• Last Updated:
  • Feb 27th, 2020 5:15 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2006
1276 posts
657 upvotes
Toronto
phoreoneone wrote: Curious, for how long do some of you keep tags on your clothes for?
Just bought it on the weekend....
Deal Addict
May 22, 2006
2074 posts
684 upvotes
Toronto
Hmmm....I bought stuff pretty early in the morning (like 2-3am lol) and they didn't have the final sale language. I can't find any fine print on it either. I always buy more items due to sizing (e.g. I have some Hilfiger dress shirts and two different sizes fit me...). I'm definitely returning some, so we'll see what they say when it comes to it.
Nov 17, 2015
41 posts
35 upvotes
Port Moody, BC
akilana wrote: Too bad can’t return and re-buy the already worn underwear
Rebuy then return the new one with the old receipt!
Nov 17, 2015
41 posts
35 upvotes
Port Moody, BC
Are they going out of business or what?! 13000 items on clearance?
Jan 8, 2016
17 posts
23 upvotes
xetrfd wrote: Are they going out of business or what?! 13000 items on clearance?
You ever walk past the woman’s shoes section? That’s like 10,000 items on its own and every season gets new stock!
Aug 16, 2008
542 posts
393 upvotes
Toronto
xetrfd wrote: Are they going out of business or what?! 13000 items on clearance?
Just bought a bunch of winter gear. 35% off clearance is the best deal they've ever had.
Fido $15/3gb less 50% for 24 months x 3
Deal Addict
May 16, 2007
1077 posts
695 upvotes
Thanks OP. Found a few things to get the 35% off, plus used my grandmothers retiree (Simpsons/Hudson's Bay) bay card to pay and got an extra 20% off.

Sweet !
Nov 17, 2015
41 posts
35 upvotes
Port Moody, BC
User060821 wrote: You ever walk past the woman’s shoes section? That’s like 10,000 items on its own and every season gets new stock!
That’s right :))
Jul 28, 2019
2 posts
[Ultimate worst shipping from the Bay ever. Horrible service with agents on phone too. Packages not shipped on time for delivery. Happened twice to me, same scenario. Bad customer service Ever!

quote=teej22 post_id=32177082 time=1582233193 user_id=1453392]
Pick up in store is only available for items carried in stores, at the specific store for which the item is in stock. They are not like other retailers that will ship an item to your desired store for free. If the option is not available it is likely an online only item
[/quote]
Mar 22, 2013
945 posts
1423 upvotes
Toronto
jrs101 wrote: They’re stamping “final sale, no returns” on the receipt. Sounds ominous, last push for sales before the privatization vote next week. It’s the salespeople that have to deal with the hot headed irate customers over stupid policies like this.
Very ominous. Nothing at all to do with RFD’ers buying and returning stuff over and over to save $3 each time, and the costs associated with inventory management, restocking, and free shipping.
Feb 3, 2019
92 posts
54 upvotes
esq05 wrote: Hmmm....I bought stuff pretty early in the morning (like 2-3am lol) and they didn't have the final sale language. I can't find any fine print on it either. I always buy more items due to sizing (e.g. I have some Hilfiger dress shirts and two different sizes fit me...). I'm definitely returning some, so we'll see what they say when it comes to it.
It’s there on the home page if you scroll down to find the banner for the promo. I had to look for 10 minutes to find out where it said “final sale” since it’s not ANYWHERE else. Super deceptive
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
4897 posts
2016 upvotes
Every item has "BUY SAVE MORE FINAL SALE" under the price while browsing now .... was it not there before?
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2006
3077 posts
407 upvotes
Have more items been added to clearance since last week?
Aug 4, 2004
425 posts
195 upvotes
renoldman wrote: Every item has "BUY SAVE MORE FINAL SALE" under the price while browsing now .... was it not there before?
when I did my purchase yesterday morning, it shows there already. However, at the shipping and return details on the item page, it did not mention you cannot return it. Not even putting a "*" there. When you click on the the detail, the link will bring you to their return policy website. You will not notice the "FINAL SALE" section till very end of it then it mentioned because of the heavy discount on the clearance items, those are not eligible for the return/exchange/refund.

BUT.. when I was doing the online chat with the agent, she did mention I could just return the item I did not want back to the store. I am not sure if she really look into my order when she made that comment at the moment. Maybe she over looked that the items on my order were all "final sale" item.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2006
2074 posts
684 upvotes
Toronto
renoldman wrote: Every item has "BUY SAVE MORE FINAL SALE" under the price while browsing now .... was it not there before?
I bought some dress shirts last week (before this sale) and it was 25% off. The size was wrong, so I really just want to exchange them. I was going to go instore to do it at they had it instock as well in my local store. But then I just noticed this sale, and bought the same shirts but one size larger (because I dont know if the store would do a straight exchange for a larger size). At the same time, I noticed ties were one sale too, so kinda just went down a rabbit hole to buy more. I did not notice the words "final sale" at that point. I never even went to the home page - I started from my orders page, clicked on the shirt I was looking to exchange and went from there. Now the shirt has "buy more save more final sale" on it - at least on this shirt, it was not there when I placed my order. I assume this was a last minute thing they did and just didn't update all the relevant parts of their website together (or maybe I had a cached version, no idea).

But like others, my order email confirmation, order page on HBC's website or when checking out - did not say final sale.