Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Bay

Hudson's Bay Black Friday 2018 Flyer is Here!

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 27th, 2018 3:38 pm
Banned
Oct 5, 2015
951 posts
666 upvotes
Outremont, QC
Tommy Hilfiger Signature Sweaters - $29.99 (regularly $89.90-109.90)

Is this instore only? does it valid online as well?
Sep 16, 2016
311 posts
296 upvotes
Toronto
I have HBC rewards card but no credit card. I should be able to get a 15% discount on the day I submitted my application for the credit card. But not sure what I need to buy till now.
If we can dream it, we can make it!
Sep 18, 2014
57 posts
11 upvotes
Mississauga
mrfrugal83 wrote: Anyone see men’s pajar trooper boots at the bay ?
Yes, I've seen a few pairs in store.
Mar 19, 2017
52 posts
25 upvotes
technique wrote: Does anyone know anything about London Fog? I'm looking for some new boots for the winter, are these decent quality?
I have had a pair for three years now, they are good quality. I would buy from them again.
Jun 19, 2018
155 posts
79 upvotes
Edmonton
Where does it show the extra 15% off for using a Bay credit card? I can't find it and I would like to know the exclusions. Thanks
RFD Staff Writer
Aug 18, 2015
149 posts
300 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Gadelros wrote: Where does it show the extra 15% off for using a Bay credit card? I can't find it and I would like to know the exclusions. Thanks

It's on the first page of the flyer
The exclusions are on page 3 and say, "Excludes One Day Sales, cosmetics, fragrances, and major appliances. Other exclusions apply. See in store and online for details."
Sent from my Commodore 64
Jan 19, 2015
37 posts
22 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
Anyone know if they’ll participate in the uppababy retailer sale for 20% off specific colours?
Thanks!
Jun 19, 2018
155 posts
79 upvotes
Edmonton
RFDAmbia wrote: Image

The exclusions are on page 3 and say, "Excludes One Day Sales, cosmetics, fragrances, and major appliances. Other exclusions apply. See in store and online for details."
thank you kindly.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2007
2301 posts
862 upvotes
Toronto
Gadelros wrote: Where does it show the extra 15% off for using a Bay credit card? I can't find it and I would like to know the exclusions. Thanks

I'm using the most up-to-date versions of Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer and Safari, and all four of my web browsers are not showing page 1 of the flyer. I checked with another website (that we're not allowed or supposed to mention here in RFD), and their website is showing page 1 of the Hudson Bay's BF flyer correctly. So that's why Galdelros asked you about why you can't see the extra 15% off, which happens to be on page 1 of the BF flyer.

If you use any of the four above mentioned web browsers, move your mouse over to the blank page beside page 2, where page 1 is supposed to be, and your mouse will expose the "i" or information box over whatever is supposed to be showing on page 1, which is invisible to the viewer, but the information is there.

I hope the issue will be fixed. Thanks.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
18226 posts
36618 upvotes
Scarborough
tigerhawk33 wrote: I'm using the most up-to-date versions of Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer and Safari, and all four of my web browsers are not showing page 1 of the flyer. I checked with another website (that we're not allowed or supposed to mention here in RFD), and their website is showing page 1 of the Hudson Bay's BF flyer correctly. So that's why Galdelros asked you about why you can't see the extra 15% off, which happens to be on page 1 of the BF flyer.

If you use any of the four above mentioned web browsers, move your mouse over to the blank page beside page 2, where page 1 is supposed to be, and your mouse will expose the "i" or information box over whatever is supposed to be showing on page 1, which is invisible to the viewer, but the information is there.

I hope the issue will be fixed. Thanks.
I'm seeing the flyer fine on all my devices. If you're still not seeing it please send me a PM and I'll help troubleshoot it with you.
RFD Staff - Got a question? Send me a private message.
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2007
2301 posts
862 upvotes
Toronto
TomRFD wrote: I'm seeing the flyer fine on all my devices. If you're still not seeing it please send me a PM and I'll help troubleshoot it with you.
Hi TomRFD, I didn't see your post until now, but I've checked using Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome, and I can now see page 1 for the Hudson Bay's BF flyer. Thank you for looking into this. I just wanted other RFD members to be able to see the first page (as I've heard from some family members yesterday that they couldn't view from their computers or smart phones). I'm shopping there tomorrow! :)
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
18226 posts
36618 upvotes
Scarborough
tigerhawk33 wrote: Hi TomRFD, I didn't see your post until now, but I've checked using Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome, and I can now see page 1 for the Hudson Bay's BF flyer. Thank you for looking into this. I just wanted other RFD members to be able to see the first page (as I've heard from some family members yesterday that they couldn't view from their computers or smart phones). I'm shopping there tomorrow! :)
Glad to hear it's working for you now. Good luck with your shopping tomorrow!
RFD Staff - Got a question? Send me a private message.
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2007
1567 posts
1534 upvotes
edifonzo wrote: The Bay has insane suggested retail prices. A similar Mikasa set was on sale last month at $179. Lol at $800.

https://www.redflagdeals.com/deal/other ... rware-set/

Here is my take on the Bay:

1. They exploit those new to Canada that don't know how much things cost in Canada. This also plays into cultural ideas of "luck" through scratch and save discounts and value through discount percentage.

2. Their business model relies heavily on their registry business. All the registered stuff is usually bought at full retail because who can predict the sale price and what guest would shop around for a deal on a registered gift. Sure they do some discounts for the new couple and the couple can return all the gifts. But most stuff was sold at their full retail price.

3. They fill their stores with private/captive label goods. You can't price match these goods and you can't comparison shop them. You also can't get goods that are highly reviewed on the internet. Just look at this list: http://www2.hbc.com/hbc/about/business/hbc/

4. If they like a brand the Bay goes full tilt with it. You like KitchenAid? Well good because it is 50% of our kitchen area with every possible thing that can be branded. You like Wusthof or Shun knives? Well let me show you every possible Zwilling J.A. Henckels knife ever made.

I much prefer Bed Bath and Beyond, or Crate and Barrel they have more diverse brand offerings. The Bay just wants to sell you a kitchen full of matching goods.

tl:dr I hate the Bay's and am currently sitting on a $400 bay gift card that I wanted to use on a BF deal KitchenAid mixer but bought one at **** Canadian Tire of all places instead.
The Bay is a traditional department store. Large margins with constant "sales" that aren't really. Very occasionally you can get deal there, generally by combining different types of discounts. It's just a business model, and at this point a pretty old one that's tanked most of their competitors (they're likely next).
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2006
2290 posts
2343 upvotes
Toronto
I was thinking of buying the toaster..it is not a one day sale so can I use my Bay Mastercard online to take advantage of the 15% off?
Deal Addict
May 31, 2008
1550 posts
1208 upvotes
Toronto
eh...nothing exciting..they will have better deals as usual in December.
Even their boxing day is better than this.
Nov 21, 2018
30 posts
4 upvotes
The extra 15%... Does anyone know if it'll apply to Dyson products? I'm looking for a purifier and I wouldn't consider it a "major appliance"...

RFD Staff Writer
Aug 18, 2015
149 posts
300 upvotes
Toronto, ON
looking4dealznow wrote: The extra 15%... Does anyone know if it'll apply to Dyson products? I'm looking for a purifier and I wouldn't consider it a "major appliance"...
Every time The Bay has held a similar promotion, Dyson products have been excluded -- so I would expect they would be excluded from this.
Sent from my Commodore 64
Deal Expert
Oct 30, 2006
16321 posts
7966 upvotes
I've gotten very good clearance deals on name brands from The Bay over the years. As a department store not that popular with the younger crowd, it's nice having a quieter place to shop.

And I find it no different from other clothing retailers that regularly boast about 50% off sales. No one should be paying "regular price" on most products these days.
Deal Guru
May 23, 2003
10229 posts
1652 upvotes
GTA
My mom wanted a new winter coat so I guided her through online shopping for the first time. Well, I did most of the work still but hopefully it turns out okay. She likes the style online so hopefully it fits! I suggested she order the top two she likes just in case one didn't fit well and she could always return the other one.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)