Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Bay

Global Katana 6-Piece Stainless Steel Knife & Block Set (plus filler) - $300

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 19th, 2022 12:27 am
Apr 23, 2020
187 posts
1725 upvotes

[The Bay] Global Katana 6-Piece Stainless Steel Knife & Block Set (plus filler) - $300

Global Katana 6-Piece Stainless Steel Knife & Block Set is on sale for $349.99.

Promo Code BAYDAYS gives 15% off for $350 spent, so you'll want to add a cheap filler.

For example, with this coaster for $2.54, the final price is $299.65.

Set includes:
Paring knife, 3"/8cm
Utility knife 4.5"/11cm
Vegetable knife, 5.5"/14cm
Serrated utility knife, 6"/15cm
Cook’s knife, 8"/20cm
Storage block,7.25 x 7.5 x 13.5"
20 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2007
1075 posts
1976 upvotes
Calgary
I do like my Global knives, which I got from a similar sale at the Bay a few years ago.

That said, while the price is similar, this set doesn’t include the (fantastic) bread knife!

Now, where’s that time machine?
- Everyone has their thing, we're all here to save money while doing it…
Dec 23, 2010
23 posts
11 upvotes
Extra 5% with Rakuten.

Bought this set a couple weeks ago on last sale. Awesome set, have had the g2 for years, best knife I've ever used. Wish it came with the global sharpener as its designed for their knives.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2022
1530 posts
2688 upvotes
Vancouver
Wouldn't it be a better deal to spend an extra $30 and get the knife set from Costco if you have a membership.

Doesn't seem like much of a sale when Costco sells the same product with an extra knife year round.

Global Synergy 7-piece Knife and Block set

These knife sets are usually bad value.

You don't need a knife set

I'd prob get Global 2-piece G2 Chef Knife and GS1 Kitchen Knife Set or Global 2-piece Knife Set with a 17.7 cm (7 in) Cook’s Knife along with a Ha No Kuromaku Ceramic Whetstone Medium Grit #1000 by Shapton.
Last edited by rgbGamingChair on Oct 14th, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2005
2798 posts
1134 upvotes
Got mine 7 pcs from Costco for $80, I love it.
King of the farm
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2007
1075 posts
1976 upvotes
Calgary
rgbGamingChair wrote: Wouldn't it be a better deal to spend an extra $30 and get the knife set from Costco if you have a membership.

Doesn't seem like much of a sale when Costco sells the same product with an extra knife year round.

Global 2-piece G2 Chef Knife and GS1 Kitchen Knife Set

I'd prob get Global 2-piece G2 Chef Knife and GS1 Kitchen Knife Set along with a Ha No Kuromaku Ceramic Whetstone Medium Grit #1000 by Shapton.

I would disagree. For ~ $50/ knife, sure the paring and vegetable knife could be had for cheaper, but I use all six of the global knives that came in the Ikasu set weekly and feel they were decent enough value at that price.
Dec 23, 2010
23 posts
11 upvotes
Rooster wrote: Got mine 7 pcs from Costco for $80, I love it.
That's an insane price. When?!
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2007
1075 posts
1976 upvotes
Calgary
Rooster wrote: Got mine 7 pcs from Costco for $80, I love it.
RFD level: EXPERT right there!
Aug 28, 2007
480 posts
1055 upvotes
Toronto
rgbGamingChair wrote: Wouldn't it be a better deal to spend an extra $30 and get the knife set from Costco if you have a membership.

Global 2-piece G2 Chef Knife and GS1 Kitchen Knife Set

I'd prob get Global 2-piece G2 Chef Knife and GS1 Kitchen Knife Set along with a Ha No Kuromaku Ceramic Whetstone Medium Grit #1000 by Shapton.
I agree with this statement. the only good knife you need is the one you use the most ie. chef's knife or maybe santoku. having a good ($50+) paring knife is a waste of money.

That said: I didn't vote on this thread.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2022
1530 posts
2688 upvotes
Vancouver
RockyMtns27 wrote: I would disagree. For ~ $50/ knife, sure the paring and vegetable knife could be had for cheaper, but I use all six of the global knives that came in the Ikasu set weekly and feel they were decent enough value at that price.
That is fine, but this deal doesn't seem that great if you have a Costco membership since Costco sells the same product + 1 extra knife and a big boy bread knife vs small serrated utility knife for an extra $30.
Last edited by rgbGamingChair on Oct 14th, 2022 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 25, 2018
969 posts
1987 upvotes

Global Synergy 7-piece Knife and Block set

This is very true. I only use my chef knife and pairing knife. Tbh I probably don't even need a pairing knife. I only use it when I'm too lazy to use a big knife and the item to cut is very small, but the chef knife would do the trick.

Also 8" chef knife may not be for every one. I find 7" fits my hand better, and my gf uses a 6" one.
Before you speak: THINK
T = is it True? H = is it Helpful? I = is it Inspiring? N = is it Necessary? K = is it Kind?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
9827 posts
5822 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Rooster wrote: It was sent by error, many RFDer got it.
costco-global-g2-chef-knife-g91sb-sharp ... tl-2556972
This isnt 7pcs.
And use a whetstone instead of pull through sharpener.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
RockyMtns27 wrote: I do like my Global knives, which I got from a similar sale at the Bay a few years ago.

That said, while the price is similar, this set doesn’t include the (fantastic) bread knife!

Now, where’s that time machine?
Didn't notice the missing bread knife here at first!
RockyMtns27 wrote: I would disagree. For ~ $50/ knife, sure the paring and vegetable knife could be had for cheaper, but I use all six of the global knives that came in the Ikasu set weekly and feel they were decent enough value at that price.
+1, we use all 6 knives weekly too and the set looks great on the counter
Nov 16, 2021
16 posts
10 upvotes
markust5775 wrote: How is that comparable to the deal in the thread? 80 bucks for a knife with a sharpener?
I was also one of the people that got this. Tried to by the knife + sharpener for $70+tax, but were accidentally sent the 7 piece set instead.
Sep 5, 2007
762 posts
45 upvotes
have the ikea and the global, can't really compare.

Global is another level.
Mar 25, 2010
225 posts
421 upvotes
Montreal
theflyingsquirrel wrote: This isnt 7pcs.
And use a whetstone instead of pull through sharpener.
The 7 pcs was sent by error. Read the thread, Rooster's right.

I also got it for 80$.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)