Expired Hot Deals

The Bay

Global Seido 7-Piece Knife & Maple block set $259.99 (with code SAVE40)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 13th, 2022 7:20 pm
[OP]
Dec 1, 2007
472 posts
171 upvotes

[The Bay] Global Seido 7-Piece Knife & Maple block set $259.99 (with code SAVE40)

Hopefully those who missed this over the holidays can grab a set now.

Seido 7-Piece Stainless Steel Knife & Maple Block Set - on clearance. Use code “SAVE40” to gave $40 off $200+ purchases.

Total: $259.99 with discount.
23 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
2353 posts
2275 upvotes
Montréal
A nice gift

Victorinox
Global
Tojiro DP

Are decent value knives
Nov 19, 2016
44 posts
27 upvotes
thesubmitter wrote: A nice gift

Victorinox
Global
Tojiro DP

Are decent value knives
If Global is a "value" knife, what is on your high tier list?
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2005
4172 posts
408 upvotes
brokeadult wrote: If Global is a "value" knife, what is on your high tier list?
They are a value knife.

Miyabi
Kramer
Shun

Etc can be more than this per knife.
Sep 23, 2020
21 posts
29 upvotes
This is a great deal. Normally I've seen this posted here for $300+

There certainly are better knives, but Globals are very solid.
Aug 5, 2009
124 posts
100 upvotes
Ottawa
Bought this on the last deal and they're amazing! Would strongly recommend at this price.
Aug 30, 2007
773 posts
1460 upvotes
Calgary
Good knives at a good price.

Grab a good ceramic sharpening rod or whetstone, keep them sharp and you’ll get good value out of these, I know I do.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
2353 posts
2275 upvotes
Montréal
brokeadult wrote: If Global is a "value" knife, what is on your high tier list?
Check out knifewear.com to get ideas where the rabbit hole leads
Dec 3, 2009
824 posts
464 upvotes
Vancouver
Can anyone who have these comment on the handle?

In particular, the handles seem to be hollow with holes? Does food and grime get trapped inside?
Mar 7, 2011
26 posts
11 upvotes
pentiumvi wrote: Can anyone who have these comment on the handle?

In particular, the handles seem to be hollow with holes? Does food and grime get trapped inside?
Handles are slim. I do like them. I use them most often. I think it’s good for home cook environment but if you do repetitive cutting for long hours or cutting hard objects, the handles are too thin for it. Just my honest opinion. It does retain sharpness well but i did hear people chipping the edge easily. Hasn’t happened to me. Also the blacks on the handles are not holes. They are just indents with black painted over them. Food does not get stuck for me.
Dec 3, 2009
824 posts
464 upvotes
Vancouver
mikjh wrote: Handles are slim. I do like them. I use them most often. I think it’s good for home cook environment but if you do repetitive cutting for long hours or cutting hard objects, the handles are too thin for it. Just my honest opinion. It does retain sharpness well but i did hear people chipping the edge easily. Hasn’t happened to me. Also the blacks on the handles are not holes. They are just indents with black painted over them. Food does not get stuck for me.
Oh haha.... For some reason I thought those were actual holes. Divots with black paint makes much more sense.
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
6850 posts
3370 upvotes
Debtario
pentiumvi wrote: Can anyone who have these comment on the handle?

You need to try the handle to gauge how you feel. I'm not a pro chef so cannot speak to how this knife feels after using it for hours a day, but to my hands the handle feels great, Great balance too, the handle is actually filled with sand before being welded shut.

They are very shallow indentations, apparently "painted" black but if it is indeed paint I've yet to see any trace of it deteriorating. Food will not get stuck, the pattern adds a little bit of texture to help grip and looks great too. Interestingly, despite being one piece style construction, Global knives are not NSF certified (does not mean that much, though I would have assumed they were)
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Deal Addict
May 26, 2006
1453 posts
526 upvotes
Toronto
For those that missed out, $250-300 seems like a regular sale price for these. Picked these up for $250 just before or just after Christmas and have been liking them. I have next to zero knowledge of good knives, but I was expecting these to have more heft to them - they're quite light in the hand.
Apr 16, 2014
263 posts
370 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
frederixx wrote: I see them in stock now. Must be limited quantities though
It doesn't tell you Out of Stock until you try to add it to your bag.