2006
2759 posts
355 upvotes
Toronto
okay got 10% off
Jan 29, 2005
457 posts
112 upvotes
Has anyone been able to get the $10 off orders over $50? I signed up but I get nothing? Asking the bay's customer service is...well you know..
Jan 29, 2005
457 posts
112 upvotes
Both the 14k and 12k were in stock today for a while.
now only the 12k is left, and the promo code doesn't seem to apply.
I suspect this deal is gone :(
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2006
2759 posts
355 upvotes
Toronto
They cancelled my order..........anyone else has able to received the order?