Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Bay

De’Longhi perfecta automatic espresso maker

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 26th, 2019 1:01 am
Sep 15, 2019
475 posts
1659 upvotes
High

[The Bay] De’Longhi perfecta automatic espresso maker

Starts on Friday 22nd Nov
Seems like a great price for this machine. I’m not sure if any coupons can be used, I shall update the post if I see any coupon!
Images
  • 70CFE46D-DBFC-42B5-BD3F-D627A71E3298.jpeg
32 replies
Sep 9, 2003
770 posts
631 upvotes
Although the sale starts on Friday, this $25 off codes works now so might be worth trying later: CPSAVE25
May 6, 2016
483 posts
218 upvotes
Whitby
Great machine. I believe this is the old model that has been replaced with a newer version
Feb 4, 2008
31 posts
21 upvotes
Cghall wrote: Great machine. I believe this is the old model that has been replaced with a newer version
I will disagree, I've had this machine for about 3 months before it crapped out on me. Had it replaced and the same thing, water does not get hot. Prefer my Nespresso to this machine.
Jul 14, 2014
186 posts
478 upvotes
Markham
It’s been on sale for the past few days when someone shared the 25% off code
I tried it and it gave only 15%

Brought the price down to $849
Jan 1, 2012
599 posts
254 upvotes
Sainte-Therese
I believe its also $999 at costco in store
Banned
Aug 23, 2019
897 posts
470 upvotes
Babaji01 wrote: Starts on Friday 22nd Nov
Seems like a great price for this machine. I’m not sure if any coupons can be used, I shall update the post if I see any coupon!
I've found this unit at Homesense on multiple occasions at this same price $999 in the last few years. You need to go to Homesense when they have the prive sales.
Banned
Aug 23, 2019
897 posts
470 upvotes
malachidjl wrote: I will disagree, I've had this machine for about 3 months before it crapped out on me. Had it replaced and the same thing, water does not get hot. Prefer my Nespresso to this machine.
you had a broken unit and use that to say the unit is shit for everyone? does that make sense to you?
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17811 posts
5762 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
Doebird wrote: you had a broken unit and use that to say the unit is shit for everyone? does that make sense to you?
He had 2 broken units in a row? Nah, his feedback is very useful for rest of us.
Banned
Aug 23, 2019
897 posts
470 upvotes
weedb0y wrote: He had 2 broken units in a row? Nah, his feedback is very useful for rest of us.
probably not using it correctly.
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2001
18145 posts
1741 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
People who are "new" to the world of super-automatics should keep in mind: they require a LOT more maintenance than regular "pump" espresso machines.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2010
3566 posts
1644 upvotes
Brampton
This was from few days ago trying the codes at the other 'the bay' thread, my sis in law took to long to think about it then and missed it. Guess another chance at it
Images
  • upload.jpg
Sep 15, 2019
475 posts
1659 upvotes
High
dredd2099 wrote: This was from few days ago trying the codes at the other 'the bay' thread, my sis in law took to long to think about it then and missed it. Guess another chance at it
Thanks for sharing the screenshot!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2005
5853 posts
1695 upvotes
i also had the older model of this machine
it was a sack of shit
everything it made was tepid

nespresso >
Sep 15, 2019
475 posts
1659 upvotes
High
Use promo code- GIVE for additional $100 off making it $899
Deal Addict
May 10, 2008
2190 posts
2394 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I owned 3 of the older model Delonghi espresso machines over there last 10 years or so. Thank goodness I bought from Costco because the last one broke down after a few months of occasional use. Costco took it back without hassle.

I also NEVER used the milk steaming function on the 2nd and 3rd machines because it would only steam hot for the first 5 seconds and I would end up with frothy cold milk and a lot of things to have to wash.

I'd rather walk to Starbucks and buy a flat white for $6 than risk a $1k machine breaking down after a few months of use, so I finally decided to not get a replacement this time.

If you are lucky enough to get a machine that doesn't have issues, it's pretty great!
May 3, 2018
68 posts
69 upvotes
konfusion666 wrote: People who are "new" to the world of super-automatics should keep in mind: they require a LOT more maintenance than regular "pump" espresso machines.
I have had my saeco odea super automatic for nearly 6 years of nearly daily use without issues, and yes it had a built-in whole bean grinder.

First bit of advice is to always used distilled water to reduce mineral scaling and absorb more flavour from the coffee.

Second, rinse out daily with tap water the containers with the coffee grounds and with the left over "dirty" water.

Third, check every day if there is any left over coffee grounds on the internal mechanism where the coffee is squeezed and heated, and if so then rinse it out.

Forth, run descaler cycle at least once per year with the descaling solution.

Fifth, medium roast espresso is less oily than dark roast, so it requires let work to clean.
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2001
18145 posts
1741 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
^ Yes, like I said, a lot more maintenance. :)

My Gaggia recommends weekly cleaning of the brew group (internal thing which actually makes the coffee).