• Last Updated:
  • Sep 30th, 2020 9:12 am
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
1306 posts
700 upvotes
Burnaby
pdkb24 wrote: Perfume. BC as well.
The VIP coupon worked for you on Perfume? I tried a Chanel and Marc Jacobs perfume and both said the coupon isn't valid on them

Edit: Nevermind, I was adding a different coupon (FALLVIP) apparently

Edit #2: Its just 10% off on perfume from what I can tell...which is average at best - I can get better deals like every second week at Shoppers instead
Jan 28, 2017
49 posts
44 upvotes
Laval
They have a huge list of exclusions. The Bay does this a lot, most of the things that I can benefit from having a discount from happen to be this list.

All of a sudden I no longer feel VIP.

Here's the list:
EXCLUSIONS:

GIFT CARDS AND E-GIFT CARDS, SHIPPING RATES AND TOTAL GUARD PROTECTION PLAN.

WOMEN’S
AGNONA, ALESSANDRA RICH, ALEX PERRY, ALEXANDER WANG, ALEXANDRE VAUTHIER, ALL BRANDS IN THE ROOM, ANTONIO MARRAS, AREA, BALMAIN, BARRIE, CAROLINA HERRERA, CHRISTOPHER KANE, EMILIO PUCCI, EMPORIO ARMANI, ERDEM, FABIANA FILIPPI, GABRIELA HEARST, GALVAN LONDON, GIAMBATTISTA VALLI, HARRIS WHARF LONDON, JOSEPH ALTUZARRA, JW ANDERSON, KLEINFELD, MAGDA BUTRYM, MAISON MARGIELA, MARY KATRANTZOU, MAX MARA, MONSE, MOSCHINO, NOBIS, PACO RABANNE, PETAR PETROV, PIAZZA SEMPIONE, PROENZA SCHOULER, ROKSANDA ILINCIC, ROLAND MOURET, SWEATY BETTY.

WOMEN’S INTIMATES
BRAVADO, UGG AUSTRALIA, WACOAL.

MEN’S
1017 ALYX 9SM, 3.1 PHILLIP LIM, ALEXANDER WANG, AMI, ANDERSSON BELL, ANN DEMEULEMEESTER, APC, AXEL ARIGATO, BALMAIN, DANIEL PATRICK, DAVI PARIS, DRKSHDW BY RICK OWENS, DSQUARED2, DUARTE, FJALLRAVEN, FRED PERRY X RAF SIMONS, GCDS, HAIDER ACKERMANN, HELMUT LANG, HERON PRESTON, JUNYA WATANABE, JUUN J, JW ANDERSON, KENZO, LANVIN, MADE TO MEASURE, MAISON MARGIELA, MAISON MARTIN MARGIELA, MARCELO BURLON, MARCELO BURLON COUNTY OF MILAN, MARNI, MATTHEW MILLER, MISSONI, MOOSE KNUCKLES, MOSCHINO, MOSCHINO, MSGM, NEIL BARRETT, NOBIS, OPENING CEREMONY, RHUDE, RICK OWENS DRKSHDW, SAXX, SEAN SUEN, SOLID HOMME, STAMPD, SYSTEM HOMME, TIMBERLAND, VERSACE JEANS COUTURE, VETEMENTS, WOOD WOOD, WOOYOUNGMI, Y/PROJECT.

WOMEN’S SHOES
ALL BRANDS IN THE ROOM, BALMAIN, COMME DES GARCONS, DR MARTENS, EMILIO PUCCI, GOLDEN GOOSE, JW ANDERSON, KLEINFELD, MAGDA BUTRYM, MOSCHINO, TIMBERLAND, UGG AUSTRALIA.

MEN’S SHOES
1017 ALYX 9SM, AXEL ARIGATO, BALLY, BALMAIN, BOSS, DIEMME, DSQUARED2, JW ANDERSON, KENZO, MAISON MARTIN MARGIELA, MARCELO BURLON COUNTY OF MILAN, MARNI, MOSCHINO, PAUL SMITH, RHUDE, RICK OWENS DRKSHDW, THE GOODMAN BRAND, TIMBERLAND, UGG AUSTRALIA.

BEAUTY
COSMETIC SERVICES, M.A.C VIVA GLAM.

ACCESSORIES
ALL BRANDS IN THE ROOM, FOWNES, FRAAS, FRYE, HARRICANA, HUNTER, KLEINFELD, LELE SADOUGHI, PORTOLANO, RAINS, SOIA & KYO, UGG.

HANDBAGS AND WALLETS
ACNE, ALL BRANDS IN THE ROOM, ANN DEMEULEMEESTER, BALMAIN, COACH , EMILIO PUCCI, FJALLRAVEN, HUNTER, JACQUEMUS, JW ANDERSON, KATE SPADE NEW YORK, KLEINFELD, LEMAIRE, LXR, MARGIELA, MARNI, MOSCHINO, PROENZA SCHOULER, RAINS, ROSANTICA, SOPHIA WEBSTER, TORY BURCH.

SUNGLASSES
OAKLEY, PRADA, RAYBAN.

JEWELLERY
ALL BRANDS IN THE ROOM, AMOR, ANIA HAIE, KLEINFELD, SERPENTINA SILVER, TISENTO. THE FOLLOWING IS ELIGIBLE FOR A MAXIMUM 15% DISCOUNT: LIC RAND CONCESSIONS CANADA INC.

WATCHES
ALL TECH WATCHES.

KIDS, BABIES, TOYS, BABY GEAR AND NURSERY
4MOMS, BABYBJORN, BEABA, BRITAX, BUGABOO, CYBEX, DEKOR, DUTAILIER, EGG, FJALLRAVEN, HALO, LITTLE UNICORN, MAXI COSI, NANIT, NOBIS, NOMI, NUNA, OWLET, THULE, TIMBERLAND, UGG AUSTRALIA, UPPABABY.

LUGGAGE AND BACKPACKS
BRIGGS AND RILEY, FJALLRAVEN, TUMI.

HOME
AMAZON ECHO, BLENDTEC, DIGIWAVE, DOLCE & GABBANA BY SMEG, DYSON VACUUMS, FANS AND HOME ENVIRONMENT, EZVIZ, GHD, GOOGLE, MIELE, SAECO, SAMSUNG, SONOS, THERAGUN, TILE, VITAMIX, WEISER, WIZ.

OTHER
ALL BRANDS IN THE ROOM, BEAUTY FIRST, BELTONE, BRUSHEZ, CANADIAN OLYMPIC TEAM FOUNDATION RED MITTENS, SUNGLASSES, 2PC PIN SET, CANADIAN PARALYMPIC TEAM FOUNDATION CANADA FLIP FLOPS, COMPASS, DRAKE GENERAL STORE, ENHANCED HEALTH, EVELINE CHARLES, F AS IN FRANK, GLASSES GALLERY, HBC SIGNATURE CANOES , HBC+NOBIS, HEARING AIDS, KINGS CROWN, KLEINFELD, LIC LIDS CANADA INC, LXR, MADE TO MEASURE, MAIN AND LOCAL, MARITIME TRAVEL, MW HAIR, NABIL, ROUSSEAU STAMPS, RUZA HAIR, SOLACE COMFORT, SQUISH, TAO HEARING AIDS, TENSPOT PRODUCTS, UNIVERSITY OF REGINA.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
10772 posts
3324 upvotes
Had an order all ready to go for this morning.

Extra 25% off everything today - sweet!
Oct 23, 2014
318 posts
144 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Thanks OP bought a Nike tech fleece tracksuit
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2004
3182 posts
864 upvotes
Mississauga
rocking23nf wrote: ok we have been waiting for months for a code that works on sorel kids boots, and nothing, and my wife ordered today at full price, and then this code comes out and it works on sorel boots. WTF.

she had a 100$ gift card so she went bought them online today at the bay.

what a ^&%&^
Rookie mistake from a 14yr RFD veteran. C'mon on man, get your head in the game!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
8244 posts
1783 upvotes
Toronto
Do you have to be a member of the rewards program for the code to work? I don't see a signup on their website.
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
14179 posts
5380 upvotes
Ottawa
25% off G-shocks, even full metal ones.
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2005
1499 posts
1951 upvotes
St Clements, MB
This is the longest PRESIDENT'S DISCOUNT exclusions list ever.

@kooltilltheen, where did you get promo code FALLVIP? Is there a url for terms and conditions?

You can sign up for HUDSON'S BAY REWARDS online two ways :
1. Existing registered users can login and signup for a new rewards card;
2. New users can register for both the website and HUDSON'S BAY REWARDS at the same time.
Last edited by cslusarc on Sep 16th, 2020 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 9, 2016
13 posts
Mississauga, ON
No price adjustment and the watch I’m looking for is now “sold out” Confused Face
Feb 9, 2020
32 posts
30 upvotes
kooltilltheen wrote: The VIP coupon worked for you on Perfume? I tried a Chanel and Marc Jacobs perfume and both said the coupon isn't valid on them

Edit: Nevermind, I was adding a different coupon (FALLVIP) apparently

Edit #2: Its just 10% off on perfume from what I can tell...which is average at best - I can get better deals like every second week at Shoppers instead
Ye just 10%, but I can't get maison margiela at shoppers. With no tax it ended up being a decent deal.
May 4, 2006
515 posts
223 upvotes
Mississauga
The Bay is carrying the new 2020 version of the mattress, which i believe is a 3 layer 11 inch verion.

If you go to Costco, they are selling the older version, which is 12 inch 4 layer, a king is for $1,000. Cheaper at Costco unless you really need the 2020 version.
Vovchyk wrote: I’m also curious if they are good. Taking into consideration so many reviews they appear to be good.
Nov 22, 2019
129 posts
100 upvotes
pdkb24 wrote: Perfume. BC as well.
Are the prices reasonable for Perfumes after these discounts ? Looks like its only 10%.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
2146 posts
852 upvotes
Montreal, QC
bobclair wrote: Are the prices reasonable for Perfumes after these discounts ? Looks like its only 10%.
no? considering you can get much cheaper online
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2006
4549 posts
1549 upvotes
scamit wrote: The Bay is carrying the new 2020 version of the mattress, which i believe is a 3 layer 11 inch verion.

If you go to Costco, they are selling the older version, which is 12 inch 4 layer, a king is for $1,000. Cheaper at Costco unless you really need the 2020 version.
Thanks!

The Costco one is the Casper "Select". This is the same as the "Original" sold by The Bay (but a year older)?
Don't like the thread? Hide it or report it. Don't incessantly complain about it in the thread, please.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
1306 posts
700 upvotes
Burnaby
cslusarc wrote: This is the longest PRESIDENT'S DISCOUNT exclusions list ever.

@kooltilltheen, where did you get promo code FALLVIP? Is there a url for terms and conditions?

You can sign up for HUDSON'S BAY REWARDS online two ways :
1. Existing registered users can login and signup for a new rewards card;
2. New users can register for both the website and HUDSON'S BAY REWARDS at the same time.
It was auto-applied to my cart by Honey

From what I could tell, the code works the same as THANKSVIP except it didn't work on perfume (so I'm guessing it only covers the 25% discount range and none of the others)