Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Bay

DEAL DEAD [$244.77 + GC promo + 5% Rakuten] Breville Bambino espresso machine W/ CODE “FLASH”

• Last Updated:
  • May 11th, 2022 11:21 am
Dec 26, 2017
315 posts
1337 upvotes

[The Bay] DEAL DEAD [$244.77 + GC promo + 5% Rakuten] Breville Bambino espresso machine W/ CODE “FLASH”

See thread updates below, but here is the short and skinny of this deal.

(1) Buy 2 $100 gift cards for $30 bonus, (2) use on Breville Bambino, which has been price matched to Amazon on The Bay's website, (3) apply promo code "FLASH" for extra 10% off.

Price comes to $244.77 + $30 GC promo + 5% Rakuten bringing this to a grand total of 202.53 before taxes!

Breville Bambino espresso - appears to be an ATL using promo code FLASH at checkout.

Excellent entry-level espresso machine. Been called a gateway drug into the wonderful world of espresso making at home - it’s simple to use easy to maintain. This is the non-plus version, which means it has lower water reservoir capacity, is a bit slimmer and it foregoes automatic milk frothing (manual still available but will take some time to get used to - in my case it was only a couple of weeks until I figured it out). Otherwise it will produce the same quality espresso shot.

Lots of resources available on YouTube to train anyone up on how to pull a great shot and make latte art-quality foam.

UPDATE #1 - Use promo code FLASH at the Bay for extra 10% off Amazon price.

UPDATE #2 - Don't forget Rakuten, currently 5% at The Bay

UPDATE #3 - Stack with existing GC promo at The Bay for $15 bonus on $100 gift card.
Last edited by WCDave on May 6th, 2022 2:16 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Thread Summary
Shopping for a new coffee maker? Check out RFD Reviews' top picks for the best espresso machines!
89 replies
Jul 14, 2006
847 posts
919 upvotes
Toronto
I haven't jumped into the world of espresso yet but this seems like a good place to ask.

I'm wondering if its more worthwhile to save a bit more and skip the entry-level for espresso machines or buy a higher end entry level machine (i.e. gaggia classic pro; new/used)
Or am I delusional about the cost of a non-entry level machine? Face With Tears Of Joy

I'm just trying to compare with my current coffee grinding journey and how I bought items that were recommended for entry-level but I ended up spending more money upgrading.
Coffee grinder journey:
  • Hario Slim - Terrible purchase, have to mod to get rid of boulders. still inconsistent
  • Bodum Bistro - OK purchase, consistency isn't quite there. At least you can pick out the boulders by hand
  • Baratza Encore - Great purchase, finally some consistency, but looking above, i basically paid double to get to this point
Nov 10, 2016
450 posts
284 upvotes
SBGoose wrote: I haven't jumped into the world of espresso yet but this seems like a good place to ask.

I'm wondering if its more worthwhile to save a bit more and skip the entry-level for espresso machines or buy a higher end entry level machine (i.e. gaggia classic pro; new/used)
Or am I delusional about the cost of a non-entry level machine? Face With Tears Of Joy

I'm just trying to compare with my current coffee grinding journey and how I bought items that were recommended for entry-level but I ended up spending more money upgrading.
Coffee grinder journey:
  • Hario Slim - Terrible purchase, have to mod to get rid of boulders. still inconsistent
  • Bodum Bistro - OK purchase, consistency isn't quite there. At least you can pick out the boulders by hand
  • Baratza Encore - Great purchase, finally some consistency, but looking above, i basically paid double to get to this point
Also have the same question.... But it seems like gaggia classic is not easy to find in Canada. Any idea where to buy it?
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
11150 posts
3859 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I got the Bambino Plus and afaik, the tech in the Breville will help you achieve a more consistent shot (Thermojet+PID and volumetric control, no boiler temp surfing) compared to an unmodified old school unit like the Gaggia Classic Pro.
Only con is the odd sized porta filter basket and the water sensor is a pita to clean
Nov 10, 2016
450 posts
284 upvotes
yah.. I found the same company when I searched; seems like the only one selling
Jul 18, 2006
887 posts
548 upvotes
Toronto
can you just make maxwell house in this? or do you need to commit to the fancy beans.
Dec 22, 2012
901 posts
1265 upvotes
Mississauga
antime1 wrote: can you just make maxwell house in this? or do you need to commit to the fancy beans.
i'd probably go with better beans. its like putting cheap gas in an F1 car haha :p
Dec 26, 2017
315 posts
1337 upvotes
antime1 wrote: can you just make maxwell house in this? or do you need to commit to the fancy beans.
Better beans will make a significant difference - they don't need to be fancy, just fresh. Anything stale will not get the backpressure you need. You could workaround this with a pressurized basket in the portafilter, it just won't be as good.
skydeal wrote: Also have the same question.... But it seems like gaggia classic is not easy to find in Canada. Any idea where to buy it?
Yup to iDrinkCoffee. ECS likely also stocks it. I will caution against the Gaggia though using the words of James Hoffman "it's a hobby, not a morning routine". The Gaggia can be a bit fussy and while it's modular/repairable and generally fun for any tinkerer - you have to be committed to the hobby aspect of it. Otherwise it will suck up time on maintenance/upgrading and the marginal benefit of your shot of espresso will make you wonder if it was worth it, unless the tinkering was fun in and of itself.

Basically Breville = fuss-free great shots, Gaggia = Tinkering required, potentially better shots.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2010
1904 posts
1508 upvotes
I have never owned this appliance -- let's call this an "appliance" as opposed to a "machine", even though it's well-reviewed -- but every comment I have ever read about this unit has been great. This would be a great deal, especially for newcomers.

Just make sure you use a good grinder, and fresh beans.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2010
1904 posts
1508 upvotes
I suggest you buy a single-wall / non-pressurized basket to brew "real" espresso (again assuming you have an espresso-capable grinder).

Breville's is almost always OOS, but you can easily find third party baskets online.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2006
1670 posts
2771 upvotes
anyone has the experience to compare it vs Delonhi EC680.. not sure if get another one, thanks
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
8480 posts
5296 upvotes
Toronto
someone actually able to use the gc promo? because the gc looks like valid May 15 onwards, so you can't use it here??

or are you suggesting to buy the 2x$100, which come immediately(?), and apply those gc against this purchase, and the $30 will come later (or now even) but only be valid later (NOT against this purchase)?

Also it says 1 gift card per person, so you wouldn't even be able to buy 2x $200 to get $30...
Last edited by fightbriz on May 5th, 2022 11:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2017
1221 posts
1347 upvotes
Calgary
Wow, great deal!

I'm on the fence about buying this for the office on the odd day I even go in.

A nice espresso machine was the greatest single purchase I've made since working from home without a doubt.
Oct 6, 2020
649 posts
1117 upvotes
what is a good (not too crazy expensive) grinder to pair with this?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)