Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Bay

Hot! Automatic Espresso Saeco Intelia Deluxe $749 Regular $1699

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 13th, 2017 11:59 am
101 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2007
2340 posts
1389 upvotes
Ottawa
Don't forget save 15% off code EXTRA15 and 5% cashback via ebates.
Jan 18, 2005
247 posts
239 upvotes
I have a similar Saeco model and it has been a great workhorse in the house for years. Too bad it doesn't need replacing yet or I would get this.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2004
2310 posts
407 upvotes
fruzmatik wrote: Don't forget save 15% off code EXTRA15 and 5% cashback via ebates.
EXCLUSIONS:

ONE DAY SALES

ALL-CLAD, BLUEAIR, BOBSWEEP, BONECO AIR O SWISS, DYSON, FRETTE, GLOBAL, HUNTER DOUGLAS, JURA, KATE SPADE NEW YORK, LACOSTE, MEDLINE, MILL, RALPH LAUREN, SAECO, STADLER FORM, SWELL, VITAMIX, WMF. ALL MAJOR APPLIANCES.
The following categories & brands are a maximum 10% discount: BBQ'S, FURNITURE, MATTRESSES, CONFECTIONERY, GOURMET, PARROT, PHANTOM, SOLOGEAR.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
2471 posts
146 upvotes
Toronto
So tempted.. but my machine is still running strong
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
1788 posts
2625 upvotes
Help! Should I get one? How's the maintenance on these things and how's the lifespan?
Jan 27, 2013
965 posts
1340 upvotes
The machine is self descaling, auto rinsing. As long as you use distilled water or at the minimum filtered water lines will be ok. The key to this machine is keeping it clean (brew unit, trays etc). Maintenance cleaning is detailed in the manual. Ive had the older version for 5 years. Get it
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
5582 posts
2441 upvotes
DO NOT use oily beans or you will be frustrated
Cleaning nightmare and problems with grinder very common
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
1788 posts
2625 upvotes
lifeisfuneh wrote: DO NOT use oily beans or you will be frustrated
Cleaning nightmare and problems with grinder very common
Can you suggest cost-efficient non-oily beans for thia? :D Thanks in advance!
Jul 3, 2008
879 posts
357 upvotes
boisbriand
ca_gascon wrote: Can you suggest cost-efficient non-oily beans for thia? :D Thanks in advance!
Lavazza at costco. I think its pretty good for the price
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2016
1663 posts
4016 upvotes
Good machine but:
Descale each 3 month
Clean brew group when you empty the used coffee mac compartment
Grease brew group montly
No oily or dark/black-ish coffee bean

Trust me.
Last edited by Admin on Jul 32th, 2027 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
1788 posts
2625 upvotes
Also, 2 more questions please. Can I just use my brita jug to filter the water instead of the intenza filter? What's the cheapest chemical for cleaning the machine?

I'm trying to manage maintenance costs before I buy this. Thanks!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
5582 posts
2441 upvotes
ca_gascon wrote: Can you suggest cost-efficient non-oily beans for thia? :D Thanks in advance!
ZAVIDA 100% Colombian Costco
Aug 10, 2004
143 posts
69 upvotes
Toronto
Got totally lucky in-store. I had difficulty finding the product so I showed the sales associate the flyer with the item and the sale price.
Found the item and tried to cash out; she tried to apply the extra discount, didn't work. So she looked at the flyer again to see if it qualified.
Top of the page shows 15% discount when using HBC card. She tried to apply the discount again, but said that this must be an excluded product.
But she asked the store manager anyways, who authorized the discount, and ended up overriding the exclusion. I didn't argue the point, just went along for the ride.
So got an extra 15% off. Manager then told the staff this was a one-time exception, and to continue to exclude the product.

But maybe worth a try for other people in-store. The flyer does appear to suggest that there is an extra 15% on this item. But when looking at the fine print, it definitely says that it should be excluded.
Good luck.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
7618 posts
5705 upvotes
Ottawa
Was going go buy it, but it's still too expensive, if 15% off coupon works . Maybe
Buy Nice or Buy Twice.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2015
2300 posts
2175 upvotes
Laval, QC
sonyHdr12 wrote: Was going go buy it, but it's still too expensive, if 15% off coupon works . Maybe
15% off coupon doesn't work on this Espresso machine, just tested
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2005
4047 posts
3277 upvotes
Ottawa
This is an excellent price - cheaper than US pricing!

Automatic machines with a ceramic grinder like this one don't work well with oily beans. It has trouble grinding the beans and will not grind the proper dose. Sometimes it produces a very weak shot/cup or just errors out. A work around is to mix up to about 1/3 of oily beans with non-oily beans.

This machine also accepts pre-ground coffee through the bypass doser so if you want to use decaffeinated coffee or oily beans like Kicking Horse 454 Horsepower then you can grind it in another grinder first and select the bypass.

I use the powder Urnex Dezcal Activated Scale Remover in 1kg container from Amazon when it was on for $15.xx. I mix about 2 tablespoons in lukewarm water to help dissolve it and let it cool for descaling. Much more cost efficient than using the liquid descaler and should last for many, many descaling cycles. This powder is not recommended for use in aluminum boilers - this machine should have a stainless steel boiler so check it first.

I rinse the brew group about once a week and wipe clean the area around the brew group and coffee ground drawer. Lubricate every 6 months or so and if you feel up to it, clean the grinder. There is more maintenance than an semi-automatic but definitely worth it for me Winking Face
Dec 3, 2007
435 posts
62 upvotes
Just tried to buy. Insufficient inventory. Guess it's sold out.
Dec 3, 2007
435 posts
62 upvotes
Update: found one in store. woo hoo
Nov 3, 2011
63 posts
12 upvotes
Canada
4zim wrote: Update: found one in store. woo hoo
Same. They also gave me the extra 15% for using an HBC card (without me even asking first).

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)