Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Bay

Dr Martens Utility Suede Chelsea boots $65

• Last Updated:
  • May 27th, 2020 12:47 pm
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20241 posts
8367 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
yuen47 wrote: Are the leather ones for an extra $15 worth it?
Absolutely, the suede surface can retain COVID-19 much longer.
Aug 29, 2018
340 posts
441 upvotes
When even Dr Martens starts to make Blundstones, there really is no hope for shoe diversity in Canada.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3692 posts
4307 upvotes
pbeutch wrote: When even Dr Martens starts to make Blundstones, there really is no hope for shoe diversity in Canada.
I do like my Blundies for comfort and durability, however, they are definitely not the greatest looking. They are the most common ones so they are quite a bit wide and bulging. These ones appear a bit more tapered and shapely, with nicer stitching, but I will have to examine them in person to verify as photos can be misleading. Also, the heel on these is over 1.5 inch vs 1 inch on the Blundies, so these should be more beneficial for the shorties.
For Sale:
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2011
2133 posts
756 upvotes
Hamilton
ShinNoodles wrote: Anyone know if The Bay lists these shoes in US or UK size?
Pretty sure it's US, I checked an order and they showed both in it.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
1775 posts
823 upvotes
Bummer's Roost
yuen47 wrote: Are the leather ones for an extra $15 worth it?
The leather shoes aren't as nice looking, but heck I'm getting a pair anyway along with the suede ones.
Wasn't able to get the $10 email signup offer applied.

I sure hope my feet haven't grown fatter from staying at home so much. Not even sure why I need outdoor shoes any longer Smiling Face With Open Mouth

Thanks OP!
Aug 5, 2010
66 posts
14 upvotes
I bought these before the winter.

I'm a 9.5, I thought the 10 was too loose, and the 9 was a little tight but I thought it'd loosen over time.

Sizing is US. Some US company bought Dr Martens awhile back.

I experienced pain I've never experienced before in my metatarsal. Walking from my back yard to my front yard i'd have to take breaks, then after i had to sit down and rest.
I got them stretched at a shoe store.

Still had pain.

Sold them for like $85.

I might try the 10's on this deal.
Feb 22, 2011
14 posts
16 upvotes
Whitby
Got my shoes. Ordered a size 10, they shipped the right size (UK 9). The fit is spot on and very comfy. I got both the suade and brown leather. Suade looks much better IMO.
Jan 12, 2005
157 posts
77 upvotes
Toronto
If you purchase it through Aeroplan portal, Aeroplan branded credit cards (CIBC Aerogold or TD Aeroplan) earn 5x extra miles by May 31.
Apr 28, 2011
535 posts
655 upvotes
Brampton
I got a ten but looking for a nine if anyone wants to do an exchange
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
8048 posts
8623 upvotes
Downtown Canada
BinaryJay wrote: Absolutely, the suede surface can retain COVID-19 much longer.
I hope people don't walk around their house with outdoor shoes 🤮
Telus $30/75GB USA/CAN + $0 VVM (USA roaming + USA calling included) X 5 lines

Seeing ads while surfing the web? Get Ad Guard ad blocker.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2006
1844 posts
985 upvotes
Halton
picked up my size 9s today, definitely fit big, I need 8s
ALSO... not sure if I'll keep them. the toes are a definitely darker shade of brown and I can see them becoming horribly so with scuffing of the suede -i guess i should have expected as much with suede.. they ARE nice though... torn
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2006
1844 posts
985 upvotes
Halton
Stive85 wrote: The bay are hellbent on becoming the next sears. It's actually unbelievable.

The fact that this is a publically traded company is amazing. One would think the BOD would have more business sense to continue down this path, but things remain unchanged.

It's sad to say. If I were a large shareholder I'd be screaming to abandon this structure. Acquire warehouses... Convert my site to Shopify and get a true handle on inventory and distribution so that there would be some sort of hope that this historic Canadian company will survive.

As it stands right now, they're dead in the water.
oh you'll love this then:
the email I got show the hours (10-3) but has the central phone number on it (ie the wrong one).
I didn't open the email (yes, i probably should have but the subject line is "your order is ready")
We go to the wrong entrance at Square1 and see the sign that say "enter at Kariya gate" (luckily I know the street or I would have no idea where that is without an arrow or "beside Goodlife" as example to help)
We get to the correct door, see a fella bringing out packages and we call the central number from the email. Automated messaging, start pushing the numbers to get connected and i get out of the car... "oh a sign with a different number on it".. call that number "sorry we stopped pickup at 3"... it's 3:07
they've just been through 6 weeks of shutdown and they can't be concerned enough to bring out a box. no sense of customer service

mrs cheapofillipo thinks i'm nuts but it was burning me up for the rest of the day.

ps. you kids get off my lawn!
Jul 9, 2019
733 posts
2692 upvotes
It's always US size on thebay, I have worked for them in past.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
7631 posts
2175 upvotes
Viper512 wrote: I bought these before the winter.

I'm a 9.5, I thought the 10 was too loose, and the 9 was a little tight but I thought it'd loosen over time.

Sizing is US. Some US company bought Dr Martens awhile back.

I experienced pain I've never experienced before in my metatarsal. Walking from my back yard to my front yard i'd have to take breaks, then after i had to sit down and rest.
I got them stretched at a shoe store.

Still had pain.

Sold them for like $85.

I might try the 10's on this deal.
You have such pain and will buy again?
Dec 21, 2017
349 posts
60 upvotes
Scarborough
Hudson's Bay by Text
Receive the latest sales on your phone.
Plus, SAVE $10 on your next order.
Text the word SAVE to 22322
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4960 posts
6861 upvotes
GTA
Guess I've been wearing sneakers too much--- Doc's seem so heavy!!
Jun 14, 2011
702 posts
662 upvotes
Toronto
The $10 off seems to be instore only.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3692 posts
4307 upvotes
Yup, got em today. Fast shipping and size 10 US. They are AMAZING, very comfortable actually far better looking than my Blundstones. For $82 all in it's a no-brainer.
For Sale:
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3692 posts
4307 upvotes
Kfox wrote: Guess I've been wearing sneakers too much--- Doc's seem so heavy!!
Your calves will thank you. That heavy duty sole is worth it, it will go on for years.
For Sale:

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)