[The Bay] Hudson Bay Website Flash Sale: Staub 3.8L Round Cast Iron Cocotte

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 1st, 2019 10:36 am
[OP]
Nov 23, 2004
377 posts
307 upvotes

[The Bay] Hudson Bay Website Flash Sale: Staub 3.8L Round Cast Iron Cocotte

Quickly, only 1hr left in Today's Bay Flash Sale...this is the best deal I could find...
download.png

Staub 3.8L Round Cast Iron Cocotte - colors are in grey, black, and red only
$149.99 less 15% using the online promo code EXTRA brings the price to $127.50 before taxes...including taxes, comes out to $144. Dont forget ebates at 5%.

Grey Color:
Your text to link here...

Black Color:

Red Color:

Amazing deal considering the best sale on these are typically 50% at most.
19 replies
[OP]
Nov 23, 2004
377 posts
307 upvotes
Black and Red still available
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
2945 posts
1445 upvotes
Kingston
Upvoted for using the word “cocotte”
Jan 29, 2007
160 posts
86 upvotes
Markham
thanks OP picked up a red one!
Dec 4, 2016
358 posts
207 upvotes
Montreal
Can I fit a whole chicken in this one or do I need the 6 qt version? Can I use this on a coil type Cooktop?

Thanks for the deal OP
[OP]
Nov 23, 2004
377 posts
307 upvotes
MontrealParis wrote: Can I fit a whole chicken in this one or do I need the 6 qt version? Can I use this on a coil type Cooktop?
This can fit a small chicken...in my opinion this is the best size for most people especially couples. These are really heavy, so have too big a size becomes cumbersome.

And yes, you can use it on a coil type cooktop.
Dec 4, 2016
358 posts
207 upvotes
Montreal
Revvd wrote: This can fit a small chicken...in my opinion this is the best size for most people especially couples. These are really heavy, so have too big a size becomes cumbersome.

And yes, you can use it on a coil type cooktop.
I did some research and it will only fit a small bird with a few veggies ... I tend to like to cook lots of veggies with my chicken. I guess I'll have to take the risk.

I tried to use the code " extra " but it doesn't work for me. Am I the only one?
Mar 14, 2018
341 posts
362 upvotes
MontrealParis wrote: I did some research and it will only fit a small bird with a few veggies ... I tend to like to cook lots of veggies with my chicken. I guess I'll have to take the risk.

I tried to use the code " extra " but it doesn't work for me. Am I the only one?
Discount codes usually don't apply to flash sale items and deals of the day.
Dec 7, 2012
480 posts
969 upvotes
I remember a deal in December last year picked up two Staub 5.5 Qt. Cocotte in La mer colour $134.99 each on Zwilling. This is a great deal as well albeit a bit small to cook a meal in if you have a large family. We use ours multiple times a week, and can’t think of cooking in anything else. They are great!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
6931 posts
6458 upvotes
Toronto
JC69 wrote: Upvoted for using the word “cocotte”
Moi aussi
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
6931 posts
6458 upvotes
Toronto
MontrealParis wrote: Can I fit a whole chicken in this one or do I need the 6 qt version?
You can, if you get the same chickens Swiss Chalet sells
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
[OP]
Nov 23, 2004
377 posts
307 upvotes
Shihtzus wrote: Discount codes usually don't apply to flash sale items and deals of the day.
For this sale, the "EXTRA" discount code worked...you had to choose payment option using HBC Mastercard or HBC Credit Card in order for EXTRA 15% promo to show up.
Mar 14, 2018
341 posts
362 upvotes
habuyeths wrote: Aside from the size, how does the Staub compare to the Le Creuset one that was on sale at Hudson Bay a few days ago?

https://www.thebay.com/le-creuset-3-1-l ... 0090151150
I have this Staub one and I like it. But I bought the Le Creuset one as well a few days ago. The LC has enamel on the inside, the Staub doesn’t. The LC has a rounder bottom, easier to stir your food and easier to clean. LC has lifetime warranty, not sure about the Staub.