Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Bay

Global Seido 7-Piece Stainless Steel Knife & Maple Block Set $299.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 27th, 2021 2:44 pm
May 23, 2017
62 posts
105 upvotes
Thanks OP. I was literally researching kitchen knives all last week and found Global to be the best value for the money. Only thing that could have made this better is if one of the knives was replaced with a honing rod as the 3 larger Chef's knives aren't really needed since you only need 1.
Aug 23, 2008
282 posts
44 upvotes
Toronto
Isn't this a stamped knife set? I am not too knowledgeable on knives tbh but can anyone explain why to choose this over a forged knife set?
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
2638 posts
2662 upvotes
Montréal
fightbriz wrote: Is 299 lowest ever?
I got a 3 piece for 99$. Also fibrox pro is what u go for for value, global has a unique modern polarizing design but be prepared to hone often
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
2638 posts
2662 upvotes
Montréal
swell9 wrote: Isn't this a stamped knife set? I am not too knowledgeable on knives tbh but can anyone explain why to choose this over a forged knife set?
Its forged, they are decent knives but the design is unique
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
2638 posts
2662 upvotes
Montréal
NinjaNick wrote: Thanks OP. I was literally researching kitchen knives all last week and found Global to be the best value for the money. Only thing that could have made this better is if one of the knives was replaced with a honing rod as the 3 larger Chef's knives aren't really needed since you only need 1.
Fibrox pro is the best value but i like these
Aug 23, 2005
643 posts
458 upvotes
Ontario
swell9 wrote: Isn't this a stamped knife set? I am not too knowledgeable on knives tbh but can anyone explain why to choose this over a forged knife set?
thesubmitter wrote: Its forged, they are decent knives but the design is unique
If the knives are from the Global G Series, they are stamped. Having said that, they're still high quality knives.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
2638 posts
2662 upvotes
Montréal
metabrah wrote: I read that the handles on Global knives are a bit shorter than other brands. Does anyone here have larger hands and owns these? Is the handle comfortable/ergonomic to hold?
I have larger hands, i have always liked the globals. They were my first choice but now i have a legit gyuto and i let the family abuse the globals
Sep 26, 2015
108 posts
73 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
How does this compare to the other knife sets available at Costco, such as:
- https://www.costco.ca/henckels-christop ... 49206.html
- https://www.costco.ca/henckels-modernis ... 26653.html

Also, can someone who is knowledgeable on knifes explain what each of these knives would be used for? For example, what's the point of having a 4.5" utility knife, a 5.5" vegetable knife, and a 5" cook's knife? From what I'v read online, it looks like the paring knife, bread knife, and 8" cook's knife is all that you need.

Thanks!
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
12157 posts
111987 upvotes
Ontario
tdotishome wrote: Does anyone know country of origin?
From the Seido collection. The Global tradition since their conception in 1985, global® knives have established an enviable reputation for innovative design and exceptional performance. Just as fine swords lent distinction to the samurai, Global® knives bring distinction to the chef, whether high-ranking professional or enthusiastic amateur. Cromova 18 steel blade retains its edge longer than any major knife brand. Unique convex edge of the global blade makes cuts smoother, requiring less energy. Ergonomic, stainless-steel hygienic handles with signature dimple pattern offer a bolster-less, comfortable and slip-resistant grip. Perfectly balanced handles precisely calibrated to offset the weight of the blade. Cromova 18 stainless steel/maple wood block. Hand wash. Made in Japan.

SEVEN-PIECE SET INCLUDES
One paring knife, 3"
One utility knife, 4.5"
One bread knife, 8"
One vegetable knife, 5.5"
Two cook's knives, 5" and 8"
One maple knife storage block, 9" x 4.5" x 7"
Style Code: 0600091851881
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
Costco East: ON, Québec , NB, NS & PEI
Jan 2 - 29th Member Savings (Costco)
Aug 25, 2019
944 posts
995 upvotes
Bunch of Kill Bill Fans voting in this thread Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes

/Love buying Quality Products made in the land of the Rising Sun Smiling Face With Open Mouth
"You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment." — Henry David Thoreau
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2015
2493 posts
2809 upvotes
Toronto, ON
This is a way better deal than the combo set from Costco, I bought the two pk and it cost me around $200 already
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2006
5320 posts
2791 upvotes
Northside
fightbriz wrote: How much did you pay?
I think it was $130 taxes in from costco , on sale
Jul 30, 2019
117 posts
88 upvotes
Vancouver
These knives are great, and 299 is a steal. I returned the Costco Zwilling Pro S’s from a while back in favour of these.

The Globals fit much better in hand and the weight and sharpness felt like a big difference. Hoping these last a long time.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
2638 posts
2662 upvotes
Montréal
Doyvidlah wrote: How does this compare to the other knife sets available at Costco, such as:
- https://www.costco.ca/henckels-christop ... 49206.html
- https://www.costco.ca/henckels-modernis ... 26653.html

Also, can someone who is knowledgeable on knifes explain what each of these knives would be used for? For example, what's the point of having a 4.5" utility knife, a 5.5" vegetable knife, and a 5" cook's knife? From what I'v read online, it looks like the paring knife, bread knife, and 8" cook's knife is all that you need.

Thanks!
Thats true, u can get by with much less but at 299 ppl who really want sets this is good. In fact a good 6” Chefs Knife does 90% of the work
Sep 26, 2015
108 posts
73 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Thanks! Do you know what the model is for each of these knifes?
Like is the 8" cook's knife the G2?
Dec 22, 2011
317 posts
382 upvotes
London
Doyvidlah wrote: Thanks! Do you know what the model is for each of these knifes?
Like is the 8" cook's knife the G2?
I took a look at the picture on The Bay's listing as closely as I could...

The 8" chef's knife is definitely the G-2
The 5" chef's knife appears to be the GS-3
The bread knife looks like it's the G-9 (The Bay listing says its 8", whereas the Global USA website lists it as 8.5" - they don't have an 8" bread knife in the Classic line)
The 5.5" vegetable knife appears to be the GS-5
The 4.25" utility knife appears to be the GSF-22

I can't seem to match up/find the 3" paring knife on the Global USA website.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)