The Bay

Flash Sale: Up to 50% off Jewellery, Watches, Handbags

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 17th, 2021 10:15 pm
15 replies
Nov 22, 2017
345 posts
274 upvotes
For the watch experts, any of the Longines, Rado, Hamilton etc a good deal with this promo? Looking to gift a nice watch...
Jan 19, 2008
339 posts
105 upvotes
It’s pretty much the same discount you can get at a place like AnnLouise for the Longines. So, nothing special.
Apr 29, 2020
240 posts
1157 upvotes
Wow they're selling used handbags by thirdparty sellers and not even labeling them as used, almost bought something until I went through the pictures and saw the scuff marks. Also there aren't any dimensions? Beware of what you purchase.
May 30, 2015
352 posts
325 upvotes
Cokenrumholdtherum wrote: Wow they're selling used handbags by thirdparty sellers and not even labeling them as used, almost bought something until I went through the pictures and saw the scuff marks. Also there aren't any dimensions? Beware of what you purchase.
You wanted to buy a brand new LV bag for $500?
Apr 29, 2020
240 posts
1157 upvotes
FriendlyUnit wrote: You wanted to buy a brand new LV bag for $500?
It was $1200 and mislabeled, whereas the Chanel ones are labeled "pre loved". Are you a shill?
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
44423 posts
7704 upvotes
manubear wrote: For the watch experts, any of the Longines, Rado, Hamilton etc a good deal with this promo? Looking to gift a nice watch...
Buyer beware. I bought a Hamilton and it wasn’t packed properly like if it was bought from a proper authorized dealer. No tags and no warranty card with serial number.

Go to Kavar Jewelry in Brampton, ON. Or buy from Canada Watch House or Lugaro Jewellers online when they have sales which is quiet common or frequent.
Blanka
Aug 15, 2017
217 posts
398 upvotes
manubear wrote: For the watch experts, any of the Longines, Rado, Hamilton etc a good deal with this promo? Looking to gift a nice watch...
Bay sales on watches aren't usually super competitive. I'm not sure exactly what you're after, but the odds are pretty good you'll do better elsewhere.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2005
2542 posts
3514 upvotes
St Clements, MB
Apparently you cannot also use most promo codes.
May 30, 2015
352 posts
325 upvotes
djemzine wrote: Buyer beware. I bought a Hamilton and it wasn’t packed properly like if it was bought from a proper authorized dealer. No tags and no warranty card with serial number.

Go to Kavar Jewelry in Brampton, ON. Or buy from Canada Watch House or Lugaro Jewellers online when they have sales which is quiet common or frequent.
They happened to sell you a demo watch off the shelf.
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
7479 posts
4104 upvotes
Debtario
I was hoping to snag a blue Tissot PRX, but it seems they jacked the "regular" price to $475 so it's on sale at $404. Previously it was $356 on sale in June ( I think I saw it lower at ~$280 with a stacked promo code, but didn't screenshot and I'm not 100% sure )
FriendlyUnit wrote: They happened to sell you a demo watch off the shelf.
I suspect this is what happened to one of my seiko 5 sports (5KX) watches - arrived with no plastic on the caseback or bracelet. Otherwise good shape, but I could tell someone had been touching it. Paid $225 and they didn't charge me tax plus it was OOS, so didn't bother trying to return it.

It seems the orders are shipped out from random stores instead of a central warehouse, whoever has stock at any given time.
Last edited by M1K3Z0R on Aug 17th, 2021 5:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
44423 posts
7704 upvotes
FriendlyUnit wrote: They happened to sell you a demo watch off the shelf.
If that was the case, wouldn’t it have been cheaper then in terms of price?
Blanka
Mar 27, 2016
451 posts
405 upvotes
Vancouver
M1K3Z0R wrote: I suspect this is what happened to one of my seiko 5 sports (5KX) watches - arrived with no plastic on the caseback or bracelet. Otherwise good shape, but I could tell someone had been touching it. Paid $225 and they didn't charge me tax plus it was OOS, so didn't bother trying to return it.

It seems the orders are shipped out from random stores instead of a central warehouse, whoever has stock at any given time.
Yes, I've had watches ship from the store too, definitely been touched and tried on.
May 30, 2015
352 posts
325 upvotes
djemzine wrote: If that was the case, wouldn’t it have been cheaper then in terms of price?
Not necessarily, if they provide full warranty on this piece.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)